Betting Talk

When will Texas fire Strong?

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited November 2016 in Sports Betting
When will they fire him? Thoughts

They won't be any better next year either. They have to get someone in there that can recruit Texas. They are losing all the top Texas kids to Baylor and TCU. Strong can't win these types of recruiting battles cause he is not connected with the high school coaches in the state of Texas.

Comments

• texastech21texastech21 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    When will they fire him? Thoughts

They won't be any better next year either. They have to get someone in there that can recruit Texas. They are losing all the top Texas kids to Baylor and TCU. Strong can't win these types of recruiting battles cause he is not connected with the high school coaches in the state of Texas.

I think they'll give him a couple more years. Texas still gets top players in the state, think the biggest issue is the inability to recruit a top notch qb. Even Colt McCoy was a 2 star maybe 3 he just was a gamer. They are in some defense playing a ton of young players but young players excell across the country so that's not an excuse. But look at qbs swoopes deserves to be at a junior college no clue how he made the team and he looks dumber than a box of rocks when he is out there. Heard has great skill set just needs a season and offseason. I think strong can turn it around with all the talent he really does have. Only if he can get a offensive coordinator that is more innovative with calls and gameplan and HAS to step up his qb recruitment. I think A&M has a top 2 pocket passer recruit in Allen and Murray in the waiting was a over all top 5 qb in country. I hate Texas though ha just think it's misleading that they don't get good players from Texas. But I do agree more and more kids are buying into Tcu and Baylor swag.
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Throw 7 million at Saban. You are the state university, have the network. If you want to be THE university of Texas, put the money into the most proven winner out there.

Boom
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2015
    fishboom wrote: »
    Throw 7 million at Saban. You are the state university, have the network. If you want to be THE university of Texas, put the money into the most proven winner out there.

Boom

If push came to shove, I'm pretty sure that Alabama would be able to come up with a few million more a year to keep Saban around. I can't see them ever losing him to another college program.
  • texastech21texastech21 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I think Texas wanted Saban and he just had no desire to leave. I think they told him they'd pay whatever he wanted. I think they need chip Kelly to be fired and get him. Get some excitement in the program.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    My bet is Chip Kelly will be the next Texas coach. If not him, then Hugh Freeze. Strong is a clown. He is in way over his head.
  • PerfectDriftPerfectDrift Junior Member
    edited October 2015
    It's Chip Kelly I would think also.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    strong can bring his ass to the heartland... we certainly can use a staff that doesn't play call to lose a game as they did Saturday. truly embarrassing. Never been so baffled...
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited October 2015
    fishboom wrote: »

Boom

I'm pretty sure they tried this before hiring Strong.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm in the minority but I like Strong a lot as a HC. Year 3 will be the telling year for him. He completely flipped the program and it's side. Growing pains are to be expected.
    edited October 2015
    Jake T. wrote: »
    I'm in the minority but I like Strong a lot as a HC. Year 3 will be the telling year for him. He completely flipped the program and it's side. Growing pains are to be expected.

I agree. It's way too early to be having this discussion seriously.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    All his coaching ability won't do him any good if he can't pull this team together.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25328372/texas-players-are-angry-with-each-other-sniping-on-twitter

Can anyone say ban twitter?
    edited October 2015
    Anyone want to set odds that Texas players are banned from social media before their game this week?
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2015
    7 million not gonna do the trick, considering the huge business Texas Football is they should offer more money so Saban has to at least think about it for a second. 10 million? 12 million? Not sure anything is too much to make football Saturdays relevant again in Austin.
    edited October 2015
    Bump!
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    When will they fire him?

Ya mean Stoops?
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    what a difference a week can make... fans vehemently chanting coaches name.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Ya mean Stoops?

Big game Bob, LMAO
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    LMAO sorry Okie think this knocks OU out of BCS
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Strong is in his second year, how can you fire a coach before his second season is over? Fans are way too impatient, give the guy a chance, I'm hearing some rumblings at USC about Sark, he's also in his second year, give these coaches some time, I don't get it
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Strong is in his second year, how can you fire a coach before his second season is over? Fans are way too impatient, give the guy a chance, I'm hearing some rumblings at USC about Sark, he's also in his second year, give these coaches some time, I don't get it

After his game management against Washington on Thursday I'm not surprised. No way USC should have lost that game.
    edited October 2015
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Charlie Strong high fives the first row of media members as his walks into his postgame press conference.</p>— Paul Myerberg (@PaulMyerberg) <a href=" 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Strong look, Charlie. <a href="http://t.co/aTOMcoVeM0">pic.twitter.com/aTOMcoVeM0</a></p>&mdash; ESPN (@espn) <a href=" 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Tortuga wrote: »
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Charlie Strong high fives the first row of media members as his walks into his postgame press conference.</p>— Paul Myerberg (@PaulMyerberg) <a href=" 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Strong look, Charlie. <a href="http://t.co/aTOMcoVeM0">pic.twitter.com/aTOMcoVeM0</a></p>&mdash; ESPN (@espn) <a href=" 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

Even a broken clock is right twice a day or in his case once a season.

My prediction ? They will struggle badly next week against K State.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Big game Bob, LMAO

Bump for "Big Game" Bob
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Bump for "Big Game" Bob

Lucked out in 2000 when he won his only national championship against Florida ST. Miami should have been in that game and would have lumped up Oklahoma.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Something interesting I noticed, his given name is Robert Anthony Stoops, RAS
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Something interesting I noticed, his given name is Robert Anthony Stoops, RAS

I love when he loses he's the biggest JO going him and his brother no respect for the working man.
    edited September 2016
    bump
    edited November 2016
    Strong finally gets canned.

Figured I'd bump the thread one last time.

I still think he'd have it turned around at some point but back to the drawing board for Texas.
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Now players are considering boycotting game against TCU over treatment of Strong. What a mess Texas is
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I think this issue also has some racial overtones..........excuse me but this hypnotic MSNBC rhetoric must be taking its toll on me:shifty: The recent loss to Kansas has Darrell Royal calling for the reinstatement of Mack Brown from the crypt. Get him the hell off the air as a monotone analyst.