Betting Talk

RAS Total Problems?

getsome22getsome22 Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
Totals were not available on my book just now (Thursday) for Saturday's games. This time week the totals were up.

Book uses a Puerto Rican outsource.

Anyone else have problems getting the lines? I'm thinking the totals were taken down for protection against this release.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Comments

• getsome22getsome22 Member
    edited September 2014
    *Update: Totals miraculously showed up 15 minutes after release, all out of reach.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    getsome22 wrote: »
    *Update: Totals miraculously showed up 15 minutes after release, all out of reach.

Not uncommon and has happened to all of us.......
    edited September 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »
    Not uncommon and has happened to all of us.......

Did that problem persist?
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Yes , or they brought them back up with small limits............you gotta have a few shops to bet RAS.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Did that problem persist?

Not for the book.
    edited September 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Not for the book.

Ain't that the truth.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I still don't have totals for Saturdays game, first time in 10 years they have waited this long. I don't play RAS due to not being around when he releases, but still have no totals available.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited September 2014
    More books do have them than don't.
  • rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Copps same reason I don't subscribe wish I could but job won't allow me the freedom to play the numbers at the release times!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    rcmoney wrote: »
    Copps same reason I don't subscribe wish I could but job won't allow me the freedom to play the numbers at the release times!

I've wondered how East Coast people play them, I can't do shit at work so it's impossible for me. Wish I could.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I can top that, I have an account that changed my profile this week to only list odds on the day of the game only, that's sides and totals. No change in credit or game limits. Just because your a bookie doesn't mean you like to gamble. If the guy doesn't want my play, he will get just that.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Coops wrote: »
    I've wondered how East Coast people play them, I can't do shit at work so it's impossible for me. Wish I could.

Working from home (and pretty much on my own schedule) certainly helps. :)
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    It is certainly a challenge as I have one book that I use and know that I have to be on the phone with an operator to get the number. After three plays yesterday, they shoved me to customer service and I missed the number. Luckily, the operator took the call on the next few plays. Now I just have to call in 2 minutes prior and dick around asking lines on other games and waiting for the release. There is no way that you can be fast enough to enter the plays on the computer and get the number anymore.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    It is certainly a challenge as I have one book that I use and know that I have to be on the phone with an operator to get the number. After three plays yesterday, they shoved me to customer service and I missed the number. Luckily, the operator took the call on the next few plays. Now I just have to call in 2 minutes prior and dick around asking lines on other games and waiting for the release. There is no way that you can be fast enough to enter the plays on the computer and get the number anymore.

I'm surprised you can get the number over the phone. I would think that would take so much longer. "Please confirm with your password that you have max bet on 413 Riverside -2"
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I was able to get the sides, but not the totals this week. Have 4 outs that i used for sides.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited September 2014

good idea...same deal for my local..ask for a few lines from the big tv games then once released ask for the release.
    edited September 2014
    *Update- Now side lines are not up for Monday RAS release. Book is definitely delaying availability specifically until RAS picks come out. SMH.
  • mjnapcomjnapco Member
    edited September 2014
    I have a question, hopefully someone can answer it, it regards what most others are having trouble with..... Why are the lines moving so quickly? I get my play in literally less then 3 seconds, I have it down to a total science --- dual screens, macro input on password, etc. I can pretty much guarantee that no one gets it in quicker then i do, so how is it moving if no one else has put through a play yet ahead of me?
    edited September 2014
    They are moving so quickly because so a significant amount of money is being laid on the same line (RAS line) you are laying. Are you saying you are not getting the line RAS releases? 3 seconds should be working successfully.
    mjnapco wrote: »
    I have a question, hopefully someone can answer it, it regards what most others are having trouble with..... Why are the lines moving so quickly? I get my play in literally less then 3 seconds, I have it down to a total science --- dual screens, macro input on password, etc. I can pretty much guarantee that no one gets it in quicker then i do, so how is it moving if no one else has put through a play yet ahead of me?
  • mjnapcomjnapco Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the reply!...... Yes i am saying that I am not getting the RAS line. I'll give you an example from today and I'll tell you exactly what happened. When the clock reached 0:00 on the release page the play pops up immediately. Within 3 seconds, maybe 4-5 seconds, but i promise it's no longer then that, the line moves. Today i was able to get two plays in at the RAS release, but the other two lines moved on me. Now i will say that the sides are easier then the totals. The totals last week were tough for me, again within 3 seconds I got my play in and the totals moved, in fact every single one of them moved on me. Why is that?
    They are moving so quickly because so a significant amount of money is being laid on the same line (RAS line) you are laying. Are you saying you are not getting the line RAS releases? 3 seconds should be working successfully.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    mjnapco wrote: »

every book/pph etc is well aware of these plays, they are probably subscribed and auto moving the lines.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited September 2014

I doubt there is any big $$$ getting down on his release lines. I think it is what Durito said, books are subscribing and adjusting him before anybody gets to bang them with high limits.
  • James702James702 Member
    edited September 2014
    Are we getting more sides on Tuesday between 9:00-9:30 ?
    edited September 2014
    James702 wrote: »
    Are we getting more sides on Tuesday between 9:00-9:30 ?

No, sides will always be on Monday or Tuesday unless otherwise indicated.
    edited September 2014
    Edward, how would releasing totals on Friday vs Thursday affect you and your clients (myself included)? If this were to be done, I think I could get the lines. The book simply could not wait until Friday to delay the lines. Even better, would it ever be possible to release lines on the day of the games played or is this not possible? Thanks for any response.
    RightAngle wrote: »
    No, sides will always be on Monday or Tuesday unless otherwise indicated.
    edited September 2014
    Edward, how would releasing totals on Friday vs Thursday affect you and your clients (myself included)? If this were to be done, I think I could get the lines. The book simply could not wait until Friday to delay the lines. Even better, would it ever be possible to release lines on the day of the games played or is this not possible? Thanks for any response.

In general lines get tighter the closer it is to game start time, so the most likely affect would be less volume and/or edge.

We encourage and consider all feedback, but so far there hasn't been nearly enough demand to think about changing it.
    edited September 2014
    Understandable. Thanks.
    RightAngle wrote: »
    In general lines get tighter the closer it is to game start time, so the most likely affect would be less volume and/or edge.

We encourage and consider all feedback, but so far there hasn't been nearly enough demand to think about changing it.