Betting Talk

Very bad beat.

BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Sports Betting
Played the over 5 1/2 EDM/TOR game last night 5 goals were scored in 1st period and for the next 40 minutes 0 goals, now wouuld any reasonable person think if you had 5 goals with 40 minutes to play you have a VERY good chance to win the bet! Final score 4-1 and to compound the issue EDM had a 2 man advantage in 3rd period and did not score....:scare::cry:

Comments

• rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Amazing beat - I had one on Saturday Tulsa plus 3 vs UConn out scored I believe 16/2 in final 4 minutes
  • nvralocknvralock Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I jumped on the over 8.5 after the 1st period .....LOL ...... I knew that one was in trouble .....but everyone on the >5.5looked good .......its a cruel game
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Playing the devil's advocate here,

Wasn't the 5 goals in the 1st period already an abomination? Was the OVR 5.5 a +EV bet? When teams score 2 goals in the first 2 periods and then go for 4 in the final period, would you consider your 'over 5.5' bet a good bet to begin with?

But yes, I can understand that it's hard to need only 1 goal over the final 2 periods and then getting none.
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    BayOcean wrote: »
    Played the over 5 1/2 EDM/TOR game last night 5 goals were scored in 1st period and for the next 40 minutes 0 goals, now wouuld any reasonable person think if you had 5 goals with 40 minutes to play you have a VERY good chance to win the bet! Final score 4-1 and to compound the issue EDM had a 2 man advantage in 3rd period and did not score....:scare::cry:

I had that game too. Decided to go to bed, since it looked like it was pretty much going to go over. Of course I woke up with a dumbfounded like to see they didn't score that one goal.
  • FastEddieFastEddie Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    had the same bet over 5.5 in Oilers , to make last 7 days even more memorable I had Michigan State +7.5 over Wisky and the night before that had Kings +10.5 winning by 18 halftime only to loose by 14 , how easy to remember the bad beats , but also had Ole Miss other night , so you hope they all even out , good luck
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    FastEddie wrote: »
    had the same bet over 5.5 in Oilers , to make last 7 days even more memorable I had Michigan State +7.5 over Wisky and the night before that had Kings +10.5 winning by 18 halftime only to loose by 14 , how easy to remember the bad beats , but also had Ole Miss other night , so you hope they all even out , good luck

Wanna guess who I had? Lol! I had BYU. But I will say that I got lucky with UL Lafeyette on Saturday. They hit some lucky threes at a few seconds left.