Betting Talk

Seattle last play call

srn828srn828 Member
edited February 2015 in Sports Betting
Were the Patriots letting the clock run because the instructions were to let the runner into the end zone? Cannot believe the Seahawks did not run the ball with a timeout in hand...

Comments

• elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Unreal. I put $500 in my youwager.eu account two weeks ago. Was at 32K this morning. If Sea scores there, I'm at 50K instead 25K :( I knew I could never win that much :(
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    In 2 weeks you made 31.5k with 500. how many parlays you hit? is there a chance you can rent me that crystal ball ;)
    edited February 2015
    Didn't hit a single parlay that I can think of.
    edited February 2015
    elwayisgod wrote: »
    Didn't hit a single parlay that I can think of.

Nice Job. how much for the crystal ball?
    edited February 2015
    Actually 28K as I took 3K out last week. Dailies were:

+1291
    +1448
    +1010
    +880
    +5675
    +1370
    +7785
    +5550
    +2800
    +5638
    +14925
    +5343
    -7380 Today. Two pending losing props for about 500.

It was an incredible run to get fucked like that. But still happy, probably never happen again.
    edited February 2015
    I was + 43K at one point. I wonder if they will pay.
    edited February 2015
    I was + 43K at one point. I wonder if they will pay.

Don't worry the Latin King always pays. that's some run, congrats!!
    edited February 2015
    I went crazy on that catch and then crazy the other way on that INT. My girlfriend thought I was going to stroke out :)
    edited February 2015
    Why the hell didn't they run it? They had a timeout and 30 secs left.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't get why New England wasn't using their timeouts at the end. You can't take them home with you. Lynch runs to the 1 yard line with 1:04 left and New England has 2 time outs, but doesn't call one, and next play is snapped with 24 seconds left.
    edited February 2015
    Why the hell didn't they run it? They had a timeout and 30 secs left.

Every one in America is asking that question. One thing I've learned over the years watching the NFL, is that no matter what questions anyone has they always have a perfect answer.
    edited February 2015
    Never thought I could lose like that for that amount of coin.. Oh well
    edited February 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    I don't get why New England wasn't using their timeouts at the end. You can't take them home with you. Lynch runs to the 1 yard line with 1:04 left and New England has 2 time outs, but doesn't call one, and next play is snapped with 24 seconds left.

And in the meantime these Idiots want to investigate the deflating of balls issue. :shrr:
  • LatchdogLatchdog Member
    edited February 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    And in the meantime these Idiots want to investigate the deflating of balls issue. :shrr:

Deflect and forget
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I'll speculate as to why they didn't run the ball on second down. They had three plays left and only enough time to run on two of them, hence one has to be a pass. Second down is as good as any to be the passing down. The fault lies on Russel Wilson. The only thing he cannot do in that situation is throw a pick. He's been the luckiest QB on the face of the earth for the past two years and it looked like it was going to continue after the circus catch to put them in position, but his luck finally ran out.
    edited February 2015
    I'll speculate as to why they didn't run the ball on second down. They had three plays left and only enough time to run on two of them, hence one has to be a pass. Second down is as good as any to be the passing down. The fault lies on Russel Wilson. The only thing he cannot do in that situation is throw a pick. He's been the luckiest QB on the face of the earth for the past two years and it looked like it was going to continue after the circus catch to put them in position, but his luck finally ran out.

Lynch ran down to the 1 with about a minute left. If they line up and run two straight running plays and don't get in, they could have called time out, and then called a 4th down play. But, they took almost 40 seconds to run that one play and put themselves in that situation. Also had to call timeout on the Kearse play, just terrible end of the game management. New England not calling a TO there turned out to be a blessing.
    edited February 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    Lynch ran down to the 1 with about a minute left. If they line up and run two straight running plays and don't get in, they could have called time out, and then called a 4th down play. But, they took almost 40 seconds to run that one play and put themselves in that situation. Also had to call timeout on the Kearse play, just terrible end of the game management. New England not calling a TO there turned out to be a blessing.

It was in Seattle's best interest to let the clock run down so that New England wouldn't have enough time to get a FG to tie the game. Surprisingly, New England let them do that. Seattle did exactly what they should have, the just f'ed up the execution. Give Brady a minute to get into field goal range and he's very likely to do so.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Who has the final say on calling plays-- Coach or OC?
    edited February 2015
    It was in Seattle's best interest to let the clock run down so that New England wouldn't have enough time to get a FG to tie the game. Surprisingly, New England let them do that. Seattle did exactly what they should have, the just f'ed up the execution. Give Brady a minute to get into field goal range and he's very likely to do so.

Sure- but you could have done that handing the ball off to Lynch 3 straight times. The problem is, Carroll keeps saying he only had time to run two plays?? That is totally false. You could have easily run three running plays with a minute left and 1 timeout. Easily. How long is a play going to take from the 1 yard line. It's not like you are throwing a 40 yard pass and everyone has to run down field.
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited February 2015
    With 20 seconds left and 2nd down and 1 timeout, you were likely going to have to throw it once on 2nd or 3rd down, then do whatever want on 4th down. The issue is they let too much time go off the clock to be able to run it the last 3 downs.

Belichick not calling timeout at the end was a huge fail as well, but worked out.....
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited February 2015
    I understand why they threw but the "reasoning" they gave why they threw a pass is laughable. "It was a clock killing play". Pass plays don't "kill the clock". That was either going to be a TD, clock stops, an int, game over, or incomplete(clock stops). A pass on 2nd down after running the clock down to 24 sec with 1 timeout left maximizes your options on 3rd and 4th down. If you don't run the clock down deep before 2nd down and score on the play, you risk giving Brady too much time to send the game to OT(I think Seattle may have gotten confused that NE didn't call timeout after the 1st down play, thought they would have more time to prepare for the next 3 calls). The object is to run the clock down but not limit your options in case you need all 3 plays. You either do what the Pats do, run the ball on 2nd down, if you don't make it, line right up and run the same play, then use the timeout if needed or you throw on 2nd down, then you have run/pass options alive for both 3rd and 4th down because you still have the timeout left. Passing wasn't the bad call, the playcall was. If they ran a play fake to Lynch and rolled Wilson out and gave him a pass/run option with a TE, it runs a little more time off the clock and he probably walks into the end zone. If NE surprisingly has 1 guy out there, Wilson has the run/pass option read off that guy. If there is some sort of miracle and NE has two guys out there, he throws it into the stands and they go to 3rd down with all options on the table(2 plays to give it to Lynch). The world knew Lynch was getting the ball. If he isn't going to get it, you have to use that in your favor. 11 guys would have jumped him if they faked it to him. That formation smelled pass all along.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    ^^^^^^^^^^ Stevie nails it as usual.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Unreal. I put $500 in my youwager.eu account two weeks ago. Was at 32K this morning. If Sea scores there, I'm at 50K instead 25K :( I knew I could never win that much :(

After winning 10k playing non steam all my limits were slashed.......Also, they put up so many lines up late which makes it even harder to win........I have no idea how you have not been booted or given severe limit cuts.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Oh and I was put on a timer even before my limits were cut.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    MikeRAS wrote: »

Belichick not calling timeout at the end was a huge fail as well, but worked out.....

He spit the bit there and came out smelling likea rose. His best % options were #1 Let Seattle score or #2 use TO's. The SuperBowl loss to the NYG last second play calling was atrocious also. Throwing 40 yard bombs to a double and sometimes triple covered Randy Moss made Eli look likea a good thing.
    We all make crunch mistakes and he still is the best coach in the league.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    As a coach myself only on a much much much smaller scale I was and screaming at the tv asking why he wasn't calling the timeout. Belichick can say he noticed they weren't in the I-Pro set and knew they were going to pass all he wants but he was caught up in the moment. It makes zero sense in that situation with 2 timeouts to not use one on 2nd and 3rd down. That puts Seattle on the goal line on 4th down with still around 30-40 seconds left in the game. Plenty of time for Brady to drive down and possibly get a game tying FG. It's easy to dissect now for everyone but as someone said above absolutely anything can happen in a football game and typically does when you start to think you know what will take place. Talk about the highest of highs and the lowest of lows for the Hawks in a matter of 3 plays. Couldn't be happier as the scumbags from Seattle finally got what they had coming to them.
    edited February 2015
    Totally agree. I don't care what he knew about the next play, the chances of holding them three times from the 1 yard line were very slim. He's a lier and a cheater. True to his form he wouldn't admit his mistake. As much as I despise him, I hate the Seattle thugs and Pimp Carrol even more, so I'm good with the outcome as well.

Not sure if it's true, but my buddy said that there were 109 pass attempts from the 1 yard line in the NFL this year and that was the first interception.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    espn also threw out a stat that said Lynch was 1 for 4 in scoring a TD from the 1 yard line this year.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    BayOcean wrote: »
    Who has the final say on calling plays-- Coach or OC?

The quarterback.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    if the play works as designed which was an illegal rub play, they get backed up to the 11 yd line