Betting Talk

Fantasy Football Trade Thread

TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
edited October 2017 in Sports Betting
Figure I'd get a thread going for anyone to ask for/receive trade thoughts...

10 team league, not ppr, scoring skewed towards long Tds with bonuses for 100 yards rushing/receiving. Start 2RB, 2WR, and a flex (rb/we/TE, but it will always be a rb or WR I'll hope).

Current RBs are elliott, gurley, cj Anderson, Peterson, Coleman, and Stewart. Wrs are cooper, Thomas (den), Crabtree, diggs, and Snead.

Trade offer is Melvin Gordon, Kareem hunt, and Marlin Mack (a throw in) for zeke, Peterson, and Crabtree. Makes me really thin at WR, but a backfield of Gordon, gurley, and hunt seems hard to pass up (especially since I can work the waiver wire for WR depth).

Thoughts?

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    The reason to OK the trade imo would be to have 4 bell-cow RB's instead of 3. Are you allowed to hold 7 RB's? Or will you drop Mack immediately?

There should be a long list of WR's still available:
    Cooper Kupp, Kendall Wright, Marvin Jones, Taylor Gabriel, Seth Roberts, Corey Coleman, Jeremy Kerley.....these names are all still available in my league for instance.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2017
    I actually proposed a counter that he accepted and we finalized it. Replaced Mack with desean Jackson. Tds are worth 6 below 10 yards, 9 from 10-39, 12 from 40-69, and 15 from 70+, so desean can be a boom or bust play depending on how things go. We have no roster limits by position, only catch is a max of one pickup/week and none until next week. But Marvin jones is available and my top rated FA right now, depending on how things shake out this week.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    You robbed him.
  • tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    FWIW I'd be happy with that trade. It's to early to tell, but on paper it looks good
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    Late reply, but fwiw.. I took Zeke and I was pretty high on him. best value to me. I'm in a 10 team league as well, so not too worried about a few W or Ls out the gate I have 6/10 shot at the post season!! love the idea of inserting my RB1 possibly a top3 guy into the lineup late in the year, fresh!... when all the other RBs are getting nicked up and carted off. It's a war of attrition in my opinion, Zeke has the best shot to be my guy at the end when it matters most
    edited September 2017
    :clapup:
    edited October 2017
    10 team league, no PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE)

My roster...

Mariotta
    Bell, Gurley, Anderson, Allen, Jones
    Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Fuller, Funchess, Sanders
    Ertz, Henry
    Gostkowski
    MIN, CAR

Would you trade Ertz and Fuller for Brady and Olsen?

Lost Rodgers last week, and just scooped up Mariota so at least I have something. Am I better off rolling with Mariota and the rest of my squad, or making the move for Brady while giving up my top TE (and having Henry and Olsen, when he's healthy) and giving up Fuller (basically a secondary WR for me that I'll use on byes and occasional flex, but not that much different from Funchess/Sanders in my mind)?

I'm leading towards making the trade, but wanted some thoughts on if I'm upgrading my team, or just shifting around points from the TE position to the QB spot.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  • megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, definitely...can use Henry in the meantime or stream a TE. Olsen is just icing on the cake later on.
    edited October 2017
    Also, I feel like you barely need Fuller and when would ever REALLY use him.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Yes, you should trade Ertz. No one who lives in Cherry Hill, went to PSU, and yet somehow is a Redskins fan deserves to have an Eagle helping them.

Joking aside, although I'm retired from fantasy, I do agree with the above logic and would make the trade.
    edited October 2017
    I'm an NYG fan in Philly too....almost as bad. I'm pretty hardcore into FF and DFS though!
    edited October 2017
    I'm an NYG fan in Philly too....almost as bad.

Just as bad. Only thing worse would be if you guys were Cowboys fans. This must be a fun season for you fan-wise. ;) Good thing you have FF/DFS.

Hopefully this is all taken in good fun. I just haven't had a team I root for do well in quite a while so I'm obviously thrilled with the Eagles' start. I don't even think they're necessarily great TBH, but as I've mentioned to many people over the past weeks, no one actually looks especially good in the whole league and the Eagles are getting it done one way or another (while facing a few key injuries along the way). If they can get the whole team healthy I'll be far more confident.
    edited October 2017
    Just wish the skins were healthy heading into Monday night, as falling this far behind while also losing out on the tiebreaker would be a tough hill to climb. Don't like the matchup without Allen, Norman, and Breeland.
    edited October 2017
    Haha, I'm totally used to it! ...and I have to go to an NFL themed work conference for work in Dallas next week! Can't wait to wear my ELI stuff, haha.
    edited October 2017
    TommyL wrote: »
    Just wish the skins were healthy heading into Monday night, as falling this far behind while also losing out on the tiebreaker would be a tough hill to climb. Don't like the matchup without Allen, Norman, and Breeland.

Yep. I actually think the Skins are pretty tough and I'm glad the Eagles got them in week one because they seemed to start playing better after that (almost losing to SF at home last week notwithstanding). Can't see them catching Philly with a loss Monday night but wild card is certainly possible.
  • zibdibblezibdibble Junior Member
    edited October 2017
    Trade in my ppr league and wanted thoughts on it. Amendola for David Johnson. Guy moving Johnson is pretty hard pressed for points right now so I don't think it's too bad.
    edited October 2017
    zibdibble wrote: »
    Trade in my ppr league and wanted thoughts on it. Amendola for David Johnson. Guy moving Johnson is pretty hard pressed for points right now so I don't think it's too bad.

Assuming that Amendola is more of a "depth guy" for you than a starter, I'd definitely make that move.
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, agree....so worth the risk come FF PO time.
  • zibdibblezibdibble Junior Member
    edited October 2017
    TommyL wrote: »
    Assuming that Amendola is more of a "depth guy" for you than a starter, I'd definitely make that move.

That was the case. He came off the waiver wire and those were my thoughts too. Thx
    edited October 2017
    OK, new trade in a different league (actually, the league mentioned in the first post)...

10 team, non-PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE)
    TD heavy scoring with 1 pt/10 rushing&receiving, 1 pt/20 passing, and TDs are 6, 9 over 10 yards, 12 over 40 yards, and 15 over 70 yards. 5 point bonus for 100 rushing/receiving and 300 passing

Current squad:
    Wilson/SEA
    K Hunt/KC, Gurley/LAR, Gordon/LAC, Jones/GB, Anderson/DEN, Coleman/ATL, Peterson/ARZ, Stewart/CAR
    Thomas/DEN, Cooper/OAK, Diggs/MIN, Jackson/TB
    Brate/TB, Olsen/CAR
    Gostkowski/NE
    Kansas City D/ST

Trade Proposal: Gordon, A Jones, Cooper, and Diggs for Watson/QB/HOU, Hill/RB/CIN (a throw in), Agholor/WR/PHI (quasi throw-in), and Brown/WR/PIT

From a lineup standpoint for me, it's adding in depth at QB to play the matchups with Watson and Wilson, and a #1WR in Brown, while giving up my 3rd RB (who is starting every week for me as a flex), my 4th/5th RB in Jones (though I'm really deep at RB), and my 2nd and 3rd WRs. Am I giving up too much to get Brown, or do you think this deal makes sense. I'm tempted just because it gives me depth again at QB after losing Rodgers, and it would be great to roll with Gurley, Hunt, and Brown every week scoring points.

Thoughts? Worth it to give up depth for Brown and a better QB situation?
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited October 2017
    Sure I would give up the depth, aggressive moves win championships! AB too good to pass up for me, especially with bonus scoring. He has the most fantasy points scored at WR this year by far. Hunt and Gurley are the top two point scorers at RB so far. Watson and Wilson are 5th and 6th at QB. Brate is at 4th for TE. So AB would give you a stud top five point scorer at almost every roster spot. I would not want to face this squad in the playoffs. You probably wouldn't want to start both DT and CJ (broncos) so the flex spot may be a challenge but I would just stream. Good luck.
    edited October 2017
    I say go for it (even if you are getting an Eagle).

I'm with ACE as far as philosophy. Get the studs, risk the depth.