Betting Talk

What's With These Dumbass Kids Today...

BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
edited September 2016 in Sports Betting
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/watch-oklahomas-joe-mixon-gets-away-with-a-huge-mistake-on-this-punt-return-td/

And, what should have been a game ender for Cal was almost a huge mistake. :duh:

If I'm a coach I tell my kids to assume every ball on the ground is live, and act accordingly.

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2016
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/watch-oklahomas-joe-mixon-gets-away-with-a-huge-mistake-on-this-punt-return-td/

And, what should have been a game ender for Cal was almost a huge mistake. :duh:

If I'm a coach I tell my kids to assume every ball on the ground is live, and act accordingly.

It's happened 3 times in the last two weeks. I'm going to assume they didn't make the ball heavier this year, so I guess it is cool to drop the ball at the goal line. I miss Barry Sanders. :)
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    There were also a couple of new dumb moves this year as well:

The Western Michigan kid recovering a fumble as he is going out of bounds and throwing it back in play

The South Carolina St. kid not downing the kick off in the endzone and throwing the ball to the referee
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2016
    I've never understood why a player would want to drop the ball right at the goal line anyway. It's so frustrating. Especially after everyone has already seen it turn into a fumble before.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    StevieY wrote: »
    It's happened 3 times in the last two weeks. I'm going to assume they didn't make the ball heavier this year, so I guess it is cool to drop the ball at the goal line. I miss Barry Sanders. :)

The ball may not be heavier this year, but what about the air they're putting in it??
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    helmut wrote: »
    There were also a couple of new dumb moves this year as well:

The Western Michigan kid recovering a fumble as he is going out of bounds and throwing it back in play

The South Carolina St. kid not downing the kick off in the endzone and throwing the ball to the referee

The WMU play blew my mind, almost had a meltdown had they lost.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I think the kids today are much smarter. This has been going on for years. Back then you'd only read about it. Today, it almost eclipses the highlights on multiple tv sports stations.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Kansas State's "Snap to No One"
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BHTQS_k4XiQ"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    I think the kids today are much smarter. This has been going on for years. Back then you'd only read about it. Today, it almost eclipses the highlights on multiple tv sports stations.

Bingo