Betting Talk

What do you think about an app that advises in play bet

tennispytennispy Junior Member
edited May 2016 in Sports Betting
Hello everyone.

I am working on an app that advises on how to place bets on in play tennis games. It picks the right moment to enter, the right moment to exit to either make a profit or cut your losses.

I am interested to know how professional or semi professional bettors would value something like this. The system behind is solid. It yields constant positive returns on daily basis.

I would appreciate feedback about it. I am not promoting it here, so I hope it doesn't go against the forum rules. I just want to have a sincere discussion about how useful such an app could be for the people.

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments, and looking forward to have a discussion.

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    tennispy wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

I am working on an app that advises on how to place bets on in play tennis games. It picks the right moment to enter, the right moment to exit to either make a profit or cut your losses.

I am interested to know how professional or semi professional bettors would value something like this. The system behind is solid. It yields constant positive returns on daily basis.

I would appreciate feedback about it. I am not promoting it here, so I hope it doesn't go against the forum rules. I just want to have a sincere discussion about how useful such an app could be for the people.

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments, and looking forward to have a discussion.

What are your qualifications?

Why try and peddle something with such a short time window?

I 'redflagged' this post when you mentioned "system".
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    What are your qualifications?

I 'redflagged' this post when you mentioned "system".

+1

"It yields constant positive returns on daily basis" without substance this is another redflag for me
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2016
    If the system was that good you'd almost assuredly be better off just using it to bet and win.
  • tennispytennispy Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello,
    thanks for answering. The "system" is basically statistics. It goes over a record of over 15K matches to learn patterns on how to allocate money in matches, so the expected return on daily basis is positive. Let's say is the goal of the algorithm to find those matches and the appropriate moment to either enter or exit the market.

The reason to offer it is the same as the reason financial institutions take others people money to run their operations. It is a form of leverage. Does this make sense?
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    an app that spits out profitable live betting positions to take based on statistics? sounds incredible.............
    :wonder:
  • parlayinparlayin Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    App generates more accurate live odds than the algorithms used by books? Your app considers stats that the books don't, resulting in mispriced lines?
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    I can't believe this is still up? The snake oil salesman just joined a few days ago.
    edited May 2016
    minger2123 wrote: »
    I can't believe this is still up? The snake oil salesman just joined a few days ago.

Thanks for the kind comments. I am not selling nothing here. You can call it market research if you will, but no link, nothing. I am just gathering information from qualified bettors.
    edited May 2016
    parlayin wrote: »
    App generates more accurate live odds than the algorithms used by books? Your app considers stats that the books don't, resulting in mispriced lines?

Hello, it works a bit different. It is naive to assume that bookies are going to have miss priced lines, specially in one sport like tennis. What the bookies cannot control is how prices are moving in tennis games. If you have enough matches to analyze, patterns begin to emerge in regards to when to enter a position, when to exit it or cut losses.

Looking at a single match, it is hard to beat the bookies, but looking at the 60-70 matches that take place on daily basis, it is possible to choose those where trading is possible and where in the long term there is going to be a positive return. I hope it makes sense and answered your question.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Hey TennisSpy,

Welcome to BettingTalk.
    I don't doubt your good intentions and the app that you want to create. However, from your posts it can be concluded that you don't understand completely how the betting markets work, what the effect of major influx of money into the market will mean and how short of a span your customers have to get the lines your app spits out.

First, have a look at Goats' post at #4:
    If you have a true edge over the lines the books put out, it means you have found a money making machine. Now when was the last time somebody found a goldmine out in the bush and went back to the city and started selling the map to the mine to as many people as possible?

Secondly, you're dealing with very experienced bettors here on BT. They've seen the industry from the inside and out. I'd suggest you stick around and read some of the old threads. I learned a lot since joining and I am thankful for the criticism I received early on.

Good luck
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    Hey TennisSpy,

Welcome to BettingTalk.
    I don't doubt your good intentions and the app that you want to create. However, from your posts it can be concluded that you don't understand completely how the betting markets work, what the effect of major influx of money into the market will mean and how short of a span your customers have to get the lines your app spits out.

If you have a true edge over the lines the books put out, it means you have found a money making machine. Now when was the last time somebody found a goldmine out in the bush and went back to the city and started selling the map to the mine to as many people as possible?

Secondly, you're dealing with very experienced bettors here on BT. They've seen the industry from the inside and out. I'd suggest you stick around and read some of the old threads. I learned a lot since joining and I am thankful for the criticism I received early on.

Good luck

Very nicely put
    edited May 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    Hey TennisSpy,

Welcome to BettingTalk.

Good luck

Thanks for your comment. When starting working on this for about two years, that was the original intention. To simply run the application, get the predictions and run away with the profits. It is however very time consuming if the full process is not automated. I reside in Germany, were things like betfair are not allowed and for me currently is a hassle to move to the UK and do all that work.

I understand that this kind of information will move the market, but this is why I am trying to get an impression of what professionals think about it. I remind you, is not about have value bets for certain matches, it is basically exploiting temporal opportunities that arise over and over again on daily basis, but hard to follow for human beings.

One idea I am playing is the the application to limit the number of customers and auction the chance to participate on daily basis. Just to keep the impact on the market under control. Greed here is definitely not a good thing.

Last but not least, in the finance industry you have similar things, which is the reason I am surprise not to find that in the betting industry, which are so similar. There you have automated financial advisers. One might rise the same point, why bother selling the advise, when you can do it on your own and the answer is always the same. The need of capital to expand.

I will follow your advice and get informed here in the forum and I think makes also sense to discuss with people the idea.

Cheers.