Betting Talk

can any team give USC a game this year.

mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
edited September 2008 in Sports Betting
I can't imagine it and am sure by Nov., USC could beat some of the poorer Pro teams. Does the SEC have a team that would be within 17 points of USC on a neutral field?

Comments

• kybluekyblue Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    yes three of them
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Campbell could give USC a run for its money..:laugh:
  • hookyoohookyoo Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Texas!!!!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Sooners Baby !!!
  • doublebdoubleb Member
    edited September 2008
    the pro game is just so fast. Usc would get crushed by any team. Florida and Georgia could stay within 10.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2008
    I think USC would beat the University of Virginia by 45ish, Just my opinion
  • Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited September 2008
    georgia doesnt even deserve to be in the top 25 cant believe you would even say that doubleb, i think the only team that could hang with them would be oklahoma as of right now, i dont see texas having a chance, and a slight chance maybe lsu. JMO not trying to start a pissing match that is just truly how i feel
  • NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    The answer is NO but they may have a let down I see Undefeted but 1 or 2 teams could cover the big line! JMO NEJIM
  • doublebdoubleb Member
    edited September 2008
    gator - i agree - okla is for real. murph was asking about a sec team. georia has talent, i'm waiting for them to explode!
  • oduxodux Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    GA is one dimensional, just like OSU. No one dimensional team will beat the likes of USC, OKLA, FLA
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    i seem to remember that last season's USC team was supposed to be the team of the decade or the best team of all time,they didnt win it...anything can happen,these are still college kids,and oregon cal,and ari st as usual look to be the only teams that could do it..maybe stanford
  • capstercapster Banned
    edited September 2008
    Missouri, Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida...
  • BrisbaneBrisbane Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    If were speaking about the team as a whole, this is the best USC team in the post-palmer era, at least compared to their level of competition. I would be absolutely shocked if they lost a game.

Really, the key is their depth. I do not think that Wells would have won the game for Ohio St. tonight, but the vacancy at RB was exposed during the Ohio game last week. For USC, they have 5 more All-Americans backing up their 1st string RB. They are just so deep that even injuries do not appear to be a problem at this point.

Really impressed with what I saw tonight, and it's awesome to have a football team playing at this caliber in a city who desperately needs a pro franchise again. 2nd biggest market in the USA behind NYC... really, no NFL team?
  • MikeNyceMikeNyce Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Irish will beat them
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    USC has a letdown every year in some game when you least suspect it. This discussion could have occured before Stanford, Oregon State and UCLA over the past three years. These are college kids and coaches at this level also know how to find a weakness. USC will have a struggle somewhere down the road. Also, I am not convinced that what happened today shows USC to be invincible. Ohio State is still a questionable team when outside the conference against top competition.
  • beatles65beatles65 Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    The Ohio St team that they crushed wasnt as good as advertised. They failed to learn their lessons in previuos matchups with teams that are similar to USC. ( Florida, LSU) I believe that they are built to win the Big 10 but not Teams with athletes on both sides of the ball. I thought they had the talent to cover the 10 but the truth is they are JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH! No one is unbeatable in college football. USC has an easier road to the NC game than any team. OU, Texas, Florida, Georgia would have a shot at USC. They would matchup better than Ohio St. Its a long season and who knows how it will play out. Im not going out on a limb saying Ohio St will not be in the national title hunt this year.
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Ever year there are doubters. USC has been the best program over the past 8 years.
    Look at their bowl game scores.
    The only real disapointment is that they haven't had the opportunity to open up a can of ass whip on the SEC in the big game.
    \They crushed Auburn and Arkansas in the regular season but just haven't been fortunate enough to take on the vaunted and talented teasm from the NFL oops I mena the SEC.
    USC would have kicked Urban Meyer and Florida's ass 2 years ago. That spread bullshit would have been flushed off the field.
    They would have whipped up on LSU last season too.
    And from someone who knows USC football inside and out: this is their best team in the "Pete" era. This is the best team since Carson's senior season when their only loss was to Cal on the road in OT, and they beat a good Iowa team by about 5 TD's in the BCS game.
    As for Missouri and Oklahoma (2 non NFL teams, ooops I mean SEC teams, are you kidding me???) Does anyone honestly think that those offensive systems would work against this defense?
    People are speaking from the heart.
  • Top PickerTop Picker Banned
    edited September 2008
    Wash st.! No they will lose somewhere and Florida will win it all!
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    This is what makes college fball different....one bad day & you're screwed. And folks argue from now till Jan.

But USC looked stronger than in the past & stonger than recent SEC powers. When is their next test?

Florida is @ GA on 11/1 & GA is @ LSU 10/25...OU is @ UT 10/11.
  • MarkDoggMarkDogg Banned
    edited September 2008
    call me crazy but im on the soonerss all season i think they can beat usc for the national title