Betting Talk

sharpfootballanalysis

thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Sports Betting
anyone have sharp football analysis write up on the super bowl? he posts his units on his web site, but never what juice/odds he paid? tough to know if someone is doing well based on zero juice? thanks.

The Captain

Comments

• bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    anyone have sharp football analysis write up on the super bowl? he posts his units on his web site, but never what juice/odds he paid? tough to know if someone is doing well based on zero juice? thanks.

The Captain

I don't know exactly but he had 3 unit plays on Giants and Giants Under 7 pt tease. He had three 2 unit props that all lost although in his write up he listed one as 1st half pts vs 2nd half as even it was actually 2nd -1/2 pt. He had no safety for half unit and he lost a bunch of 1 unit prop. So overall great on the big ones and killed on the props. As far as juice he had no return on 1st kick that I got at -160 and under on kick returns that he listed at 160 but I got at 200. You are right it is hard to tell. Hope this helped.
  • thecaptain12thecaptain12 Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I kept track of his units won all year as he never posts units won just games won.

week Sharp Football
    1 -1.5 Season Total 3.15
    2 0.7
    3 2.8
    4 5.45
    5 6.75
    6 -1.9
    7 0
    8 -2.25
    9 9.15
    10 3.7
    11 2.85
    12 -11.2
    13 -1.1
    14 -3
    15 2.8
    16 -3
    17 -4
    wc -2.4
    div 0.85
    champ -1.55
    sb
    edited February 2012
    I went to his page to copy and paste the plays so we could figure it out, but they are all gone now. Good thing I printed them out last night. I did the best I can with filling in blanks. If anyone can help with the question marks I'd appreciate it. As many know I am huge on record keeping, and I want to know exactly how he did this season. Thanks....Captain. Had trouble copy and pasting for some reason so sorry if its a little jumbled

Super Bowl Units W/L Odds Units w/l
    NYG +3 3 W 3
    Tease NYG 3 W 3
    More Points 2H 2 P 0
    Total KO Ret u6.5 2 L -160 -3.2
    Beckum o10.5 rec yds 2 L ?? -2.2
    Rolle o 6 Tackles 2 L ?? -2.2
    Goskowski o1.5 FG 1 L ?? -1.1
    E Manning more 2h Passyds 1 ? ? ?
    K Phillips o 5 Tackles 1 L ??? -1.1
    NO SAfety 0.5 L -1300?? -6.75
    NO Missed xp 0.5 W 0.5
    WElker o6.5 Rec 1 W 1
    Welker o 78.5 1 L ?? -1.1
    Manningham o3 rec 1 W 1
    1st ko touchback 1 L -110? -1.1
    Beckum o9.5 rec yards 1 L - 110? -1.1
    T Brady o 2.5 Rushes 1 L -110? -1.1
    1 coaches chall overturned 1 L -110? -1.1
    T Brady MVP 1.5 L ?? -1.5
    3 Straight Scores NO 1 L ??? -1.1
    1 Quarter under 10.5 1 W 1
    edited February 2012
    On my tablet so I can't get into a lot of detail now unfortunately but I do know that Phillips of was a winner as he had 4 1/2 and at the time you could get it. The beckum props were each 1 for a total of 2. The 1st kick touch back he had at 130 and the returns 160. Again the 2nd half more pts was -1/2 and minus money so there is no way he got it even.
    edited February 2012
    And I'm fairly certain Eli @nd hlf more was winner.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Just another tout that advertises a winning record when he doesn't have one. I got destroyed the year I touted, but at least I was honest about it. Shit like this drives me crazy.
    edited February 2012
    Just another tout that advertises a winning record when he doesn't have one. I got destroyed the year I touted, but at least I was honest about it. Shit like this drives me crazy.

amen to that. at least I went 6-1 and you would be able to see the same if I went 1-6 (see Tribes best bet thread)
    edited February 2012
    Have emailed sharpfootballanalysis several times and have not received a response. Just looking for an accurate record for Super Bowl. All the Super bowl plays were erased from the page (yesterday) and there is no record of them as I can find except "Congratulations to the World Champion New York Giants
    Sharp's side (NYG+3) and teaser (NYG/Under) selections in the Super Bowl."

I know this sounds like I am trying to catch a cheat, and well I am.Can someone just email him to see what he says? I am guessing he is saying he won the Super Bowl Plays with the above mentioned plays.

I guess I am infatuated with this...
    edited February 2012
    Have email sharpfootballanalysis several times and have not got a response. Just looking for an accurate record for Super Bowl. All the Super bowl plays were erased from the page and there is no record of them as I can find except "Congratulations to the World Champion New York Giants
    Sharp's side (NYG+3) and teaser (NYG/Under) selections in the Super Bowl."

I know this sounds like I am trying to catch a cheat, and well I am. Anyone have an in with him so we know how he really did on the season and Super Bowl?

First, I don't think Sharp is a cheat. All year he posted his plays on the site and Twitter and his results which he listed were consistent with those plays. I will say, however, that his lines on his plays are not always available. This was especially true with the props on the SB. On some of the props, No Safety, for example he did not even list odds. Thus, getting an accurate record would not be possible except to keep your own.

Having dealt with many touts I will say that IMO Sharp is one of the better ones. Does he likely take liberties with his marketing, of course, but I do not believe that he is out and out lying or giving out both sides etc. Sorry I can not help more with his exact record but I did not keep track.
    edited February 2012
    bkeiller wrote: »
    First, I don't think Sharp is a cheat. All year he posted his plays on the site and Twitter and his results which he listed were consistent with those plays. I will say, however, that his lines on his plays are not always available. This was especially true with the props on the SB. On some of the props, No Safety, for example he did not even list odds. Thus, getting an accurate record would not be possible except to keep your own.

Having dealt with many touts I will say that IMO Sharp is one of the better ones. Does he likely take liberties with his marketing, of course, but I do not believe that he is out and out lying or giving out both sides etc. Sorry I can not help more with his exact record but I did not keep track.

I agree with some of this. I do not think he is a total cheat. He does however not ever list how many units he is up/down even though he buys .5 points often and has some play rated 1.5, 2 or even 3 stars. I actually purchased his plays a few years back and did quite well. Then this new website started which is just about records. I emailed him a few months ago about units and he told me what each play was worth, which is how I figured his yearly units, but that does not show on the site, as he "does not have the time to do that." Just think his stuff is pretty good and want an accurate record. I have many friends who like him but have no idea that he does this, and for $500+ I want to let them know.

As for twitter I know he says he has a play, just not what it is. You have to go to his site minutes after kickoff to see.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited February 2012
    "does not have the time to do that." = he's losing
    edited February 2012
    Contrarian wrote: »
    "does not have the time to do that." = he's losing

couldn't agree more but I will say in the past he has won. He hasn't gotten back and I sent a different email from 5 different addresses some nice and some not so nice.
    edited February 2012
    couldn't agree more but I will say in the past he has won. He hasn't gotten back and I sent a different email from 5 different addresses some nice and some not so nice.

Lol, clever. During his winning times, I'm sure that he found time to keep everything updated.
    edited February 2012
    Lol, clever. During his winning times, I'm sure that he found time to keep everything updated.

I disagree with your blanket characterization of Sharp. Unless you have been a client, like I have, then you really don't know. He is in business to sell a product and as I said he, like ALL others but I believe to a far less insidious degree, takes liberties. Do you disparage the local bar owner who advertises "Coldest Beer in Town" or "World's Best Cheeseburger"? He portrays his business in the most positive way and I have no problem with that as long as he is not lying.
    edited February 2012
    I disagree with your blanket characterization of Sharp. Unless you have been a client, like I have, then you really don't know. He is in business to sell a product and as I said he, like ALL others but I believe to a far less insidious degree, takes liberties. Do you disparage the local bar owner who advertises "Coldest Beer in Town" or "World's Best Cheeseburger"? He portrays his business in the most positive way and I have no problem with that as long as he is not lying.

I too have been a client in years pass and even a few weeks early this year. That is whey I decided I can do the same or better than him. That is partially the reason I want accurate records for comparison purposes and I won that easy. I know he didn't hide any wins/losses from week 1-17 but see nothing in the playoffs except that he won he side. Thanks for your help with this situation bkeiller
    edited February 2012

It can be a fine line, bk, but I think he's definitely crossing it here. He had a bad playoffs, losing what seems to be a significant amount, so he just deleted it and pretended it never happened. Except he posted the 2 winners from the super bowl and didn't mention the many losers including the bridge jumper no safety that destroyed his clients if they followed. It would be like if RAS not only deleted everything after 12/31, but posted only the winners.

You're either fully transparent or you're not. You can't pretend to be and then not be. He's not. Deleting a bunch of losing picks and only posting the winners is out and out lying. I've paid attention to this guy for a couple of years and have always leaned to the opinion that he does things the right way and was a decent guy and capper. But I've never done or seen a breakdown like this. I was clearly wrong.

He's obviously willing to lie and cheat, and if he's done it here, then who knows when else he has.
    edited February 2012
    I'm sure that "sharp" appreciates your jingoism, bk, but your logic is seriously flawed. "as long as he's not lying, not giving out both sides, he's a-ok with me" wtf, man....you admitted that his lines tend to be non-wa, and it appears that's the least of his issues.

Do you honestly think the props would have been erased (I believe lva calls them "pushed threads" lol) had they won? I honestly had never heard of the guy before this thread, but he's obviously shady with his recordkeeping practices which is all I need to know = he loses.
    edited February 2012
    I guess I just don't see the world as black and white as you guys do. The guy had a mediocre year and a terrible SB prop record although to be fair he did hit his two big picks on the side and tease. I was not happy with the performance and Im sure he was not either. That being said I dont expect him to put in headlines on his website "Got murdered on the SB props" "Sign up here". Dont think I have ever drove by a business that has a sign out front that says "Mediocre Food".

It is a fine line. If you look at his 2011 record he did not include the playoffs at all. He did however show all his regular season W/L's and this was accurate, in fact, he showed a losing record by the computer 1-3 on his big Computer Over picks. Im not saying the guy is RAS but then again I dont think anyone in this industry is. That I guess is my point. I think 95% of the touts are out and out crooks. It is just my opinion but there is a real difference between not posting a subset that was bad and posting a winning record when in fact it was losing. I EXPECT that even legitimate touts are framing their record to make it look as good as they can and I take ALL records reported with a grain of salt.

I also follow Fezzik and I dont disparage him if he advertises as "2 time Hilton winner" rather than "Horrendous 2011". Again just my opinion but I view these guys as businessmen who are fluffing their product. There IS a difference between fluff and lying. If Sharp advertised as having a "Winning Day on SB" I would have to change my opinion. I may be wrong about him and Ill pay more attention in the future. Time will tell.
    edited February 2012
    .....I also follow Fezzik.....If Sharp advertised as having a "Winning Day on SB" I would have to change my opinion.

The fact that you admittedly follow fezzik explains a lot about how you view recordkeeping and selective "advertisement", but you don't honestly believe that when "sharp" types
    Congratulations to the World Champion New York Giants
    Sharp's side (NYG+3) and teaser (NYG/Under) selections in the Super Bowl

on his website that he isn't insinuating that he "had a winning day on SB"? C'mon man, that's as shady as it gets.
    edited February 2012
    And a big F U to the captain for ever bringing the tilt-inducing "sharp" onto my radar, lol.
    edited February 2012
    I think the ENTIRE tout business is shady or crooked! Maybe Im jaded but I believe there are only a handful that are 100% straight up. The rest are either shady AND/OR crooks. To me, there is a big difference though. And when a business says "World's Best Cheeseburger" I dont believe them either but I dont think they are crooks.
    edited February 2012
    I think the ENTIRE tout business is shady or crooked! Maybe Im jaded but I believe there are only a handful that are 100% straight up. The rest are either shady AND/OR crooks. To me, there is a big difference though. And when a business says "World's Best Cheeseburger" I dont believe them either but I dont think they are crooks.

I don't care how he advertises. I agree with you in that sense. You're certainly going to advertise to your strengths.

I care that he deleted losing picks. That's out and out lying, cheating, stealing or whatever you want to call it. It's beyond shady and makes him a scum in my book.

I'm 94-78 on posted CBB picks this this year. Let's say that all of a sudden I start advertising that I'm 94-65, hitting 59% and up 22.5 units. You don't see anything wrong with that? After all, all I did was eliminate about 14 units worth of losers from my "transparent" record, just like sharp did.
    edited February 2012
    And a big F U to the captain for ever bringing the tilt-inducing "sharp" onto my radar, lol.[/QUOTE

My apologies to you Contrarian for bringing this up. All I wanted was the odds for the props I missed. We still haven't found those yet.

If this was Covers I would give you a Shamrock to show my love, or maybe a clinking beer mug, or a Giant Thumbs Up!!!
    edited February 2012
    I don't care how he advertises. I agree with you in that sense. You're certainly going to advertise to your strengths.

I care that he deleted losing picks. That's out and out lying, cheating, stealing or whatever you want to call it. It's beyond shady and makes him a scum in my book.

I'm 94-78 on posted CBB picks this this year. Let's say that all of a sudden I start advertising that I'm 94-65, hitting 59% and up 22.5 units. You don't see anything wrong with that? After all, all I did was eliminate about 14 units worth of losers from my "transparent" record, just like sharp did.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and to feel that way but to me that is too black and white. Of course I would agree with your example as stated and not even attempt to argue that Sharp is totally transparent. I have agreed it is shady I just dont think it crosses the line. If however in your example the 13 or 14 (the math was unclear in your example) were from the playoffs or preseason and you advertised as "CBB Regular Season" on the rest then I would not have a problem with it. Again, I agree it is shady and it IS a very slippery slope but again I ASSUME all these guys are doing it and I take it for what the records are worth "not much".

I may know the business I drive by that says "Worlds Best Cheeseburger" may not be actually the best but it doesnt mean I wont eat it and enjoy it but that is different then if I get a chicken sandwich. Just my opinion.

Finally, the reason I think this board works is we do uphold standards and require complete transparency but I think that is the exception in the tout business and not the rule. I go in with eyes wide open.
    edited February 2012
    And a big F U to the captain for ever bringing the tilt-inducing "sharp" onto my radar, lol.[/QUOTE

My apologies to you Contrarian for bringing this up. All I wanted was the odds for the props I missed. We still haven't found those yet.

If this was Covers I would give you a Shamrock to show my love, or maybe a clinking beer mug, or a Giant Thumbs Up!!!

This did degenerate quickly. Captain there is no answer to your question. As stated earlier, he did not even attempt to give odds on some of the props (no safety for example) and others were off by a bit. You have to do your own record on what the WA lines were and go from there.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I have to agree with Tribe-- there's no way to sugar-coat it-- deleting losing plays= lying. My record on picks here this CBB season are abysmal---

sides 116-111 = -6.1 units
    $$ lines 2-18 = -14.2 units

So, what if I can turn it around-- and end up posting a plus unit record on my side plays. And then talk about "another winning season" --- all the while conveniently dropping any mention of my money line plays. Fair? And, on here, people can fade or follow at no cost for the picks. But, if I'm going tout, deleting losing plays not only is lying-- it is stealing money from unsuspecting people who don't know the true record.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited February 2012
    I ASSUME all these guys are doing it and I take it for what the records are worth "not much".

All the guys aren't doing it.

Some records are fully transparent.
    edited February 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »

Agree RAS and sorry about my post. Slipped my mind
    edited February 2012

This did degenerate quickly. Captain there is no answer to your question. As stated earlier, he did not even attempt to give odds on some of the props (no safety for example) and others were off by a bit. You have to do your own record on what the WA lines were and go from there.

at one point on my website I was down 15 units, and worked it back slowly to +23. Of course it sucked posting when I was getting killed but you could see every play I made when I was sucking, just like when I was winning. All my props from Sunday were on the page and here and if they lost record would reflect not that tough.
    edited February 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »

Exactly. Although I'm not endorsing or failing to endorse touts, any tout/random poster worth following will surely make time for extensive and detailed recordkeeping. It's no accident that winning players/posters/touts will keep extremely detailed records of their plays. Do you think that it's a coincidence that when somebody asks Stevie "hey how are your totals doing vs sides", etc. that he can respond within a millisecond?

I'm quite sure that transparent/detailed recordkeeping should be the number one feature to look at when determining whether to follow a certain capper or not. I have a hunch that the good ones could all insta-inform you how they are doing in any subset that you would question.

Ask ras how he's done on big west dogs, then ask "sharp" how he did on nfl road favorites and see the difference.