Betting Talk

Poster Danshan

1234568»

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Ratings, hidden injuries, likely regression, likely progression, lineups, etc.

Once I was at a Greek gyro stand in NYC. I asked the owner what's in the secret sauce. His reply to me was NOYFBiz.

you think the line you got on a game is a secret sauce? I just dont see how that can be. I right now would bet as many times as I could on the under of the Sky game from the WNBA because its at 174 and I got 167.5. I dont see how me sharing that will change anything in anyway except maybe making me look like a dumbass when it closes at 175 but that is why I am here!

- - - Updated - - -
    Much to Edward's denial, it's his marketing tool.
    I took the bait, I bought their WNBA picks more for learning but I bought them. I mean what is its use for the users, I know why they have the forum on the admin side
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    if people played my bets and got better or worse lines, they would either be very happy or very sad but they definitely would not have the same results. I am very confused I guess of what this forum is for, what is it for?

It is for talking about gambling. But again, this is a place considered well above SBR. The problem then is that everyone here already knows about gambling so they are not very interested in the subject. They have already learned what they can learn. So not much goes up for discussion. As a result, not many read the site and not many post. Gambling is not a particularly popular subject on any gambling forum actually. Much more is devoted to Trump.

So if you are making a pick thread, you are generally considered a dope or a sharp. The dopes try to pick games and prove they can win here and prove something to themselves or show themselves to be something. That is you.

The sharps are very few and far between. So it is assumed that the line is good therefore you need no discussion. That is for touts and if you are sharp, you don't give anything away.

So if a person is posting picks, they don't want you piping up and junking up the thread. Stick to your own thread or start a discussion.

The problem you have is that you are interested in a lot but most people are annoyed that you are even bringing up the subjects. They want something higher level but no one has much of that to offer.
    edited July 2018
    I actually learned a ton here and I learned a ton more by reading books tons of books
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I actually learned a ton here and I learned a ton more by reading books tons of books

Yes, you can learn a lot. Stuff gets discussed but it is far and few between. Until you arrived and brought stuff up, it was pretty much dead.

Edward has designed the site to basically be for sophisticated gamblers. So there are not a lot of people that will post here even though they read stuff. But they like picks threads so your threads are highly read but the people that are interested know less than you or are fellow modelers comparing notes. That is just not many people. The others that are very serious or professional bettors generally only talk to one another.
    edited July 2018
    I really enjoy it, I cant believe more people dont try and learn or share, the betting game is so wide open and crazy with different approaches and types you think people would go crazy discussing it. Very strange, anyway anyone any time FEEL FREE to hit me up and I will gladly discuss anything I know or am trying to learn with you.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    e FEEL FREE to hit me up u.

Open invitation: If you're ever in Vegas, we'll get together and party.
    edited July 2018
    Go Nats!, I love it if they could just get a losing streak going, like 5-10 in a row please!
    edited July 2018
    oh my gosh the Marlins are horrible, shame on them, Jeter should come PH
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    You have nothing to share. Your model is not even legit. Some people might be frauds and say they have a model and have these as their picks when there is no model and someone is just basing picks on guessing.

You on the other hand are just beyond delusional thinking you have some type of model. Its probably just a bunch of stats that are widely available and then you do some weird stuff with it and then have these lines such as i have this line for this etc.

I bet you show your model to anyone that is legit, they would laugh and say this guy is just making chicken scratch up and putting wrong data in his so called model.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Danshan, where are your newly acquired admirers to combat donny2's verbal assault?
    edited July 2018
    Danshan, where are your newly acquired admirers to combat donny2's verbal assault?

what newly aquired admirers? Nobody here likes me. Donny is right I am just guessing and have no clue! I have never denied that, I even say it myself. You are right Donny I am clueless, everyone can take a big sigh of relief knowing I know nothing.
    edited July 2018
    what newly aquired admirers? Nobody here likes me.

Didn't you help poster Rook avoid Chapter 7 with all those Beaver Ball winners?
    edited July 2018
    I dont think BK was on his horizon. My goal is to learn how to win and share that with the people here. I am not one of the people that has a secret and just calls people stupid who dont have it. I am not scared of the competition. I welcome the competition. I am not scared of the internet brother it did not ruin my 45 years of success of fucking the little guy cause he dont know. I am new and competiong against the people that have the knowledge and not crying tiny margins now compared to 20 years ago like some people. Cant handle the competition does not scare me. I want the competition, I am not crying margins. LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

we all age and some of the people here need to age gracefully dont cry and bitch and moan just pass the torch and go to sleep quietly. Oh now everyone knows the power rankings wah wah wah. I hate new people, same shit happened to poker. the dumb old vegas people dont win the WSOP no more now its the smart people and people are mad, LOL
    edited July 2018
    With that bravado attitude, you must be sitting on a big pile($). Careful though, in this racket no pile is high enough.
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Didn't you help poster Rook avoid Chapter 7 with all those Beaver Ball winners?

I don’t think danshan needs to be defended from donny2. If danshan’s wife cares half as much about danshan as donny2 seems to, danshan must be quite a happy fellow...
    edited July 2018
    <style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 48px"><col width="113"><col width="55"><col width="43"><col width="65"><col width="65"><col width="68"><col width="60"><col width="75"><col width="61"><col width="70"><col width="65"><col width="71"></colgroup><tbody>
    7/8
    Giants

L

U7.5

5.20%

7/8
    Dodgers

L

1.58%

7/9
    Dodgers

L

U8

-1.72%

7/9
    Giants

L

O7.5

0.66%

7/9
    Mets

W

3.36%

7/9
    Marlins

W

1.49%

7/10
    Orioles

L

U9.5

-4.07%

7/10
    Padres

W

U8

3.23%

7/10
    Cubs

W

7.07%

7/11
    Giants

L

U8

2.48%

7/11
    Cardinals

L

3.03%

7/11
    Padres

U7.5

-1.43%

</tbody>

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 43px"><col width="42"><col width="83"><col width="58"><col width="58"><col width="70"><col width="140"><col width="50"><col width="53"><col width="81"><col width="51"><col width="47"><col width="53"><col width="85"></colgroup><tbody>
    7/3

Storm

$275.00
    W

2.77%

7/3

Lynx

$275.00
    L

-2.15%

7/5

Sun

$262.50
    L

0.12%

7/5

Sky

$275.00
    W

-6.20%

7/6

Storm

$275.00
    W

7.26%

7/6

Dream

$275.00
    W

12.15%

7/7

Sun
    A Thomas ??
    $275.00
    W

4.08%

7/7

Aces
    NI
    $275.00
    W

-4.83%

7/8

Dream
    Sykes -1
    $275.00
    W

-1.91%

7/8

Wings
    NI
    $275.00
    W

9.59%

7/8

Mystics
    NI
    $275.00
    W

12.15%

7/10

Sparks

$262.50
    W

-2.39%

</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

is that luck Donny2 or Ronbets?

- - - Updated - - -

conversation over! thank you! Ask your big buddies about that, you see anyone else creating that line value, the answer is simply NO

- - - Updated - - -

RAS or some big syndicate might bet getting that kind of value BECAUSE they move the market, I do it all alone. I am the real deal!
    edited July 2018
    Please Danshan, don't try to impress me. My entry into this thread was to bring out your allies.
    edited July 2018
    keep believing in these guys that dont share shit and just talk shit and you will get nothing, trust me. They only feed you a few picks to make you stick around but in reality they are the guys just waiting on your mistakes so they can make a few bucks!

- - - Updated - - -
    Please Danshan, don't try to impress me. My entry into this thread was to bring out your allies.

my goal is not to impress anyone its to shed light on the truth. The truth is what is hidden over and over and I want everyone to see the truth.

- - - Updated - - -
    what allies, I wish I had one but they are so scared they will be blocked or ridiculed for asking a simple question, they dont even post!

- - - Updated - - -

this is a forum nobody should be afraid to ask a question, ask me anything I will answer or try to help and I wont call you stupid or say some rude shit, I honestly will try and help you IF I can. I want people to learn. I am not trying to hide any secrets from anyone, I welcome the competition!

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck to all and I honestly hope one day we can all have a conversation without some rude jerk coming here and saying "you idiots". I want to discuss anything all ideas anything, fire away fellas, you dont have to be scared of asking, dont worry all is OK, any ?s accepted! If I cant answer I will bother the rest of the gambling world until they spit an answer out! I mean shit that is what I have done since I got here!
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2018

ronnie appreciate a good attempt to spice up the place, but were the silent majority my friend :laughing:

i did (completely separately from rook) notice that donny2 has a really bizarre obsession with danshan.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks danshan. I just had some time recently so I put a WNBA model together. I’ve been away and really focused on crypto but thought I could maybe make some money here. GL. Looks like you’re doing some good work here.
    edited July 2018
    thanks wish you the best you ever want to compare lines or what you got, I am always open to it. I actually was just working on my WNBA power rankings cause I am using some weird system I dont really trust and I am going to try to adjust it so it is more line driven. anyway thanks again and hope we can chat on the WNBA, BEST OF LUCK
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Noticed danshan got banned. What was the primary reason for this?
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    donny2 wrote: »
    Noticed danshan got banned. What was the primary reason for this?

Mostly for making people mad posting in pick threads.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2018
    Some combination of violating posting rules 1 and 2.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    I actually was just working on my WNBA power rankings cause I am using some weird system I dont really trust