edited October 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    They lost my business

guess it's it good thing, bye bye
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Yea...... No one else bets second halfs

most +ev 2h's are taken out in nano seconds, don't see how a bunch of ras plays helps anyone --
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    They lost my business

guess it's it good thing, bye bye
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    why would you need to sit at a computer when plays are texted and the play can be called in
    durito wrote: »
    sitting in front of your computer waiting for every ncaab 2h all year is an incredible time constraint. i do it every year, it's tiring. seems like it'd be a pretty big commitment for most people (all day on weekends, at night during the week, etc)
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    most +ev 2h's are taken out in nano seconds, don't see how a bunch of ras plays helps anyone --

Exactly!!! Thank you!!
    edited October 2015
    Hat wrote: »
    why would you need to sit at a computer when plays are texted and the play can be called in

so you are going to get your text, look at phone, call your bookie and get the release line?

good luck with that
    edited October 2015
    You would have to me doing this for a living or borderline insane to subscribe, I'd say I'm the latter and I'm even not doing it. Do yourself a favor and don't deal with all the stress and pain in the ass. Kinda comical he's even offering one after going private. Will the private bettors and your team be betting these before you release? Lol
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2015

Talking to wife, phone beeps for text.
    "Hold on sweetie"
    "What were you saying hun?"

I even put my phone in a ziplock bag when I shower so i don't miss DrH 2Hs.
    edited October 2015
    DrH seems like a solid avenue at this point if your looking for a service honestly. This second half only shit is gay. I'm out.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    DrH seems like a solid avenue at this point if your looking for a service honestly. This second half only shit is gay. I'm out.

I believe we will all have to hold you to this.
    edited October 2015
    Prolly not doing football next year either
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Prolly not doing football next year either

We don't need to hear about it anymore. GL to you in the future. Sorry you won't be posting anymore. I'm sure someone will miss you.
    edited October 2015
    Kashmir wrote: »
    We don't need to hear about it anymore. GL to you in the future. Sorry you won't be posting anymore. I'm sure someone will miss you.

What I said has nothing to do with me posting here anymore. I'm sure you would miss me though:)
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    jm wrote: »
    Talking to wife, phone beeps for text.
    "Hold on sweetie"
    "What were you saying hun?"

That's why I got the second wife, good luck all

I even put my phone in a ziplock bag when I shower so i don't miss DrH 2Hs.

That's why I got the second wife, good luck all
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I can see a lot of books waiting on posting 2nd halves bc of this. Better get some good outs guys.
    edited October 2015
    Stricknine wrote: »
    I can see a lot of books waiting on posting 2nd halves bc of this. Better get some good outs guys.

Rather get ass fucked by a mule with no lube than look for another out to bet this garbage.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Stricknine wrote: »

They can't wait too long, half time breaks are what, 20 minutes? More likely scenario is they try lower limits at least to start.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    To bad golfer doesn't tell us how he really feels. And honestly don't think Ras really gives a shit what you or anyone else thinks.
    edited October 2015
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    To bad golfer doesn't tell us how he really feels. And honestly don't think Ras really gives a shit what you or anyone else thinks.

Had too much wine last night lol. I sent RAS an email and it was nice of him to take the time to respond to me. He explained in more detail why they are choosing to just do second halfs. It will be a sad day If they choose to shut it down completely one day. They have made a lot of people a lot of money. The industry would lose one of the few solid guys out there. Hope we are still along way from this happening.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    i dont know about you guys but i can never get halftime lines, and i can usually get the game releases 85%+ of the time. i bet Dr. H sees more subscriptions because of this.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Had too much wine last night lol.

You know those breathalyzers they attach to people's cars after being convicted of DUI so the car won't start if they've been drinking? We need to invent one that works the same way and prevents you from logging into BT when inebriated.
    edited October 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    You know those breathalyzers they attach to people's cars after being convicted of DUI so the car won't start if they've been drinking? We need to invent one that works the same way and prevents you from logging into BT when inebriated.

Hahaha. Very true. Sorry goats and Ed.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    i dont know about you guys but i can never get halftime lines, and i can usually get the game releases 85%+ of the time. i bet Dr. H sees more subscriptions because of this.

I think most have a much easier time getting the halftime as opposed to full game releases.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I think most have a much easier time getting the halftime as opposed to full game releases.

thats funny, its always been the opposite for me. makes sense then,
    edited October 2015
    It's much easier for me to get halftimes vs full game releases.
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I would say generally it was much easier to get the second half lines because the books are not expecting it (when I was getting the plays) - when there is a count down clock and books have a general idea of when the plays are coming out then they can pull the lines down once the release hits - with second half plays they will always be unexpected.
    edited October 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    They can't wait too long, half time breaks are what, 20 minutes? More likely scenario is they try lower limits at least to start.

So totals go to what $100?
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2015
    I know in the past I have mentioned the possibility of going to a smaller private service, so I understand the speculation, but that is not something we are currently engaging in or pursuing.

We want to deliver products that win and can be used by the highest number of people. Without both of those elements in place there isn't much if any growth potential and it becomes less worthwhile from a business perspective to operate a service. Like Dr Bob, we too have lost a lot of clients because lines just move too fast, and no one can blame them.

The second half lines are still going to move fast, and will be challenging to follow, but the random and unexpected release times should allow more people to get the lines than do currently on the scheduled full game releases. There are successful 2nd half bettors and groups out there, but the market isn't nearly as competitive as full game sides and totals, and market maturity happens in a matter of minutes, not 15-18 hours.

Keep in mind that with the credit system, you can schedule specific time slots to receive plays, and pause or turn the service back on at any time. You only get charged for plays you receive. I don't expect anyone but super hard core people to get every single release.

We'll continue to evaluate the prospects for full game releases, and different release methods, and may offer something again in March or in future seasons.
    edited October 2015
    I's pretty damn competitive imo. Everything soft is taken out in a second.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2015
    I's pretty damn competitive imo. Everything soft is taken out in a second.

We haven't released into anything that "soft" in 5 years.