Betting Talk

Star Wars prop bets and others...

beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
With the new trailer out tonight on MNF I saw these bets today and I think there is some major value here on a few. Tickets are already the highest ever in the UK for a movie as advance sales started today for it. US presale starts tonight and the forecast in world wide tickets is 2 billion. I see that Bovada has a prop on whether Star Wars will break Avatars record of 2.788 Billiion.tall order to say the least but we have 40 years of history working for us and 3 generations of people to see it.The movie seems the perfect storm here to, Cool Director, old and young actors. Amazing effects with a lot less CGI, actual built sets.

The price seems to have quite a bit of value. Figured for a toss up on the prop maybe -115 for each.

So going to play...

Will Star Wars Episode VII surpass Avatar as the top grossing movie of all time?
Yes +200 + ...1 unit
No -300 +

Proposition
Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens Specials

All wagers have action. Must gross over $2.788bn worldwide to be graded as a win.

Also a prop on whether may the force be with you to be said at -150. Almost seems to easy here. I know Abrams is doing this movie differently and could throw us a curve ball, but I cannot see that happening.

So NOV 01/[email protected]
"May the force be with you" to be said
Yes -150 + 3 units to win 2.

Spectre to have over 90 million opening weekend. Skyfall had 88.3 seems very doable .
-120.. Risk 1.2 to win 1

Comments

• 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    beefcake wrote: »
    With the new trailer out tonight on MNF I saw these bets today and I think there is some major value here on a few. Tickets are already the highest ever in the UK for a movie as advance sales started today for it. US presale starts tonight and the forecast in world wide tickets is 2 billion. I see that Bovada has a prop on whether Star Wars will break Avatars record of 2.788 Billiion.tall order to say the least but we have 40 years of history working for us and 3 generations of people to see it.The movie seems the perfect storm here to, Cool Director, old and young actors. Amazing effects with a lot less CGI, actual built sets.

The price seems to have quite a bit of value. Figured for a toss up on the prop maybe -115 for each.

So going to play...

Will Star Wars Episode VII surpass Avatar as the top grossing movie of all time?
    Yes +200 + ...1 unit
    No -300 +

Proposition
    Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens Specials

All wagers have action. Must gross over $2.788bn worldwide to be graded as a win.

Also a prop on whether may the force be with you to be said at -150. Almost seems to easy here. I know Abrams is doing this movie differently and could throw us a curve ball, but I cannot see that happening.

Spectre to have over 90 million opening weekend. Skyfall had 88.3 seems very doable .
    -120.. Risk 1.2 to win 1

Where are these lines from ?
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited October 2015
    It looks like Bovada.

+200 for highest-grossing film of all time definitely seem interesting. Avatar made an insane amount, though.
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited October 2015

IMO, 'Yes' odds are too high. I'd say it should be maybe -115-ish.

From the new trailer and bits and pieces Ive read online, I get the impression that the Jedi have been pretty scarce since the Return of the Jedi. I've been avoiding total plot spoilers though, so of course I could be wrong.

Good luck on your plays.

:nerdglasses:
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Sorry guys been busy all week.Odds are from bovada.I told my wife the odds for worldwide sales and she doesn't gamble ever but she said I would be an idiot for not taking +200 on that. So spouse approval is golden! LOL:clap:

Its down to +175...
    edited October 2015
    May the force bet has been takin down..John Williams at +180 for best score looks nice but not sure what else he will go against. almost 100% sure he will be nominated for it.
    edited November 2015
    Loss on Spectre..Boo!!
    edited December 2015
    Movie opens today!!

Lets do this!!
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Movie opens today!!

Lets do this!!

First reviews are very positive,
    Got my ticket already.... :thumbup1:
    edited December 2015
    Movie opens today!!

Lets do this!!

May the force and 2 units be with you.
    edited December 2015
    517 Million Worldwide in 3 days..2.88 B Looks very breakable..
    edited January 2016
    Just saw it this past weekend. " may the force be with you " prop cashes!!!

And did not bet it but saw prop on bovada at around 8-1 on han saying "i have a bad feeling about this" ..well that would have cashed too!!

1.5 billion worldwide..!! Just a matter of time to cash..and only 20 million short of Avatar for USA record ..AMAZING!
    edited January 2016
    Congrats on the prop. In a small way, you helped your own box office bet when you went. What did you think of the movie (no spoilers)?
    edited January 2016
    Tortuga wrote: »
    Congrats on the prop. In a small way, you helped your own box office bet when you went. What did you think of the movie (no spoilers)?

I give it a B...Good but not great..A few plot holes but obviously no one cares....