Betting Talk

Total under 6.5 minus Kershaw

danshandanshan Senior Member
edited July 2017 in Sports Betting
I like that play
weak bats or great pitching makes for a toss up IF and ONLY if no Kershaw

and with avg odds of +140 on the dawg at almost 50-50 results make it a great value on the under DOG!

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    SU: 486-636 (-0.58, 43.3%)
    avg line: 135.5 / -147.8
    on / against: -$856 / -$4,731
    ROI: -0.8% / -2.9%
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    where did you get that data?
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    danshan is my new favorite poster in forumville
    edited June 2017
    at least I say something, man everyone else is just sitting here with a big breath held hoping to one day get the call to be a moderator! I will say I am naive to it all without a doubt
    edited June 2017
    I don't thing you know what your talking about. The last year that it was profitable betting the dog blindly was 2013.

Now we have different rules regarding Kershaw. Look the SDQL has limited value. In one post you give meaningless trends that Team A has won 10 in a row coming off a road loss or some yadie yadie. and some other pearls of wisdom but then in post #100 you say you came here with the intention of learning and talking sports betting because you've been taking a bath for who knows how long.

Learn about how to make line because without it they'll be many more baths. This isn't your every day forum where people are going to listen to this BS without telling you it's BS and your decision is to listen and learn but mostly listen and figure it out for yourself.

The way it sounds to me you could be a little young for this place. I hope I'm wrong.

I like streaks and I think baseball is probably one of the most streaky sports out there and sdql proves it
    edited June 2017
    you guys in this forum act like you are choosing a boyfriend for your daughter with the way you watch new guys, my lord wow!
    I am a 45 year old guy who I hope gets to stay but if I dont hey it was only a buck and couple really hurt feelings anyway!
    edited June 2017
    does anyone else think the Giants are starting to sound like they are gonna heat up and get rolling?
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    danshan wrote: »
    at least I say something, man everyone else is just sitting here with a big breath held hoping to one day get the call to be a moderator! I will say I am naive to it all without a doubt

While there's still some debate as to the origins of this proverb, the thruth in it is indisputable:
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"

I don't know of anybody who is angling for Goats' job.

While you may perceive the remarks shooting down your plays/ angles/ methods here as personal attacks or maybe even attribute it to bitter posters, you also might want to ask yourself: 'What if they're right?'. I came here too, thinking that I knew it all. Took a very short time to understand that I could learn a lot from other guys around here. There are a couple of guys here that are consistently beating the market. You might want to listen to them.

PS. June, July are always quiet around here.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Your coming up with a figure of 113-85 that's 198 games.

The data base has been around I believe for 15 years. They play 4,860 a year and after 15 years that's 72, 900 games and according to you only 198 of those games have a total line of 6.5 or less. I think your missing something in your query. I could be wrong.
    edited June 2017
    since 2003 there has been 203 games total that have an under less than 6.5
    edited June 2017
    seems super low to me too but that is the number, can I post sdql links?
    edited June 2017
    Obi One wrote: »
    While there's still some debate as to the origins of this proverb, the thruth in it is indisputable:
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"

While you may perceive the remarks shooting down your plays/ angles/ methods here as personal attacks or maybe even attribute it to bitter posters, you also might want to ask yourself: 'What if they're right?'. I came here too, thinking that I knew it all. Took a very short time to understand that I could learn a lot from other guys around here. There are a couple of guys here that are consistently beating the market. You might want to listen to them.

PS. June, July are always quiet around here.

shoot I dont care if people shoot down my plays, I love that info, its just the constant crying that is crazy, it dont really bother me except, I am trying to have a discussion about blah blah sport thing and they just keep saying whatever else. if you dont like my play show me why I am retarded and move on. I am not perfect nor do I think my play is perfect. if it was perfect I would be sipping martinis on some beach and not be here mining for info. I love sports betting, I love numbers and I love the mystique of the " that is why they play them"
    I consider any comment sports bettign related as awesome but the other stuff just save it, you dont need to tell me how cool you are, how smart you are, how great you are, save all that. even though under my tongue it just cracks me up but I really do wish people would comment on my sports stuff more so I can learn, please call me out. MY sdql formula post froma week ago nobody still has told me what they think and it has like 100 posts on it
    edited June 2017
    hey and anyone interested pop that into the old sdql machine
    total<6.5 and F and starter!=Clayton Kershaw
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    danshan wrote: »
    shoot I dont care if people shoot down my plays, I love that info, its just the constant crying that is crazy, it dont really bother me except, I am trying to have a discussion about blah blah sport thing and they just keep saying whatever else. if you dont like my play show me why I am retarded and move on. I am not perfect nor do I think my play is perfect. if it was perfect I would be sipping martinis on some beach and not be here mining for info. I love sports betting, I love numbers and I love the mystique of the " that is why they play them"
    I consider any comment sports bettign related as awesome but the other stuff just save it, you dont need to tell me how cool you are, how smart you are, how great you are, save all that. even though under my tongue it just cracks me up but I really do wish people would comment on my sports stuff more so I can learn, please call me out. MY sdql formula post froma week ago nobody still has told me what they think and it has like 100 posts on it

Rito told you why it was wrong and you didn't listen.
    edited June 2017
    quote that so I can know why it is wrong, I must have missed that
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Obi One wrote: »

I can't imagine why.