Betting Talk

Super Bowl Prop Stuff

TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
edited February 2017 in Sports Betting
Figured I'd see if anyone has any +EV prop angles that they are willing to share.

I just made a play on "Player to call opening coin toss will call HEADS" at -115. Check around at your outs and see if they have it up and if so, what price they've got on it. Bookmaker has heads at -883, but seems like some shops might be throw it up without any thought.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/sports/football/new-england-patriots-coin-toss-super-bowl-prop-bets.html?_r=0

Comments

• randy2005randy2005 Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    yes
    my local just let me bet
    HEADS - 115
    I Have 500 on it
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Tails NEVER Fails.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    now -1300, +750 at BookMaker.eu
    edited February 2017
    Cools wrote: »
    now -1300, +750 at BookMaker.eu

Why is this?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2017
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Why is this?

Did you read the thread?
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Why is this?

See Times article above...
    edited February 2017
    TommyL wrote: »
    Did you read the thread?

Very clearly I did not.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    How about taking Edelman +6.5 -120 Receiving yards over Jones. First off my thinking is this line is low and Edelman will obviously be targeted more often then Jones yes shorter routes and Jones can always make the big play but Mr. B has away of taking away a teams biggest threat and IMO that's Jones. So looking at Gabriel and Sanu receiving props who I think will have Good Days. While looking just now at BM I see a Prop Edelman +4.5 +100 which I think is better then -120 +6.5. What do you think.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    How about taking Edelman +6.5 -120 Receiving yards over Jones. First off my thinking is this line is low and Edelman will obviously be targeted more often then Jones yes shorter routes and Jones can always make the big play but Mr. B has away of taking away a teams biggest threat and IMO that's Jones. So looking at Gabriel and Sanu receiving props who I think will have Good Days. While looking just now at BM I see a Prop Edelman +4.5 +100 which I think is better then -120 +6.5. What do you think.

Don't have an opinion on the prop itself, but 20 cents is definitely more valuable than 2 yards for guys that will have this much volume.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    How about taking Edelman +6.5 -120 Receiving yards over Jones. First off my thinking is this line is low and Edelman will obviously be targeted more often then Jones yes shorter routes and Jones can always make the big play but Mr. B has away of taking away a [/B]teams biggest threat and IMO that's Jones. So looking at Gabriel and Sanu receiving props who I think will have Good Days. While looking just now at BM I see a Prop Edelman +4.5 +100 which I think is better then -120 +6.5. What do you think.

I was thinking the same thing, I played Sanu over 4 receptions. I also played a big longshot of Vic Beasley to win the MVP, he led the league in sacks and tied for the lead in forced fumbles, if he can have a big day harassing Brady, maybe he's got a shot, GL
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited February 2017
    So your saying unload with this being the line?

No, the bet is what NE will call, not what the coin will land on. They always call heads.
    edited February 2017
    StevieY wrote: »
    No, the bet is what NE will call, not what the coin will land on. They always call heads.

Makes sense! Clearly my reading comprehensive skills are lacking.

Mod, can you please delete the posts containing my screen shot? Thank you
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    every national anthem has gone over that I can remember