Betting Talk

NOTE to danshan

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited July 2017 in Sports Betting
I believe part of your frustration is that BT is a bit more serious compared to other forums when it comes to actual betting discussion. While we certainly have recreational bettors (although they post more frequently during football/hoop), we also have a bunch of serious posters, some of whom are pro bettors. So when a new poster pops up posting repeatedly about a topic that is seen by those serious bettors as something that is clearly not profitable based on experiences, math, and knowledge, they tend to be a bit hard on him (not saying it's right, just trying to give you an explanation here.)

If you're truly interested in learning and becoming successful, I'd suggest you post your plays, keep a record, and to post a lot less, especially in other people's threads. Jumping into people's threads to add random stats every time they post a play isn't very helpful and just clutters their thread. Instead, if you want to comment on others' picks (which is welcome), just try to keep it short.

In the end, my guess is that BT is not the right forum for you but you're welcome to stay unless you do something that warrants being banned. Everyone doesn't have to like you or agree with your ideas but when you start to annoy the forum as a whole it becomes disruptive.

Lastly, try to relax and not get so defensive when posters tell you why you're wrong or take minor shots at you. Post less commentary for now, start posting your play, and go from there.

Just trying to help. Feel free to take or ignore my advice. GL.

Comments

• BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Goats wrote: »
    I believe part of your frustration is that BT is a bit more serious compared to other forums when it comes to actual betting discussion. While we certainly have recreational bettors (although they post more frequently during football/hoop), we also have a bunch of serious posters, some of whom are pro bettors. So when a new poster pops up posting repeatedly about a topic that is seen by those serious bettors as something that is clearly not profitable based on experiences, math, and knowledge, they tend to be a bit hard on him (not saying it's right, just trying to give you an explanation here.)

If you're truly interested in learning and becoming successful, I'd suggest you post your plays, keep a record, and to post a lot less, especially in other people's threads. Jumping into people's threads to add random stats every time they post a play isn't very helpful and just clutters their thread. Instead, if you want to comment on others' picks (which is welcome), just try to keep it short.

In the end, my guess is that BT is not the right forum for you but you're welcome to stay unless you do something that warrants being banned. Everyone doesn't have to like you or agree with your ideas but when you start to annoy the forum as a whole it becomes disruptive.

Lastly, try to relax and not get so defensive when posters tell you why you're wrong or take minor shots at you. Post less commentary for now, start posting your play, and go from there.

Just trying to help. Feel free to take or ignore my advice. GL.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think he's a Rip007 ghost.

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=513717
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    you could have probably just scolded me privately but hey whatever that works. I post a lot because i work online and I am very excited to learn and get going. FYI no one has told me once with a real explanation why anything i said wont work. also as you know no need to mention me jumping on someones thread, I apologized for that in the thread and stopped. I dont take offense to anything and am here to learn. and in my experience most good teachers or coaches have not been the nicest people. I got thick skin! I will post up my plays and I wish someone here could really tell me whats wrong with my plays instead of all these vague "no's". I am an American we talk give our opinion and that is what a forum is! if replying, carrying on and questioning other posters is against your rules kick me out now!
    edited July 2017
    also still waiting for someone to tell me why my play is wrong, up to this point no one has with explanation, I would love to read that, it would probably really shut me up
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    danshan wrote: »
    also still waiting for someone to tell me why my play is wrong, up to this point no one has with explanation, I would love to read that, it would probably really shut me up

Up to this point...... 3 people (off the top of my head), namely durito, GoBucks and Dr.H, have told you what's the problem with your angle. Seems you don't understand what (specifically) durito explained.

Any time you have an investment yielding 6% you should be happy. Now please just post your plays.
    edited July 2017
    quick question
    what do I learn from posting my plays or how does that help any member?
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    quick question
    what do I learn from posting my plays or how does that help any member?

Posting your plays can either validate or repudiate your approach to Sports Gambling, or it may do neither
    edited July 2017
    cant looking at my bankroll do that? what is the benefit of doing it here?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2017
    cant looking at my bankroll do that? what is the benefit of doing it here?

Helping others, gaining respect, keeping yourself honest...

Of course you can do everything in private... but then you shouldn't be discussing it on a public forum.
    edited July 2017
    so why do it here is my question, what is the benefit to me or the community of me posting my plays here?
    edited July 2017
    so why do it here is my question, what is the benefit to me or the community of me posting my plays here?

To you... you could receive valuable feedback and you've already said you want to learn.

To the community... if you prove yourself to be a winner, others may choose to follow your plays, which would help them win.
    edited July 2017
    OK thanks Goat, I am excited to see how it goes. I just wish someone would answer my simple question is a 1000 game rated 5.9% ROI something special or garbage ?
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    OK thanks Goat, I am excited to see how it goes. I just wish someone would answer my simple question is a 1000 game rated 5.9% ROI something special or garbage ?

That depends on whether there is an actual REASON for the 5.9% or that just happened to be how variance has smiled for 1000 games.
    edited July 2017
    you think it could just be variance with 13 years of history and 1000 games?
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Your general tenor seems to be more argumentative and contrary to what people say in response to your posts, than you seem to be searching for knowledge. Not knowing you personally, you seem to like to read your own posts and show how insightful you are to others on the board as opposed to actually trying to gain some knowledge from the community here.
    edited July 2017
    that might be true, how much for the psych eval? but do you have any comments on the strategy or the sdqls?
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Dissing well respected posters makes sense...geez.

Please move on.
    edited July 2017
    what are these your grandmothers postings? what do you mean diss? I laughed at his useless comment and said what about sports? basically the same thing i have said to the last 100 posters. everyone talks about everything except sports betting? I dont get it
    edited July 2017
    and namathfan I am glad I brought you out of the weeds you have not made a post in years other than thank you. good to hear from you, now I hope you can make some betting comments and lets chat, discuss, and learn or teach!
    edited July 2017
    danshan, this clearly isn't the right forum for you. Since you haven't really changed your M.O. despite my suggestions, please understand that at some point (possibly soon) you may be asked to move on.

If you truly mean well and believe you are contributing/seeking knowledge, I wish you the best, but your posts continue to be disruptive.

Yes, you are catching a lot of flack... but the flack is coming from longtime respected posters who know what they're talking about and your go-to response is to ignore them or repeatedly ask to be proven wrong.

Once again, please consider just posting plays for a bit and dropping the excessive posts.
    edited July 2017
    can you please quote one of my posts where I am being disruptive so I know what to stop doing. I am truly here to learn and I have asked questions over and over with no answer. Please refer me to one or two of my posts where I am being disruptive
    edited July 2017
    can you please quote one of my posts where I am being disruptive so I know what to stop doing. I am truly here to learn and I have asked questions over and over with no answer. Please refer me to one or two of my posts where I am being disruptive

It's not a single post but your overall body of work. In general, stop repeating yourself and let the back-and-forth debates about SDQL go. It should be clear by now that the large majority of posters feel there is no merit to what you're doing so constantly defending it and asking for proof is getting repetitive.

I see you started a pick thread. Glad to see that. I suggest keeping most of your thoughts in that thread. GL.