Betting Talk

2016 Presidential Election & Primaries

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    5d has Paul Ryan +8000 . I bet it a few times.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    He didn't, he can't......
    And he's taking the whole Republican Party down with him.
    Suggesting 'even jokingly' someone shoot Clinton is beyond anything he's done/said so far. The guy belongs in a mental institution.

The bet I suggested earlier:
    Democratic nominee wins over 369½ votes at +260

First went down to around +220 (last I could see), then got taken off the board. With AZ and GA turning slightly blue, This one looks like free money. Right now I would be willing to bet on Trump not making it to the elections. Anybody seen such a bet out there?

Looks to be politics as usual..unless of course you are someone who has a R behind your name.

Obama also joked about rubbing out his opponents #TheChicagoWay:"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” #Obama, Philly, 2008

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/14/obama-if-they-bring-a-knife-to-the-fight-we-bring-a-gun/

https://www.rt.com/usa/355391-clinton-assassination-obama-2008/
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Trump's only chance is the outbreak of WW3 or a October surprise resulting in a Clinton indictment...
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Finally made my first play on the general election, taking Hillary at -450. Interestingly enough, at 5Dimes right now, you've got Hillary at -450 and Trump at +470. I don't see any way that someone other than the two of them wins it, so I'm surprised to see those lines.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    They both might be on the ballot, but like golf, the withdrawal factor comes into play. I think that would be action.
    edited October 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    They both might be on the ballot, but like golf, the withdrawal factor comes into play. I think that would be action.

It's obviously hard to quantify the "withdrawal factor", however I have a hard time seeing how it can come into play with someone other than the two obvious candidates winning the election.
    edited October 2016
    If Trump gets "blown outta the water" in tonight's debate the pressure on him would be overwhelming to step down. We will see.
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Pinny hasn't had a line up for a day or two.

Any ideas why?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Finally made my first play on the general election, taking Hillary at -450. Interestingly enough, at 5Dimes right now, you've got Hillary at -450 and Trump at +470. I don't see any way that someone other than the two of them wins it, so I'm surprised to see those lines.

Bet her for as much as you want Tommy, barring something unforeseen, this race is over
    edited October 2016
    5Dimes negative edge is less than 2/3rds of 1%(0.64). Considering recent developments, I like their gamble.
    edited October 2016
    namathfan wrote: »
    Pinny hasn't had a line up for a day or two.

Any ideas why?

I would suggest checking your favorite news site..the media is running with some "news" it sat on for almost a week.
    edited October 2016
    5Dimes negative edge is less than 2/3rds of 1%(0.64). Considering recent developments, I like their gamble.

Disagree. I really don't see a > 1/156 of someone other than Trump/Hillary winning the election (let alone their need to pay the electric bill).
    edited October 2016
    Man, this race is getting uglier and uglier. Over the hill attention whores are coming outta the woodwork claiming Trump made vulgar physical advances 30 years ago. Since when does Trump ride in coach from this latest claim? I wouldn't be surprised to see another that is looking for 12 minutes of fame claiming she had sex with Hillary. Real or contrived, this is gutter material. These 24 hour news channels can be a real problem in many areas.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Man, this race is getting uglier and uglier. Over the hill attention whores are coming outta the woodwork claiming Trump made vulgar physical advances 30 years ago. Since when does Trump ride in coach from this latest claim? I wouldn't be surprised to see another that is looking for 12 minutes of fame claiming she had sex with Hillary. Real or contrived, this is gutter material. These 24 hour news channels can be a real problem in many areas.

I was thinking the same thing when Trump tried using those women from Bill's past to try and score political points, not surprising though as Trump lives in the gutter
    edited October 2016
    guessing more posts will be deleted(since mine was last week) and this thread is going off the rails once again by the pro Hillary crew
    edited October 2016
    KCB, I wanna make it clear I'm no fan of Crooked Hillary. However, I'm a fan of my left pocket. That's why I bet her. Both of these candidates are sewer dwellers.
    edited October 2016
    KCB, I wanna make it clear I'm no fan of Crooked Hillary. However, I'm a fan of my left pocket. That's why I bet her. Both of these candidates are sewer dwellers.

I don't disagree with that one bit both are junk..I do know posts were deleted last week that discussed Trumps latest issue because things went south. I do believe people are jumping to conclusions thinking Hillary is going to start losing all these red states. She is not very likable and running out Al Gore to court young people in Florida is confusing..even the folks on MSNBC questioned this tactic. She needs to get Obama to Florida. .
    edited October 2016

I hope you didn't scalp this to winna herring??
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Line just dropped on MS. Hillary. More FBI trouble
    edited October 2016
    I wanna make it clear I'm no fan of Crooked Hillary. However, I'm a fan of my left pocket. That's why I bet her. Both of these candidates are sewer dwellers.
    this...
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    FBI just cleared Hillary for a 2nd time.
    edited November 2016
    Jake T. wrote: »
    FBI just cleared Hillary for a 2nd time.

just jumped back up to -600 at dimes
    edited November 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    just jumped back up to -600 at dimes

I see the upward move all over.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    You can throw all the histrionics out. At the end of the day, it comes down to this:
    In the election, Hillary is going to defeat Trump in a somewhat close call. Barring something completely unforeseen, this is the only possible outcome.

I have been fucking absolutely ice cold lately.
    edited November 2016
    I have been fucking absolutely ice cold lately.
    When you think about it in the simplest terms, it is difficult to believe that with more favorable demographics than '08 or '12, the same country that elected Obama twice has now elected Trump...
    edited November 2016
    munson15 wrote: »
    When you think about it in the simplest terms, it is difficult to believe that with more favorable demographics than '08 or '12, the same country that elected Obama twice has now elected Trump...

I was thinking about it two different ways...First, I thought, how can the Dems come up with the only candidate in the country that is possibly less likeable than Donald Trump? Anyone, from Sanders to Biden, would have been a better choice and would have beaten him. Then, I got thinking that nothing at all this year has made sense, and maybe he was winning this thing regardless of who the Dems threw out there. Guess we'll never know, but it's crazy to think about the odds he was facing in places like Wisconsin/Michigan/Pennsylvania and how much the polls missed the mark in the end (and all along most likely).
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I was thinking about it two different ways...First, I thought, how can the Dems come up with the only candidate in the country that is possibly less likeable than Donald Trump? Anyone, from Sanders to Biden, would have been a better choice and would have beaten him. Then, I got thinking that nothing at all this year has made sense, and maybe he was winning this thing regardless of who the Dems threw out there. Guess we'll never know, but it's crazy to think about the odds he was facing in places like Wisconsin/Michigan/Pennsylvania and how much the polls missed the mark in the end (and all along most likely).

The one thing that has started to dawn on me last night and I keep coming back to today, is that maybe those terrorist attacks in Paris and Brussels and the domestic shootings at Pulse and in San Bernadino really empowered the white, older and uneducated electorate towards Trump. For all the racism, misogyny and bigotry he displayed, the one thing he did, that Hillary didn't, was assure them he would keep those radical people away. He would never let 9/11 happen again. Somehow they looked at him as the option that would keep them safe, while Hillary was the option that got them there in the first place through her previous years in politics. Of course there are economic reasons, where they also feared for their jobs, being taken, and where they yearn for protectionism.

It's the one thing I can come up with, that explains Trump's support beating out Hillary's.

Thoughts?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    The Trump win was more a Clinton loss. It was the lesser of two evils. This country has gone to hell in a hand basket as the saying goes so maybe a learn as we go guy will do better. Talk about eating crow man she's got a barrel full and it couldn't happen to a nicer person. A lot of sleepless nights in america last night. Lets give him a chance there's nothing else we can do. I voted Trump and proud of it. I don't think he ever thought he had a chance to win and to do and say the things he did but the people ate it up but he stood true to who he is and his agenda. but he it will tone down I believe. Now this is a real change. Good Luck I think he's going to do fine.
    There's a lot of unhappy people in Washington and I say Fuck'em.
    edited November 2016
    I beat the # and blew my $$. Ok, on we go. I would like to commend Mitt Romney for being the modern day Benedict Arnold. A first generation loser following daddy George. How ironic George was former governor of Michigan. Oh, and a shout out to the Bush family for their unconditional 'loyalty' to the GOP. As OT stated above...........Fukem!

To the Kennedy wannabies.........Nice try Willie and Hillary.
    edited November 2016
    My other silver lining on Trump...Maybe it'll mean good things towards the future of legalized gambling. He won't get anything done with a Republican congress and senate, but if the Dems see big gains in the mid-terms, maybe it will mean a step forward for us in 2 years.

In addition to the Republicans, it seems like marijuana also had a really good night.