Betting Talk

Scoscia absolutely gutless as a manager

mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
edited June 2008 in Sports Betting
the Angels deserve whatever bad happens to them after removing Weaver with a no hitter going in the 7th. Talk about stupid and insane.!! I would refuse to pitch next time around if I were Jared. Tell the Angels to stick that ball where the sun don't shine. How to turn your pitchers off big time

Comments

• viperviper Banned
    edited June 2008
    For the amount of dough he's making, Weaver will pitch standing on his head if they tell him to.
  • MoneyMayMoneyMay Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    murph, any team player would understand that Weaver had to be hit for in that situation. You try to win the game first, and if a no hitter comes with it, that's all gravy. And even if they left him in and he no-hit the dodgers for 8 innings, he still wouldn't have got the no-no because MLB doesn't acknoledge 8 inning no-hitters.
  • RudyNYC27RudyNYC27 Banned
    edited June 2008
    Old School: never take a pitcher out in that situation...agree with Murph.

RUDY
  • hot2handlehot2handle Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    Sorry guys - I disagree.....needed to take him out. The runner was in scoring position and he had the two worst strikeouts I had ever seen....perhaps he should work on trying to bat too.
    The run was a result of his own error anyways.
  • franky87franky87 Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    Weaver looked f***ng pissed off in the dug-out comming off the field........you cant deny that this will probably cause some conflict behind the scenes or even fuck with weaver mentally.......but over time everyone will forget about it
  • lentellentel Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    Its a tough call, but ultimatly the manager has to do what gives the team the best chance to win and not worry about personal stats. With a guy on second and a chance to tie the game it had to be a pinch hitter. Weaver looked atrocious at the plate earlier and there was not was he would have even made contact. There probably will be some inner termoil over this but it was the best decision to give the team a chance to win.