Betting Talk

anyone else have their limits cut @ pinnacle?

lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
edited April 2017 in Sports Betting
i noticed that my limits seemed to be lower this week - it appears they have been cut in half.

anyone else have this happen to them? and if so, have you heard why this is happening?

it seems bizarre & counter-intuitive to the traditional pinnacle business model that they have operated under for a long time...

pinnacle was supposed to be the one place that took on all players, including sharps.........

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Across the board?

They've been raising vig, and changing limits a lot lately but haven't seen anything like that.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    durito wrote: »
    Across the board?

They've been raising vig, and changing limits a lot lately but haven't seen anything like that.

yes, across the board

i've never known pinnacle to do anything like this - really pisses me off
    edited April 2017
    I'd ask them, could be an error with all the work they were doing on site yesterday.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    I had my limits cut to 0 back in January of 2007
    edited April 2017
    I'd ask them, could be an error with all the work they were doing on site yesterday.

its not an error. i talked to my agent and he said it started happening yesterday to winning players.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Curious why you would have an agent instead of going straight thru the book?
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    its not an error. i talked to my agent and he said it started happening yesterday to winning players.

lol your agent cut your limit not the book
    edited April 2017
    agents can give whatever limits they want. get a postup account.
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    All I noticed is raised vigorish in some markets, which alone is a surprising move. It can signal that their glory days are behind them.
    edited April 2017
    winup wrote: »
    lol your agent cut your limit not the book

lol you don't understand how pinnacle operates
    edited April 2017
    agents can give whatever limits they want. get a postup account.

doesn't work that way. a pinnacle agent isn't incentivized to cut limits when they are compensated on volume (which is how the pinnacle credit operation works). you feel me?
    edited April 2017
    jm wrote: »
    Curious why you would have an agent instead of going straight thru the book?

do you live in the states? i see in your bio it says "chicagoland". how exactly are you going "straight thru the book?"
    edited April 2017
    doesn't work that way. a pinnacle agent isn't incentivized to cut limits when they are compensated on volume (which is how the pinnacle credit operation works). you feel me?

I don't know, I've seen credit accounts with way less limits on certain stuff than standard post up.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    do you live in the states? i see in your bio it says "chicagoland". how exactly are you going "straight thru the book?"

I don't have an account at pinny. I guess it's more of a generalized question....If you have an agent, you still wagering at pinnacle.com ? Is this their way around the no US customers? Or does pinny just have a bunch of skins that the bets go through?
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    jm wrote: »
    I don't have an account at pinny. I guess it's more of a generalized question....If you have an agent, you still wagering at pinnacle.com ? Is this their way around the no US customers? Or does pinny just have a bunch of skins that the bets go through?

This is not the sort of thing that should be discussed on a public forum.

To the OP, are you sure you didn't previously have double limits and your limits were just cut to normal limits?
    edited April 2017
    This is not the sort of thing that should be discussed on a public forum.

To the OP, are you sure you didn't previously have double limits and your limits were just cut to normal limits?

ya, i'm positive
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    hey lake,

After being a postup player for the longest time I changed to a credit account this season through a connected guy here in CR. The same limits cut you are talking about were also applied to my account for all sports. Only good news is that the vig jumps on limit bets are also reduced (4c or 8c vs the usual 8c to 16c depending on market) . Apparently this is something Pinnacle said they would do for the last few months. I am looking at alternatives right now with my guy to find best solution.

I logged into my old postup account using different IP and my limits were the same full ones.
    edited April 2017
    Weird. They upped all soccer post up limits by 50% a couple of months ago.

They also upped most international basketball league limits by a decent amount, but raised the vig on all of them. Lots of -110/-110 markets there now, never thought I'd see that.
  • manarhmanarh Junior Member
    edited April 2017
    Pinnacle is one of my major bookmakers. I know that it's friendly to arbers and I have never faced such a problem as limits cutting in this bookie.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    yeah my bad looks like they adjusted my vig jumps 2 days after my last post. Will be funding my post up account for nba playoffs
  • stevebodnarstevebodnar Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    sign up w/ a broker that takes customers in any country and most will allow you to avoid this BS.