Betting Talk

Couple people reached out to me about coming back

danshandanshan Senior Member
edited July 2018 in Sports Betting
So I feel like I should respond, I love being here and want to be a part of the community BUT
I mean I am warned about calling people names but anyone can call me any name in the book and its ok, I mean OT even named a post after me and called me 4 names 4 tiemes in the opening line and admin told him nothing.
I think its either gloves on or off but not just on me.
My posting style is maybe too much for some people but not for all, it is a small few, most people honestly like to read my posts.
and maybe I need some instruction on etiquette here, i think its important to point out guys posting picks that are going against the line and tailing them is a bad idea. I think its reasonable to question pick posters. I think it ok to challenge peoples thoughts about betting very few things are written in stone.

I honestly think an apology from OT is reasonable for his name calling and I also think as much as you put me on notice to do this or that, that message should be sent to the OT group as well. If any of this can be achieved I am glad to come back and be part of BT!
I patiently await your reply and if anybody members have feedback for me I would be glad to listen if not if you could please tell anyone to reach out to admin to get my contact info and admin dont hesitate giving my email to any member here, thank you!

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2018
    Honestly, it is too much for a lot of people, if not most people, not just some. So please, listen to the criticisms, and make some adjustments. That way admin and I won't be put in a position where we have to consider banning people. Thank you.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    ok if you can please give my email to anyone that asks for it, thank you and thanks for the learning!
  • grenadegrenade Junior Member
    edited July 2018
    I know I don't post very often but I read the forum daily. Banning a poster because he creates too many conversations or asks too many questions is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum.

Isn't that what a forum is supposed to be about?

Some of these posters wish only the same 10 people posted and you could fit the past 2 months on the front page.

I can't believe this is a conversation.

just ignore him if you don't like him.
    edited July 2018
    you dont even address OT you just address me again , you allow the gloves off for some people and gloves on for ME, you did not even address any of my concerns admin, why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly think an apology from OT is reasonable for his name calling and I also think as much as you put me on notice to do this or that, that message should be sent to the OT group as well. If any of this can be achieved I am glad to come back and be part of BT!

- - - Updated - - -
    grenade wrote: »
    I know I don't post very often but I read the forum daily. Banning a poster because he creates too many conversations or asks too many questions is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum.

Isn't that what a forum is supposed to be about?

Some of these posters wish only the same 10 people posted and you could fit the past 2 months on the front page.

I can't believe this is a conversation.

just ignore him if you don't like him.
    its a forum those 5 people only want to chat with each other honestly I dont even understand why the complainers are even on a forum its not the right environment for what they want, they are going to a nightclub and asking them to turn the music down!

- - - Updated - - -

listen tell me specifically what to do and I will agree or not and quit or not AND ask OT to apologize, I know you cant make somebody but just you asking is enough for me and also put on notice the rules apply to all! that is all I ask

- - - Updated - - -

BT is not looking to turn into a boring, purely serious, strictly moderated forum. Posters should feel free to continue posting whatever they want (within reason) as long as they adhere to any applicable guidelines. The new direction merely seeks to increase the amount of serious discussion, decrease the disruptive and potentially harmful content, and give BT a sharper slant. These changes will hopefully help all posters, both serious and recreational, be more successful in their wagering.

tell me where I go wrong here and I will glady say whether I can or cannot comply but believe me I want to
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    grenade wrote: »
    I know I don't post very often but I read the forum daily.

Maybe that's your problem here. Try interacting with this guy. Kinda reminds me of Ray Babbitt.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    If you are going to post here, you will have to:

-- stay out of pick threads
    --not ask people questions
    --stick to only your own threads

That is the only way to hang out with the cool kids.

I asked for your email and will be in touch if I get it.
    edited July 2018
    R40 wrote: »

Sounds like you are trying to get into danshan's deep pockets.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Sounds like you are trying to get into danshan's deep pockets.

I've got big plans for danshan!
    edited July 2018

LOL well I got big plans too!

- - - Updated - - -

so basically dont use the forum, LMAO, yeah that sounds like what can we call it a soft ban, LMAO, is this forum based in the old USSR?
    edited July 2018

All outta the kindness of your heart($$).
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    LOL well I got big plans too!

- - - Updated - - -

so basically dont use the forum, LMAO, yeah that sounds like what can we call it a soft ban, LMAO, is this forum based in the old USSR?

As I have said, there is a certain expectation for posting here and you go against that expectation entirely.

People do not like people posting in pick threads. That is a big no-no.

People think you post too much and that you ought to know certain things before you post here. They will not interact with you if they do not believe you have gotten yourself to a certain point. At least not the people that you want to interact with.

So if you stick to your own threads, you will stay out of trouble. If people come into your thread, they will be willing to discuss things with you.

Like I said, you should spend most of your time in the Think Tank. People love your pick threads because pick threads are popular anywhere.

So yeah, this place is not a welcoming place. It is not exactly the USSR, More like the Masons. You have to be an accepted member.

- - - Updated - - -
    Ronbets wrote: »
    All outta the kindness of your heart($$).

Yes, of course.
    edited July 2018
    calling me a jackoff and moron and calling my picks stupid is acceptable though? I dont get it, please explain that?
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't think there has been that much of that lately. People thought you were a clueless idiot and were annoyed that you were here. They have come to grudging respect for you at this point especially with your WNBA thread. That shows you are basically on par with virtually anyone here.

So as I have also said before, most people here are not on your level. So they cannot answer your questions. The very few that are don't really want to discuss the things you are interested in partially because they are bored and partially because they think you ought to know it.

If on the rare occasion a subject gets brought up that is up for discussion, I think they would respect your point of view and address anything you put forward.

You are also very sensitive for the forums. And especially sensitive to be posting at SBR. But you can get most of your answers there because there are people that can address the stuff you are interested in and even willing to argue about it. You will not find that here.

People here want you to post picks and monitor the progress of your models and not post much else.
    edited July 2018
    r40 he literally just called me that in the first sentence of the kick me out post LOL
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, like I said you are very sensitive. People are fed up with you. Normally that is not tolerated and Goats would shut them down. But you have been pushing it.

This place is also not quite what you think it is. There used to be a lot of professionals here. Since Edward has gone private, not much of RAS is discussed here and a lot of posters such as Dr. H, Buffet Gambler and Stevie Y stopped posting as much. durito got boredand doesn't post anymore. Now and then Groovin would call out RAS and there would be a bit of a battle.

Now it is mostly just people that check the site and post a thing or two. But since not much is up for discussion, it is pretty much dead.

You can't really get what you are looking for here anymore because it is not what it used to be for a variety of reasons.
    edited July 2018
    yeah in reality, I think the truth is
    this is a fancy restuarant and I am acting like its mcdonalds playground but still there is no reason for admin not to address the rudeness and name calling on EVERYONE not just me!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Well they have never really had someone like you before. On one hand, you are the only thing going here so they are on your side, but on the other, they pretty much agree with the people knocking you. So that is basically what Edward said. He'd like you to keep posting but he wants you to change the way you post.

If you follow my guidelines, you will not have any problems. But then, you probably will not want to post anymore. So you just have to figure out what you want. Either mostly post picks and start threads with questions that you may or may not get answers to. Or move along and do something else.

You have brought a little bit too much SBR to the place.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    this is a fancy restuarant and I am acting like its mcdonalds playground but still there is no reason for admin not to address the rudeness and name calling on EVERYONE not just me!

dont go crazy with that comment , your giving a handful of people too much credit
    edited July 2018
    LOL, i just meant its a different atmosphere than me, I am more a hot dog general admission guy not the private entrance VIP guy!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    LOL, i just meant its a different atmosphere than me, I am more a hot dog general admission guy not the private entrance VIP guy!

Yes. That is your real problem. You refuse to accept the unwritten rules here. I am more along your way of thinking which is why I interact with you.

But I understand what people are looking for with BT and what the site still wants it to be. People come here because it is not the idiocy of the other forums. But when all you have is serious gambling discussion, not much gets discussed because gamblers aren't that interested in gambling.
  • baseballbaseball Senior Member
    edited July 2018

I think if you edit out the noise, danshan is just fine as a poster here. He has contributed picks that are meaningful to some, and has facilitated interesting conversation at times. The downside is that you must weed through a lot of garbage, his incessant request for apologies and his re-hashing of name-calling incidents that he thinks must be settled. They don't. Just move on.

The majority of skilled bettors who lurk here have little interest in revealing their secrets or methods. But occasionally, depending on topic, it happens. If you engage one of them, or ask a question and receive no response, move on. Their silence will tell you they're not interested. But sometimes you'll get a response, and in a perfect world, you'll have something to contribute in return.

In my view, danshan treats this place like a search engine. He punches in question after question and expects everyone to give him an exhaustive, step-by-step, detailed answer; then gets combative or argumentative when he doesn't get one or if the answer isn't sufficient. I've observed this first hand in my thread, where I've simply tried to post plays and track results, and have stated as such. I'm not interested in conversation as much. To each their own.

All that said, danshan seems fine if he dials it back a bit, and I would support keeping him around. I think he would benefit from reading more, and asking fewer but more substantive questions, where he demonstrates that he has exhaustively tried to find the answer(s) he is seeking before asking and asking and asking in thread after thread after thread. There are sports betting books, there are old threads here and elsewhere (SBR think tank, 2 plus 2, heck even Groovin's twitter timeline is a fountain of info). Odds are, any question he can think of has been asked before, and the answer is out there. If the answer you found is incomplete and you're looking for more, then reference it in your question, show others that you've tried, and perhaps someone here will be more willing to help.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    baseball wrote: »
    I think if you edit out the noise, danshan is just fine as a poster here. He has contributed picks that are meaningful to some, and has facilitated interesting conversation at times. The downside is that you must weed through a lot of garbage, his incessant request for apologies and his re-hashing of name-calling incidents that he thinks must be settled. They don't. Just move on.

The majority of skilled bettors who lurk here have little interest in revealing their secrets or methods. But occasionally, depending on topic, it happens. If you engage one of them, or ask a question and receive no response, move on. Their silence will tell you they're not interested. But sometimes you'll get a response, and in a perfect world, you'll have something to contribute in return.

In my view, danshan treats this place like a search engine. He punches in question after question and expects everyone to give him an exhaustive, step-by-step, detailed answer; then gets combative or argumentative when he doesn't get one or if the answer isn't sufficient. I've observed this first hand in my thread, where I've simply tried to post plays and track results, and have stated as such. I'm not interested in conversation as much. To each their own.

All that said, danshan seems fine if he dials it back a bit, and I would support keeping him around. I think he would benefit from reading more, and asking fewer but more substantive questions, where he demonstrates that he has exhaustively tried to find the answer(s) he is seeking before asking and asking and asking in thread after thread after thread. There are sports betting books, there are old threads here and elsewhere (SBR think tank, 2 plus 2, heck even Groovin's twitter timeline is a fountain of info). Odds are, any question he can think of has been asked before, and the answer is out there. If the answer you found is incomplete and you're looking for more, then reference it in your question, show others that you've tried, and perhaps someone here will be more willing to help.

That pretty much sums it up. There have been times when people have provided with what they thought was enough info and you kept pursuing it and then they basically said F off. That is how it works. That is all they are going to give you. They expect you to do the rest. That is pretty much where you always run into problems.

You are probably the only forum poster in history to start off completely clueless with such a high level ability to program. That is why people think you are a troll.
    edited July 2018
    I am not a good fit here and will only post randomly at best, I cant believe people get mad chatting about sports betting, I mean really and i still firmly say rules need to be enforced on all not just me. rules dont change for behavior just cause i post too much.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    You are too much of an eager beaver. Most people learned everything entirely on their own. They got some help along the way and will give back to a certain extent. But they think you should do it yourself. You also argue extensively over things that are considered to be established such as your endless struggle with CLV and its value. That is just not something that is up for debate. People are not going to debate you on it. They are going to tell you to go read some more.

This is definitely no place for an eager beaver.
    edited July 2018
    true story, I have no intention of selling my picks and the people here I could have 5000 picks and 8% clv and they will say I suck cause they cant tell the truth, they are too "upset" because I post and talk too much. I have been kind of dealing with why am I here for awhile, honestly I do enjoy the few friends I made!

- - - Updated - - -

@baseball thanks for the post but I wonder if I am to do exhaustive searches before asking here, what is the forum for? I guess I am really still clueless about that. I want to fit in not force in but I am not a puppet and I naturally rub people wrong. I am definitely not a yes man.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    No. That is why you have 15,000 views on your WNBA thread in two months. At this point, the only problem you have is in the posting etiquette department. You are looking for too much validation. A gambler posts his picks and just lets it burn a hole. And then everybody hates you.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    This is how it works danshan. You post WNBA picks and win and say: "See there!"

Then they say: "Oh sure, anybody can beat WNBA lines." Lets see you beat NBA.

And then you bet NBA. And they say: "Oh sure, anybody can beat WNBA and NBA betting overnights."

And then you bet NBA lines after the limits go up and then they say. Anybody can have one winning season.

And then you post multiple winnings seasons and get a huge following. And then you ask yourself, why am I giving this all away when I make huge money selling picks instead of giving them away to a forum?

And then they say you were looking to a be tout the whole time.
    edited July 2018
    LOL, that is about how it works I bet, I keep watching poor DRh get tortured on twitter those guys are abusing him about his service on twitter, LOL. I dont want to be in that boat!

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly am glad that everyone wants me to lose, it is fuel for me to work harder!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Just don't look to get any credit for it. If you are as successful as you plan, you'll have lots of people follow you and look forward to your picks and many say they think you are sharp. But it will never be the people that you are looking to say it. You've just got to do it to satisfy yourself or just because you want to help people win which is rarely the reason anyone posts picks.
    edited July 2018
    I dont really want to give away picks, I just like the conversations, it can be fun and I like to teach old dogs new tricks, they think the tricks are gone with the invention of electricity but in reality the tricks are just starting!