Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited October 2008 in Sports Betting
2-1 last week as Cougs and Huskies both get blown out (this is a recording, this is a recording...) but lost Hawks, who also got blown out.
Record now 7-7 overall

On to this week:

UW--Huskies have their 2nd of 3 seasonal byes this week.

WSU--Linemakers are starting to catch up to the fact that the Cougs are brutal (0-5 ATS this year) as they are 30-point underdogs to Oregon State in Corvallis this week. An OSU athletic department staffer was quoted in the local paper here, "I don't think we've ever been a 30-point favorite against anybody." Welcome to Cougar Football!!
It's always tought when dealing with a spread this huge and normally I'd just skip this game, but that's not what we do here in the State of Washington Report so we have to land somewhere. I'll shy away from the line and look at the toal, which is 54 1/2. OSU has a 2 game stretch here vs. WSU this week and UW next week which are both W's. What they will be most interested in is getting out of the 2 weeks as healthy as possible and then head into a bye week before getting into the teeth of the season against the better teams in the Pac-10. Additionally, the Cougs cannot stop the run and I suspect that OSU will run the ball a lot, keep the clock moving toward the inevitable conclusion. So, we'll go with the UNDER as the pick here and lean to the Cougs +30, but not an official pick on the line.
Pick: OSU/WSU under 54 1/2

Seahawks--This is another game I would normally skip as both teams are pretty beat up but more importantly, Seahawk QB Hasselbeck was downgraded to doubtful today, still suffering from the knee injury he suffered in the 1st quarter last weekend. He hasn't practiced all week and will be a game-time decision. Holmgren said today that 3rd stringer, Charlie Frye will play at some point during the game (2nd stringer Seneca Wallace is still out with a bad calf). I'm mindful that I've picked the Hawks every week, but I'm going to have to again. I'm not a fan of pro football in general, and I haven't been to a Hakws game since 1983 (and it was a pre-season game at that), so please don't think that I have the rose-colored glasses on. The game is currently off the board, though the last line was Hawks -1 1/2 so we'll go with that. Hawks have made some changes on defense, Engram and Robinson are starting at WR Sunday, and I think that Hasselbeck will probably play. Hawks in a must-win situation, as season is quickly getting away from them. Not confident pick, but a pick nonetheless.
Pick: Seattle -1 1/2