Record 4-4 <0.30>
    Series Record 0-4 <4.50>

#962 San Francisco -125
    #963 Over 7 -120 Baltimore/K.City

Series Bet

Baltimore +165
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I know I'm just stating the obvious, but losing Molina is even bigger than people realize. I see where Pierzinski is getting the start today, which is a good move by Matheny, Cruz looked lost after entering the last game. I wonder if his injury was something he was already dealing with because before this series, the Cards put Pierzinski on the active roster, which makes me think the injury didn't just happen, the Cards must have known Yadi wasn't 100%, great move by them as at least AJ is a veteran. I can make the case no single player is as important to his team than Molina is to the Cardinals, and it's a shame a great player has to miss the rest of the playoffs (assuming the injury is as serious as it appears), but injuries are a part of the game and someone will have to step up for St Louis. I'm leaning Giants today, I like Hudson over Lackey, but don't know if I'm playing them, if anything a small play, but I have too much respect for the Cardinals to put anything more than a peanut against them. These playoffs have been so fucking good, I'm loving it. As for the O's and Royals, I'm expecting a tie game in extra innings and someone on KC will hit a game winning homer. If anyone believes in teams of destiny, the Royals are it, GL Old-Timer.
  • Matteo5Matteo5 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to highjack your thread OT, but well said kane. The cards are classy club and organization. Were I not a long-time Giants fan I would be pulling for the red birds. Either way, the National League will be well represented in the Series....and....I'll certainly second your thought that these have been some incredible playoffs! Take care and all the best to you and OT!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Matteo5 I always enjoy hearing from you so please don't worry about posting your thoughts and opinions they're always welcomed.

Yes I agree kane they had to know Molina wasn't a 100% to carry 3 catchers. Also it's sad to see a player who's that valuable to a team injured. He looked decent warming up but you never know how he's feeling. Great playoffs and yes it's always tough betting against the Cards anytime and betting against K.City in these playoffs is a little crazy you never feel comfortable regardless of the score.
    edited October 2014
    Wednesday 10/15

Record 5-5 <0.50>
    Series Record 0-4 <4.50>

Series Bet

Baltimore +165
    edited October 2014
    Wednesday 1015

#968 Under 7 +100 Baltimore/K.City
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    The under is 178-126 in games with Kulpa behind the plate, GL
    edited October 2014
    Thursday 10/16

Record 6-5 +0.50
    Series Record 0-5 <5.50>
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey OT, are you looking at anything in today's baseball? Looks like some steam for the Giants, I still think something's wrong with Wainwright. The guy's a horse, so you won't hear him making any excuses, but he's clearly not right. I came upon something interesting the other day, the last 18 playoff games in AT&T park, the over is 13-5, and while it's a small sample size, it's a little odd given how much of a pitcher's park it is, combined with the Giants lineup over the years has never scared anyone.
    edited October 2014
    I would bet the Giants if I had to but just going to pass. I can't believe not one team came back to win a series after losing the first game. Not a one. IMO I said it before Wainwright isn't right but to play the Over the way Bum is pitching is tough. 6 is tempting but I'll pass and say Good Luck.

Oh hello Contra is my spelling okay? You'll have to forgive me I had people who did that stuff for me. How did you make out.
  • brickhandsbrickhands Member
    edited October 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I would bet the Giants if I had to but just going to pass. I can't believe not one team came back to win a series after losing the first game. Not a one. IMO I said it before Wainwright isn't right but to play the Over the way Bum is pitching is tough. 6 is tempting but I'll pass and say Good Luck.

Oh hello Contra is my spelling okay? You'll have to forgive me I had people who did that stuff for me. How did you make out.

That is hilarious...made me laugh out loud. LOL for you old timer :)
    edited October 2014
    Friday 10/17

Record 6-5 +0.50
    Series Record 0-5 <5.50>

Since I have a 22/1 shot for a C on the Giants this should do it for Baseball. <5.00> for the playoffs but a good year and sorry to see it go.

A little Pre-Season NBA tonight

#659 Toronto +1.5
    #664 Clips -4

Good Luck
    edited October 2014
    Correction the line on the Clip is -4.5. Not being used in a record but the correct line is -4.5
  • Matteo5Matteo5 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Hope you collect on that future OT...:) and it was a good year in bases for you and the board. Thanks for sharing your insight!