Fla State +4.5
  • sosoangrysosoangry Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    Ga State Over 47.5
    Michigan +7
    edited December 2019
    Clemson +5.5

Grabbing the points now as feel it will likely drift down to 4.5 and even 4. I have the wrong team favored, simple as that. Yes, LSU manhandled Oklahoma, but Ohio State is far superior than Okl and Clemson seemed to win with deceptive ease over OSU. The Clemson D will be key; they held OSU to just 23 points (OSU averaged 49 points per game this season). Also, Clemson has been there, done that in this big National Title game -- not true for LSU, their first time here. Handling the limelight and attention, it helps to have been there already and to have coaching staff that likewise has been there. Also, since this playoff Nat Title game started, the favorite is 0-5 ATS.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    sosoangry wrote: »
    Clemson +5.5

Grabbing the points now as feel it will likely drift down to 4.5 and even 4. I have the wrong team favored, simple as that. Yes, LSU manhandled Oklahoma, but Ohio State is far superior than Okl and Clemson seemed to win with deceptive ease over OSU. The Clemson D will be key; they held OSU to just 23 points (OSU averaged 49 points per game this season). Also, Clemson has been there, done that in this big National Title game -- not true for LSU, their first time here. Handling the limelight and attention, it helps to have been there already and to have coaching staff that likewise has been there. Also, since this playoff Nat Title game started, the favorite is 0-5 ATS.

The only statement that I would take issue with is: "Clemson seemed to win with deceptive ease over OSU". Clemson was basically getting manhandled until the OSU targeting call, which to me changed the entire complexion of the game. Then the roughing the punter foul and it was game on. Clemson might have deserved to win but...
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    Dobbins dropped two touchdown passes. One was an easy walk in TD. Clemson fumble returned for a TD by Ohio St somehow overturned. Clemson was fortunate to win that game.
    edited December 2019
    I picked OSU to beat Clemson so I felt OSU was the superior team. And I didn't agree with the targeting call. BUT, for that to change the tone of whole game (which it did) drops OSU a notch or two, imo. It's as if that call woke Clemson up, with them realizing they can beat this team. And they did. I can't tell you how many times Patriots are "fortunate" to win games, either by ref calls or other team f*cking up (SB win vs. Seattle comes to mind). But that's what ultimately makes winning teams. They take advantage of ALL breaks, as Clemson did. Lots of loser teams get breaks during the game, we just don't recall those breaks because those teams inevitably lose. Clemson had better yards-per-play, yards-per-carry and yards-per-pass in that game = they deserved to win. I'm not going there ala Dr. Bob with how turnovers meant this or that, as an excuse. I get it, OSU had 2 turnovers to Clemson none, but again that's often the case for Patriots, with their many "fortunate" wins.