Betting Talk

golfer1000's Bitch Thread

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    The limits at pinnacle are peanuts at release (1k sides and 500 totals) and they take 1 bet at the release #. Cris also takes one. If people are betting them at worse number that's their own fault, but any clv added/maintained through the week is probably from other players.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    An interesting thing has happened. CLV has hit 3.5 pts. 3pts if you throw out the division 2 games. This is far more than in the past. I believe a bunch of off screen places have closed (some stiffing people). This has led to far more followers playing at Pinnacle and/or Cris and thus more line movement. Whatever RAS's edge, it's not more today than a year ago and certainly not more than 5 years ago and yet the lines are moving more. While it has not been true in the past, I would bet that playing the closers the other direction going forward this year will be a winner.

Good post. And very true. To add to that, the different packages available makes it more affordable to some, hence more people. Doesn't look good to me. And I don't like it:( . The whole thing is becoming to Dr Bobbish. What's next, daily packages for cbb for $39.99??
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    i used up my one time and i lost..lol..wtf..torture at its finest...
  • white broncowhite bronco Member
    edited September 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Won 7k on my own today and am down 12,000$ on the day.

Funny you posted this before your one play for the day even went final.

Oh, wait, you're probably referring to your "other plays"...the ones you didn't post.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    7700 he laid down bronco ;)
    edited September 2014
    I want Golfers bookie.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Not to kick anybody in the balls while you're down, but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are over betting their bankroll. A day like yesterday sucks no matter what, but it sucks less if you're betting within your means.
    edited September 2014
    durito wrote: »
    I want Golfers bookie.

Email me
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Funny you posted this before your one play for the day even went final.

Oh, wait, you're probably referring to your "other plays"...the ones you didn't post.

The Title should read Bitch and Bull-Shit.
  • white broncowhite bronco Member
    edited September 2014
    To put things in perspective, the service was down -2.4 units through Week 3 last year, and -5.7 units in the early afternoon of Week 4. It's presently down 4.35 units through two weeks, with plenty of bad luck.

The SMU total (hail mary), Tennessee total (missed FG), MTSU total (late TD), Miami side (6 TOs, late debacle) and Washington side (allowed 4th-and-11 conversion, then TD) could have gone either way. Instead, it was 0-4-1 or maybe even 0-5.

If two of those outcomes go the other way, this Golfer meltdown thread would only be five or six pages instead of seven.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited September 2014
    I want Golfers bookie.

I want to be Golfer's bookie.
  • James702James702 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's been a struggle theses past few years . I wonder what RAS CFB record is for thd part 2 years including these 2 wks ? I will chk it when I get time.
    edited September 2014
    James702 wrote: »
    It's been a struggle theses past few years . I wonder what RAS CFB record is for thd part 2 years including these 2 wks ? I will chk it when I get time.

Should still be positive. The year he only won like 1 unit he won about 4 units in halftimes.
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    To put things in perspective, the service was down -2.4 units through Week 3 last year, and -5.7 units in the early afternoon of Week 4. It's presently down 4.35 units through two weeks, with plenty of bad luck.

That's putting things in one perspective.
    Here's another:

increased odd - "The fact that RAS is counting more and more things in their record tell you how much tougher it is getting. The record is still completely transparent, and it's easy to back out the crap, but counting Division 2 and 2 half bets when they are playable for between $500 and $3000 for about 1 second seems kind of silly to me. "

I agree with this.
    Also, there are essentially 2 service versions - the normal service, and the enhanced service which includes the plays that increased odd mentions above.

Ideally, I feel the Results page should show 3 listings - for the basic service, for the enhanced plays, and for the combination of the 2.

Last year people complained that the Extra plays should not be included in the overall record and so they were separated.
    I don't know why they're being included this year. But they do give an unrealistic version of results for all of the subscribers who are not betting the enhanced plays (which are available at lower limits).

At any rate, not all are subscribing to the enhanced. So for those people the records is not -4.35 units, but -7.15 units.

But it's much worse as that is the record only for those who got the exact RAS release line.

In Week One, I couldn't get the release line on one play nor within 1.5 points of it. The closest I could have gotten all week was 2.5 points worse (after missing the original line). So I passed.
    This was one of week one's winners. So I am one unit worse than the official record.

This week I did get almost all plays at the release number.
    However, for the first (double) play I went to 2 books and they both had 54 (1 point worse) and I took it at both for a total of 1.5 units, so my loss this week is 1.65 units worse than the official record.

So if the official record is -7.15 units, then I am -9.8 units for the 2 weeks.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this - over the season there will be times , when a bettor misses a release number, or the book one gets the plays at has a number at release time that is 0.5 point worse or sometimes 1 point worse, or the juice on the release play is greater than -110, etc.
    This will happen more than once.

So the overall record will never be as good as the official record.

golfer1000 - "Should still be positive. The year he only won like 1 unit he won about 4 units in halftimes."

See increased odd's post above.
    edited September 2014
    The two are clearly separated on his page.
    edited September 2014
    The two are clearly separated on his page.

Agreed.
    Looking closer at it, it seems fine. I didn't notice that the total for the "CFB" and the total for the "CFB Extra" are both stated clearly.
    My mistake.

Also, I didn't proofread myself.

I should have stated:

"If the official record for the basic service is -4.75 units, then I am -7.40 units."
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    what day is RAS releasing sides this week, monday or tuesday?
    edited September 2014
    Another correction to my post (wrote it too fast without proofing):

"At any rate, not all are subscribing to the enhanced. So for those people the records is not -4.35 units, but -4.75 units."
  • OakmountOakmount Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    If you can't get down with the release number, then why not just wait and see which games move at the release time for free? My guess is, it's kind of like another game with in the game, just to see if it can be done. Not criticizing anyone, it's just how we're wired. If I were going to pay for picks, it would definitely be RAS, with zero consideration for anyone else. Just to be clear, I'd be mad to pay for a week like the one y'all are talking about, but I don't think RAS mailed it in either, unfortunate for both sides.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited September 2014
    Not much has changed with the CFB service. The only (minor) expansion will be after week 8 when we continue on a limited basis. We've always done FCS extra and included them in the record, and we've always done 2nd half plays, however this is the first year that they are not being posted on forum/twitter for free so it seemed reasonable to include them in the CFB Extra record. As mentioned by others the main service record is clearly separated on our archive page, but I will see if we can make it even clearer.

Our CLV is always higher early in season and is pretty typical right now through two weeks.

We obviously had a horrible week and not here to make excuses but we're something like 0-5/0-6 in toss-up type games so far.

We will be fine.
    edited September 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    When the play was released I cringed. But how do I bet it when I got the number and his track record. But god dam who ever on his 10 man team provided that lemon for us needs a demotion. Clearly didnt do their homework there

Told y'all
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Damn it-- I'm upset. I bet North Texas and they haven't scored yet. I knew I shouldn't have played it, but it was given to me so I had to. *@&;*%#* it.

What do you mean, it hasn't started yet? It's Thursday nite? Oh well--- I'll just repost then.
    edited September 2014
    Damn it-- I'm upset. I bet North Texas and they haven't scored yet. I knew I shouldn't have played it, but it was given to me so I had to. *@&;*%#* it.

What do you mean, it hasn't started yet? It's Thursday nite? Oh well--- I'll just repost then.

I was referring to the news that came out regarding SMU football this week.
    edited September 2014
    Don't be surprised if you see alot of coaching changes throughout their entire athletic coaching staff throughout all sports. Their mens golf coach (Josh Gregory) resigned in late July. He had only been there 2-3 years I think just 2. He came from Augusta State and is a former SMU player. He turned the golf team from a 50-60 ranked program into a top 10 program in just 2 years. He already had the best 2015 kid from Texas already commited. Anyway, he was cheating like crazy and other coaches turned him in. It caused an uproar throughout their entire athletics department. Every sport at SMU is being investigated for cheating. Although it's hard to fathom their football team cheating for as bad they are but who knows. It is a mess up there, a real mess. Even as good of a job as Larry brown has done, don't be suprised if he doesn't make it through the year. It's not good up there
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Larry Brown jumping ship? That would be a stunner :smile2:
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    We will be fine.

In Edward I trust! No worries from my end - looking forward to a profitable season
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey Golfer, are you looking at a push, or did you get the hook?
    edited September 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Hey Golfer, are you looking at a push, or did you get the hook?

Hook. Figures. Live bet the under early in the 3rd and that's gonna win. Got out of some of it so will make a little on the night when it ends on 58
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I got the hook too, two missed extra points, fucking incredible
    edited September 2014
    Hope the hold em and they go for it on 4th
This discussion has been closed.