Betting Talk

I think I may be the mush when I pay

ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
edited March 2016 in Sports Betting
Sorry for taking up space but wanted to vent somewhere I guess. Nothing personal, I never believed in luck/karma or any of the such but if anyone wanted to make a case for a mush I could be your poster child. I guess lucky for Dr H as he was going to be my next purchase

My only two years subscribing to Sixth Sense were

2012/2013: -23 units
2013/2014: -10 units

Buffettgambler Baseball

2014: -60 units

Stevie Y All Sports:

2013: -9 units
2014: -7 units
2015 to now: -34 units and no idea what future holds

-143 units overall. At start had a decent bankroll never went nuts chasing. Now basically starting from scratch again after a bad few years.

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Just stay away from RAS please. Although we've been getting so fucked in his games lately words can't even explain it.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited February 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Just stay away from RAS please. Although we've been getting so fucked in his games lately words can't even explain it.

You haven't seen fucked until you seen my winter.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    StevieY wrote: »

Yeah, definitely been some rough ones. Maybe turns around going forward (starting tomorrow)
    edited February 2016

I check every morning to see how your doing. But I don't follow how/if you've been fucked. But I believe you.

Last week or so has been beyond explainable for me. Haven't even lost much but should of won a bunch. Brutal
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry for taking up space but wanted to vent somewhere I guess. Nothing personal, I never believed in luck/karma or any of the such but if anyone wanted to make a case for a mush I could be your poster child. I guess lucky for Dr H as he was going to be my next purchase

Buffettgambler Baseball

Stevie Y All Sports:

-143 units overall. At start had a decent bankroll never went nuts chasing. Now basically starting from scratch again after a bad few years.

Hopefully you have followed BG on the forum..I believe he is in the positive on his posted plays.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    I liken betting college basketball to 6 months of labor pains. (Not that I know anything about that but from everything I’ve heard maybe it’s even easier than going through some nights of NCAA hoop).

All decent numbers are knocked out by low limit overnights. Anyone with an edge, and having enough decent outs, is taking those numbers off the board. End of game situations are inept. Both by coaches and players who can’t execute basic fundamental skills. It’s maddening at times. Most times it looks like NFL coach Andy Reid has taught all these college coaches clock his management skills. They can’t figure out 2 for 1 possessions or design anything other than a 24 ft. prayer with the shot clock winding down.
    Even if you bust your ass, which I do, and have ahead of the market information, which I do, It’s still extremely hard to comprehend certain games.

I had last minute information on Marist’s best player being out tonight. (About 3-5 minutes before it hit twitter/line services). I beat the line move. I bet Fairfield -8/8.5, it closed -11. I thought it actually should have gone even higher. I had that particular player worth between 4-5 points to the line. He scores 20 a night and by far the team’s best all-around player. Well my bet had ZERO chance of cashing the whole game, NONE. Fairfield playing in front of, what looked like, about 500 fans needed about 38 minutes just secure a couple point win. They could care less tonight. Good bet I thought. My pre-game ranking was good. My line was good. Terrible result.

I’m just learning to take the nightly unpredictability in certain situations that go against me and move on. If you don’t you end up driving yourself nuts. Plus, no one gives a shit about anyone’s particular bad beat story every night. Because it happens every night usually multiple times. Whether you are playing a 1H, 2H, side, total, in-game. 1-2 points either way sometimes turns a 5-2 night into 2-5.

Expecting 18-22 years old kids to do anything “predictable” is a flawed premise from the start. Good news however, the games start in less than 20 hours to do it all over again.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Bad streaks are a fact of life. I've seen them continue 2-3 years in a row and vice versa. But one organization doesn't believe in losing years..........that's the IRS. To file as a PG, you must win 3 outta 5 years. They don't believe in Tommy John rehab either.
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    So true, its been brutal. Almost like to limit plays to coaching staffs.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Golfer, after seeing everyone's performance levels so far on full sides and totals how do you feel now about Ras exiting that market and supplying you with +18.5 units? :)
    edited February 2016
    underwraps wrote: »
    Golfer, after seeing everyone's performance levels so far on full sides and totals how do you feel now about Ras exiting that market and supplying you with +18.5 units? :)

Lol, I feel fortunate for sure. Still irritated about this week just cause the plays were sooo strong and we got so fucked. But yes, it's been super solid so far. I wonder if they are struggling on full game stuff or if they are winning?
    edited February 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Lol, I feel fortunate for sure. Still irritated about this week just cause the plays were sooo strong and we got so fucked. But yes, it's been super solid so far. I wonder if they are struggling on full game stuff or if they are winning?

You watch episode 5 of "Billions" on Showtime? :) Knowing when to exit is a crucial part of survival in this business.
    Glad to see your happy Golfer, because a mad Golfer can cause earth quakes on message board :)
    edited February 2016
    ebemiss wrote: »
    I liken betting college basketball to 6 months of labor pains. (Not that I know anything about that but from everything I’ve heard maybe it’s even easier than going through some nights of NCAA hoop).

All decent numbers are knocked out by low limit overnights. Anyone with an edge, and having enough decent outs, is taking those numbers off the board. End of game situations are inept. Both by coaches and players who can’t execute basic fundamental skills. It’s maddening at times. Most times it looks like NFL coach Andy Reid has taught all these college coaches clock his management skills. They can’t figure out 2 for 1 possessions or design anything other than a 24 ft. prayer with the shot clock winding down.
    Even if you bust your ass, which I do, and have ahead of the market information, which I do, It’s still extremely hard to comprehend certain games.

I had last minute information on Marist’s best player being out tonight. (About 3-5 minutes before it hit twitter/line services). I beat the line move. I bet Fairfield -8/8.5, it closed -11. I thought it actually should have gone even higher. I had that particular player worth between 4-5 points to the line. He scores 20 a night and by far the team’s best all-around player. Well my bet had ZERO chance of cashing the whole game, NONE. Fairfield playing in front of, what looked like, about 500 fans needed about 38 minutes just secure a couple point win. They could care less tonight. Good bet I thought. My pre-game ranking was good. My line was good. Terrible result.

I’m just learning to take the nightly unpredictability in certain situations that go against me and move on. If you don’t you end up driving yourself nuts. Plus, no one gives a shit about anyone’s particular bad beat story every night. Because it happens every night usually multiple times. Whether you are playing a 1H, 2H, side, total, in-game. 1-2 points either way sometimes turns a 5-2 night into 2-5.

Expecting 18-22 years old kids to do anything “predictable” is a flawed premise from the start. Good news however, the games start in less than 20 hours to do it all over again.

I hear ya. Late game bad beats, especially in college sports, have never really bothered me. +4.5, up 9 with 2:20 left. Next thing you know you are at the line with 6 sec left down 3. You miss both, foul, and lose by 5. -2.5, up 5 opp misses a 3, gets the rebound, misses a 3, gets the rebound, hits a 3, and fouls you, you miss a FT, win by 2. Happens in the pro sports too, under 5.5, 12 minutes left, 1-0. Final score 5-2(the only empty net goal was the last one which was meaningless). All brutal, all have happened to me recently, shit happens. If that 's what it takes to lose, keep getting on those sides of games and you will be fine. That's the way I have always thought and I still do.

I know most people use CLV on here to determine their bet strength and most people here know I don't. I never really talked about what I use to determine the expectations of my bets. For BB, I use the % chance the bet will win based on the halftime score. Whether you agree with CLV or not, if you believe in the correlation between 1st half results and game results, then you know there should be some correlation with this. For hockey I use the expected goals based on shot attempt data. They both give a very good estimate of what your record should be. It can warn you if you very lucky, it can show you when you were very unlucky, and it can show you when the results are expected(which happens more so than not as people usually forget when they were lucky). My CBB results:

5 years ago +13.10 units actual, +13.6 expected
    4 years ago +37.90 units actual, +32.2 expected
    3 years ago +20.20 units actual, +18.8 expected
    2 years ago + 1.50 units actual, + 7.3 expected
    1 years ago - 1.60 units actual, - 2.3 expected.
    Total + 71.1 units actual, +69.6 units expected.

I'm pretty much where I should be. I had it set up to show the results when the season ended but last year, my totals were so bad and seemed dead in the water from the beginning and my sides were so good and seemed like easy wins, I set it up to show me during the year how I was doing. It showed me that my totals were indeed brutal(41.1% act, 41.2% exp) and my sides were indeed good(56.3% act, 56.0% exp). It's a good indicator of what your record should be. This year:

-25.0 units actual, +2.6 units expected. Now 2.6 units isn't anything to be excited about but I'd take it right now. Brutal.

If you played the 1st half line on every game I released, you would be 124-97-5 +17.3 units.

Now, when you have a season like that, it's not fun but at least it is just one sport right? wrong. As bad as those numbers look, the NHL has been just as bad.

4 years ago + 4.70 units actual, + 7.10 units expected
    3 years ago +25.39 units actual, +23.3 units expected
    2 years ago -12.05 units actual, - 8.60 units expected
    1 year ago +14.60 units actual, +12.80 units expected
    Total +32.64 units actual, +34.6 units expected

Again, very close actual to expected results. There are about 19 games a year where one team has a 1.5 exp goal adv on their opp. There is no rhyme or reason, you can't predict them because they aren't the games you would think. On avg, those teams go 17.8-1.6 each year with no year where more than 3 lost. Those previous 4 years, I was 8-1 in those games, pretty much what I should be. You will see why I mentioned those games. This year:

-10.18 units(heading to -11.18 in about 10 minutes) actual, +17.4 units expected(probably mid 16's after tonight). At the all-star break it was +19.6, post break hasn't been good actual or expected.

Two sports at the same time that never had any major actual/expected result fluctuations both about 28 units different? Oh, and those games I mentioned above, we have been lucky enough to be on the good side of 6 of them this year. Our record? 0-6. Overall, those games are 8-7 this year(we also happened to be on the other side of the 7th loss).

I know in the end the only thing that matters is winning. As a player, the short term is what matters so runs like this are awful. As a capper, you are looking more long term so you look as much at the expected results. Football, the CLV was improving but the expected results were falling apart, I knew I had to start over from scratch and wasn't going to be ready for this season or even thought I wanted to bother with football so that's why I didnt do it. Hockey wise, pre-all star break , I wouldn't have changed a thing. Post-AS has been bad so I have to right the ship there. Tonight, the hockey games were awful. Those bother me more than the bad beats. CBB, I've really liked my total, exp record is 47.7-37.3, sides have been disappointing, but the exp record is 69.3-66.7, not good but a far cry from the actual shit. One of those seasons alone is rough, two can test you.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Is there anyone other than RAS winning at college hoops this year?
    edited February 2016
    I hear ya. Late game bad beats, especially in college sports, have never really bothered me. +4.5, up 9 with 2:20 left. Next thing you know you are at the line with 6 sec left down 3. You miss both, foul, and lose by 5. -2.5, up 5 opp misses a 3, gets the rebound, misses a 3, gets the rebound, hits a 3, and fouls you, you miss a FT, win by 2. Happens in the pro sports too, under 5.5, 12 minutes left, 1-0. Final score 5-2(the only empty net goal was the last one which was meaningless). All brutal, all have happened to me recently, shit happens. If that 's what it takes to lose, keep getting on those sides of games and you will be fine. That's the way I have always thought and I still do.

I know most people use CLV on here to determine their bet strength and most people here know I don't. I never really talked about what I use to determine the expectations of my bets. For BB, I use the % chance the bet will win based on the halftime score. Whether you agree with CLV or not, if you believe in the correlation between 1st half results and game results, then you know there should be some correlation with this. For hockey I use the expected goals based on shot attempt data. They both give a very good estimate of what your record should be. It can warn you if you very lucky, it can show you when you were very unlucky, and it can show you when the results are expected(which happens more so than not as people usually forget when they were lucky). My CBB results:

5 years ago +13.10 units actual, +13.6 expected
    4 years ago +37.90 units actual, +32.2 expected
    3 years ago +20.20 units actual, +18.8 expected
    2 years ago + 1.50 units actual, + 7.3 expected
    1 years ago - 1.60 units actual, - 2.3 expected.
    Total + 71.1 units actual, +69.6 units expected.

I'm pretty much where I should be. I had it set up to show the results when the season ended but last year, my totals were so bad and seemed dead in the water from the beginning and my sides were so good and seemed like easy wins, I set it up to show me during the year how I was doing. It showed me that my totals were indeed brutal(41.1% act, 41.2% exp) and my sides were indeed good(56.3% act, 56.0% exp). It's a good indicator of what your record should be. This year:

-25.0 units actual, +2.6 units expected. Now 2.6 units isn't anything to be excited about but I'd take it right now. Brutal.

If you played the 1st half line on every game I released, you would be 124-97-5 +17.3 units.

Now, when you have a season like that, it's not fun but at least it is just one sport right? wrong. As bad as those numbers look, the NHL has been just as bad.

4 years ago + 4.70 units actual, + 7.10 units expected
    3 years ago +25.39 units actual, +23.3 units expected
    2 years ago -12.05 units actual, - 8.60 units expected
    1 year ago +14.60 units actual, +12.80 units expected
    Total +32.64 units actual, +34.6 units expected

Again, very close actual to expected results. There are about 19 games a year where one team has a 1.5 exp goal adv on their opp. There is no rhyme or reason, you can't predict them because they aren't the games you would think. On avg, those teams go 17.8-1.6 each year with no year where more than 3 lost. Those previous 4 years, I was 8-1 in those games, pretty much what I should be. You will see why I mentioned those games. This year:

-10.18 units(heading to -11.18 in about 10 minutes) actual, +17.4 units expected(probably mid 16's after tonight). At the all-star break it was +19.6, post break hasn't been good actual or expected.

Two sports at the same time that never had any major actual/expected result fluctuations both about 28 units different? Oh, and those games I mentioned above, we have been lucky enough to be on the good side of 6 of them this year. Our record? 0-6. Overall, those games are 8-7 this year(we also happened to be on the other side of the 7th loss).

I know in the end the only thing that matters is winning. As a player, the short term is what matters so runs like this are awful. As a capper, you are looking more long term so you look as much at the expected results. Football, the CLV was improving but the expected results were falling apart, I knew I had to start over from scratch and wasn't going to be ready for this season or even thought I wanted to bother with football so that's why I didnt do it. Hockey wise, pre-all star break , I wouldn't have changed a thing. Post-AS has been bad so I have to right the ship there. Tonight, the hockey games were awful. Those bother me more than the bad beats. CBB, I've really liked my total, exp record is 47.7-37.3, sides have been disappointing, but the exp record is 69.3-66.7, not good but a far cry from the actual shit. One of those seasons alone is rough, two can test you.

I started right after the big positives 3 years ago. My mush powers are strong.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    I thought I was the mush, Atleast there's someone else as well. It has been very hard the past 2 years.. Bank roll has been destroyed and this is not even fun anymore. Hope it can turn around.

I thought Stevie was going win tonight, but I can't complain about 2-2. Just trying to think positive and we hope we can start winning back some units.
    edited February 2016
    buythehook wrote: »
    I thought I was the mush, Atleast there's someone else as well. It has been very hard the past 2 years.. Bank roll has been destroyed and this is not even fun anymore. Hope it can turn around.

I thought Stevie was going win tonight, but I can't complain about 2-2. Just trying to think positive and we hope we can start winning back some units.

OT's have not been kind to us either. The only thing that has been normal is we are 18-12 with -1 CLV or worse, love those - CLV games.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    jammer wrote: »
    Is there anyone other than RAS winning at college hoops this year?

Sportsinsights

Does make it easier to win when they release after steam with old lines and when games have started.
  • ricodotricodot Senior Member
    edited February 2016

Buffettgambler Baseball

Stevie Y All Sports:

lol. thank you. if you have bet sports long enough, we have all been there. hang tough
    edited February 2016
    Just in full fledge nose dive mode now. Id be fascinated watching it happen if it wasnt so expensive along the way. Its almost comical at this point.
    edited February 2016
    This is has been one of the worst months of my gambling career... I'm at a loss for words, I'm so fuckin disgusted right now
    edited February 2016
    who you referring to Ras? didn't he just win 3 games on 02/21
    edited February 2016
    underwraps wrote: »
    who you referring to Ras? didn't he just win 3 games on 02/21

No, I have been playing Stevie in nhl and college bball...
    edited February 2016
    BTW.. I was in on the 3 for 5 debacle and lost all 3 games. Then when he send out the email to fill out the questioner for another free credit Texas lost on the over. So I'm 0-4 on Walmart deals. At least you guys if you signed up from the beginning are still up 17.9un
    edited February 2016
    buythehook wrote: »
    No, I have been playing Stevie in nhl and college bball...

I'm in on the hockey to since the start.
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited February 2016
    Had a lead in the 3rd period. He's getting closer.
    edited February 2016
    hoff21 wrote: »
    Had a lead in the 3rd period. He's getting closer.

Had the lead in the 3rd period in a lot of games. We are 4-7 in those games this month, hasn't really mattered if we have an advantage or not.

So far this month:

By the shot data:
    Our team dominated(or our total side dominated) 7-3
    Our team controlled the game flow 1-3
    Opp dominated(other total side dominated) 0-8
    Opp controlled the game flow 0-1
    0-11-1 in coinflip games(the push was impossible to lose, 2-2 3rd per of an over 5 so it was the worst possible outcome)

0-6 in OT, current 0-7 run, last OT win Jan 16th. 4 of the OT's were coinflip games, the other 2 we controlled(not dominated) the game flow.

So adding all that up, if we dominate the game flow, we are 7-3 this month. if we don't dominate the game, we are 1-23-1. Now if the results were around average, we would still be down about 4 units this month, but I'd take -4 units, that drops the expected results from +19.6 at the all-star break to -14.9.

However, yesterday was the 2nd day since sometime in December that we outperformed expected results in CBB. Baby steps.
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    jm wrote: »
    Sportsinsights

Does make it easier to win when they release after steam with old lines and when games have started.

Are you serious? There was one game this year that had an issue due to an odd start time (Friday at 1pm).
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok, I'll play.

In games decided by...

1 pt or less: 7-14, -8.4 units
    1.5 or 2: 8-15, -8.5 units
    2.5 or 3: 8-13, -6.3 units

decided by 3.5 or more (more than a basket): 190-165, 53.5%, +8.5 units
    decided by 3 or less (a basket or less): 23-42, 35.4%, -23.2 units

If we run 50/50 on the games that are decided by a random basket in the end game, we are up about 5 units this year. Not anything outstanding, but a damn far cry from the current -15.
    edited February 2016
    ...but I'd take -4 units, that drops the expected results from +19.6 at the all-star break to -14.9.

That should say "but I'd take -4 units, that drops the expected results from +19.6 at the all-star break to +14.9."
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    jm wrote: »
    Sportsinsights

Don't know about SportsInsights college, the NBA selections are at WA lines that you can get the number, 57% or so at the All-Star break. GL