Betting Talk

Baseball trivia on a slow day No Google Please

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
Who was the first player to get a hit for two different teams in two different cities in the same day.

Hint: It happened a little over 30 years ago .

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Youngblood; Dad told me!
    Do not know first name
    Do I win a lunch???
    BEST
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes you do Okie, Leave it to the old guys JK. First name Joel

Next time I see you Lunch on me and the Reb of course is invited and of course anyone else in town that day.

EDIT: For those that may be interested he had the game winning hit for the Mets in a day game was traded to Montreal and played in a night game and had a base hit for Montreal in that game.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Yes you do Okie, Leave it to the old guys JK. First name Joel

Next time I see you Lunch on me and the Reb of course is invited and of course anyone else in town that day.

EDIT: For those that may be interested he had the game winning hit for the Mets in a day game was traded to Montreal and played in a night game and had a base hit for Montreal in that game.

I always liked this one. What are the 2 most northern cities to ever host a World Series?
    edited August 2014
    Would Toronto be one?
    edited August 2014
    Here's another, what pitcher pitched a no hitter and hit 2 Home Runs in the same game. He was the only one in the history of baseball to do this. Post WW11
  • pettifoggerpettifogger Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Worm, hadda been Beantown Minneapolis.
    edited August 2014
    Got one for you. Unlike OT you can google the sh-t out of it.
    Who officiated in the '58 Yanks-Braves World Series and 2 months later in the "Greatest Game Ever Played" between Colts- Giants ?
    edited August 2014
    Here's another, what pitcher pitched a no hitter and hit 2 Home Runs in the same game. He was the only one in the history of baseball to do this. Post WW11

Sandy Mantle ?
    edited August 2014
    Would Toronto be one?

Toronto is incorrect
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    I always liked this one. What are the 2 most northern cities to ever host a World Series?

The best trick question of MLB trivia. Should I ruin it with the answer? :)
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited August 2014
    rick wise
    edited August 2014
    Minneapolis and Bloomington MN.
    edited August 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    Minneapolis and Bloomington MN.

Yeh always liked that one, being from Minnesota. And we also get to complain to everyone that yes we are north of Toronto.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Good one from a sports radio station..obviously was last week.

Q: Derek Jeter passed Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time hit list last night. Who are the only two pitchers to allow a hit to both Jeter and Yaz?
    edited August 2014
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Good one from a sports radio station..obviously was last week.

Q: Derek Jeter passed Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time hit list last night. Who are the only two pitchers to allow a hit to both Jeter and Yaz?

Jim Kaat and Nolan Ryan ?
    edited August 2014
    Jim Kaat and Nolan Ryan ?

nope
    edited August 2014
    Dennis Martinez?
    edited August 2014
    Dennis Martinez?

correct one more..
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    nevermind
    edited August 2014
    I was thinking Jamie Moyer but he started in the NL so he probably never faced Yaz. I'm having a brain fade. Who was the kid the A's called up as an 18 year old back in the 70's. Can't believe I can't remember his damn name. He had a long career so he could have faced them both and he started in the AL. He pitched for a lot of teams, remember him pitching for the Cubs, had a couple really good seasons with them. I'm going to be pissed when I hear his name. :)
    edited August 2014
    #2 Bert Blyleven ?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Stevie, I think I know who you're talking about. Was his last name Morgan? Can't remember his first name if this is who you're thinking of.
    edited August 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Stevie, I think I know who you're talking about. Was his last name Morgan? Can't remember his first name if this is who you're thinking of.

Yeah, Mike Morgan. Duh. :)
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, Mike Morgan. Duh. :)

Bingo..
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    worm33 wrote: »

Just a wild guess-- Seattle and Minneapolis.

Just read down and see I'm half right.
    edited August 2014
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Bingo..

Not wishing to become the proverbial "Baby Ruth in the punchbowl " after I made my 2nd and ultimately futile guess I googled the answer. Top selection was "Only HOF pitcher to face Yaz and Jeter?" Answer
    Dennis Eckersley.
  • Joey KnishJoey Knish Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Tony Cloninger on the no-hitter, home run question.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Some basketball trivia, this is kind of an easy one. Who made the first three point shot in NBA history, and what team did he play for?
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Some basketball trivia, this is kind of an easy one. Who made the first three point shot in NBA history, and what team did he play for?

Hint: most people think it was Ford for the C's but it's not and right now I can't think of his name.

Edit: Playing Poker right now :)
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Hint: most people think it was Ford for the C's but it's not and right now I can't think of his name.

Edit: Playing Poker right now :)

Holy shit OT, you're right. All my life I always thought it was Chris Ford of the Celtics, but now I see it wasn't, how could I have been wrong about this all this time? I guess if I ask a trivia question I should know the correct answer, but all these years I always thought it was Ford, I can't be the only one who's always thought this, very weird to me.