Betting Talk

Question

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
Got a friend that books games. Only has about 10 people betting with him. I do not bet with him. He doesn't charge juice so every game is even money. Your only allowed to bet day of game and he puts the lines out about 2 hours before the game.

My opinion on this is that he doesn't have an edge and nor do the players. Unless one of his players looks at the movement before kick and gets some value. But none of his guys would do that I doubt.

Do the players or the book have any type of edge? Except for the scenario I said above.

Comments

• dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    So you would only have to win 50.1% of your plays to come out ahead. I like to think that I still could find a few >50% selection even on game day.But this is really nothing more than a fantasy debate, because any bookie operating that way won't be around long.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    So you would only have to win 50.1% of your plays to come out ahead. I like to think that I still could find a few >50% selection even on game day.But this is really nothing more than a fantasy debate, because any bookie operating that way won't be around long.

Agree. Yes someone who knew what they were doing could exploit that. Even betting RAS at close would be good.

He is a know it all about gambling but he really doesn't know shit. He is a lawyer by trade. I hope someone cleans him out because he thinks he is always right. I tried to tell him he has no edge by doing this but he thinks otherwise. We're not that good of friends we just play golf together some.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Lawyers = bookies = Awesome excuses not to pay you? Will you threaten a lawyer.LOL
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Anyone sharp would destroy him over time.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Hat wrote: »
    Anyone sharp would destroy him over time.

Agree. I hope he gets his ass kicked cause he still owes me 30$ from the last time we played golf and he hasn't payed lol
  • richhhhrichhhh Junior Member
    edited October 2015
    Imagine a world without juice! lol likey beat him by blindly betting dogs.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Depends where he gets his lines and how dumb are the players.

There are guys that lay -8 at bodog/sia every week when the whole market is -7. Get a few of them and you'll make money.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I run a small book and he'll make money. I don't make $ from the juice, but people taking the wrong side more often than not. The juice does help though and I wouldn't give it up.