Betting Talk

Top dynasties in sports

kanekane Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Sports Betting
Name your top three dynasties in sports history (admittedly I stole this from another place)

1) The Bill Russell Celtics, 11 championships from 1957-1969

2) The Montreal Canadiens, 16 Stanley Cups from the 50's through the 70's

3) The UConn women's basketball team, 10 championships from 1995 to present

There are a bunch more, but I'll go with those

Comments

• blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    John Wooden's UCLA Bruins
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    The Patriots in the salary cap era.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Nobody says my Yankees, They stood home for the summer and showed up at the world series.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    St. Louis Cardinals and San Antonio Spurs.

More so just great organizations rather than dynasties.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2015
    No one has mentioned the 1 true draft years dynasty(with all due respect to the Spurs and Pats who have had to deal with salary cap issues that changed the definition of dynasty), no years with everyone essentially a FA or NHL years of signing 12 year olds to C forms whether they would ever play for you or not. The NY Islanders. 4 straight Cups, lost in the finals in year 5, still an all-sports record 19 straight playoff winning series.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    No one has mentioned the 1 true draft years dynasty(with all due respect to the Spurs and Pats who have had to deal with salary cap issues that changed the definition of dynasty), no years with everyone essentially a FA or NHL years of signing 12 year olds to C forms whether they would ever play for you or not. The NY Islanders. 4 straight Cups, lost in the finals in year 5, still an all-sports record 19 straight playoff winning series.

Good one Stevie, although I'm not sure if a four year run qualifies as a dynasty. I'm actually an Islanders fan and those four years were fun as hell, their bid for a fifth straight cup ended at the hands of Edmonton and a young kid named Gretzky
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Good one Stevie, although I'm not sure if a four year run qualifies as a dynasty. I'm actually an Islanders fan and those four years were fun as hell, their bid for a fifth straight cup ended at the hands of Edmonton and a young kid named Gretzky

Year earlier they pimped Gretzky for Cup #4. You can count 5 years, only losing 1 playoff series in those years, amazing run, will never see again, loaded with HOF's. The late 70's Canadian teams and this Isles team got me into hockey, then a few years later the Isles disappointed every Red Wing fan by taking hometown fav Pat LaFontaine and sticking Detroit with some kid from Peterborough named Steve Yzerman. :)