Betting Talk

baylor bowl game

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited December 2015 in Sports Betting
Corey Coleman and Shock Linwood are out for Baylors bowl game. Got the inside yesterday that they won't be playing. Not sure if people know this or not yet. Bet unc at plus 3 yesterday now 2. Be shocked if Baylor closes as the favorite here.

Comments

• helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    The one thing to think about is that Baylor runs the ball very well and UNC run defense is horrible. They gave up 300+ yards in their last two games against Clemson and NC State. Neither of these teams runs it as well as Baylor will. Also UNC schedule was not that tough and the one good offense they faced this year (Clemson) put up 608 yards on them.
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Is that an April Fool's joke?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    helmut wrote: »
    The one thing to think about is that Baylor runs the ball very well and UNC run defense is horrible. They gave up 300+ yards in their last two games against Clemson and NC State. Neither of these teams runs it as well as Baylor will. Also UNC schedule was not that tough and the one good offense they faced this year (Clemson) put up 608 yards on them.

Agree with this. Was posting more cause I feel like you will get line value on unc right now. Or maybe even and arb opportunity with the ML
    edited December 2015
    Nacer2174 wrote: »
    Is that an April Fool's joke?

I wish it was but its not.
    edited December 2015
    Source?
    edited December 2015
    Nacer2174 wrote: »
    Source?

Not gonna say.
    edited December 2015
    Good luck
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I believe the Big 12 disappoints again this bowl season.
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Baylor limped in the last 2 games on Offense. Coach is 2-8 in bowl games.
    edited December 2015
    billymac wrote: »
    Baylor limped in the last 2 games on Offense. Coach is 2-8 in bowl games.

Seth doesn't go down and it's an entirely different situation. People close to the program really knew how good this team was and could have been. It's sad for Baylor fans
  • Pepper BrooksPepper Brooks Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    The loss of Linwood hurts Baylor's run game. Without Stidham and Russell, Baylor can't throw the ball at all. Baylor will be very one dimensional. After averaging 50+ in its first 10 games, Baylor scored 14 in regulation against TCU and 17 against Texas when Russell and Stidham were out. UNC will put up points. Like the UNC side, but agree that their defense is soft, and their schedule was weak. Lean to UNC.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't care if stephen hawking is baylor qb.....still think total is low
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Stricknine wrote: »
    I don't care if stephen hawking is baylor qb.....still think total is low

BREAKING NEW: Stephen Hawking ruled academically ineligible for Baylor's 2015 bowl game against UNC.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    This bowl game is inconsequential for heels. See them opening up offense big time. Baylor will score. This defense had the benefit of one of the weakest schedules possible.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Coleman just ruled out. Sports hernia. Needs surgery.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Linwood just got ruled out too. Nice call.
    edited December 2015
    This was my Christmas gift to the board. Lol. Hope unc open back up as the favorite.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    thanks very much, appreciate you sharing the info.
    edited December 2015
    Line is back up. Unc is -2.5
    edited December 2015
    Wanted to wait till game day to post this. Baylor has had to completely re structure their offence for this game because of all the injuries. (mainly cause of the QB's). They have had about 3 weeks to practice this. They will be trying to gain 4-5 yards a play versus 20-30 yards like normal. They will be snapping the ball to 5 different players today. Baylor will be trying to slow the game down. Their tempo will not be anything like it normally is.

As much as I hate taking Baylor unders, today might be a good day to play it.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    BAYLOR SUBS DOING JUST FINE
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    UNC best interior lineman out as well as their top safety who got hurt in the last regular season game. That doesn't help any already poor defense
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Baylor will be trying to slow the game down. Their tempo will not be anything like it normally is.

As much as I hate taking Baylor unders, today might be a good day to play it.

This information was the opposite of the actual Baylor strategy. The tempo didnt change at all. Where is this bad info from?
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    This information was the opposite of the actual Baylor strategy. The tempo didnt change at all. Where is this bad info from?
    Yeah , They were on a mission ......i went down a bad road.....
    edited December 2015

Lol! Your right the tempo didn't change as much as what I was told. They did snap the ball to 5 different players. When you run the ball for a million fucking yards the tempo won't matter anyway. Helmut was right, unc rush defence is just too bad. Sorry guys for whoever had the under.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited December 2015

This tends to happen alot this time of year. Everyone thinks they have an edge sormwhere.
    edited December 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    This tends to happen alot this time of year. Everyone thinks they have an edge sormwhere.

It was pretty clear that the play had no edge. I posted this when the total was 69. It closed 73.5. Just a bad call
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    It was pretty clear that the play had no edge. I posted this when the total was 69. It closed 73.5. Just a bad call

It happens man. Win some Lose some
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Yep,,,,,next station ...... moving on!!!!!