Betting Talk

Buying Points- College Basketball

John1689John1689 Junior Member
edited November 2017 in Sports Betting
I'm wondering how much each number is worth in college basketball. I have a local who allows me to buy 3 points at -170.

I'm basically wondering if playing a team that is +4 (-110) to +7 (-170) is a higher EV play.

I would basically be looking at blindly playing lower total games where Pinnacle/Cris have a -115 on a game and the local only has -110. Or if there's a .5 difference on a spread.

I.E
Pinnacle +4.5-114
Local +5 -110...Playing +8 -170

From there I'd be getting 3.5 points better than Pinnacle's closing line for roughly 50-55 cents more.

Comments

• ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited November 2017
    If this is solely what you are trying to accomplish, I would suggest playing these as close to tip as you can. Should be able to get a better read and a stronger market on those numbers. I currently have a local with small limits that allows a 2 point buy at -130. Ill find a line with a .5 difference between Pinny/CRIS close to tip. For example if this game started soon: Evansville (+4.5) @ CRIS and New Mexico (-4). Ill go to my locals site and see which number he has (Evansville +4.5) and buy 2 points on that line at -130. Sitting at 2 points of CRIS and 2.5 off Pinny. I can't share how 3 points at -170 pays off long term but this is the strategy that use and its worked out so far this year albeit pretty small limits.
  • John1689John1689 Junior Member
    edited November 2017
    ericvanden wrote: »
    If this is solely what you are trying to accomplish, I would suggest playing these as close to tip as you can. Should be able to get a better read and a stronger market on those numbers. I currently have a local with small limits that allows a 2 point buy at -130. Ill find a line with a .5 difference between Pinny/CRIS close to tip. For example if this game started soon: Evansville (+4.5) @ CRIS and New Mexico (-4). Ill go to my locals site and see which number he has (Evansville +4.5) and buy 2 points on that line at -130. Sitting at 2 points of CRIS and 2.5 off Pinny. I can't share how 3 points at -170 pays off long term but this is the strategy that use and its worked out so far this year albeit pretty small limits.

Thanks for the info. Are you only doing this for certain point spreads?
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited November 2017
    I generally try and stay away from anything -2.5 or less.