Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    At least we got the Padrones home, we go 2-2 and still lose. I have never witnessed in my life any model ever spit out this many chalks.
    I think someone hacked his black box and put a nasty virus in it.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Ur right padres won.. Atleast we want 2-2
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    apparently betting everygame on the board is today's strategy
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Heritage selling short today, that's a switch from what I've seen previously.
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited June 2014
    jm wrote: »
    apparently betting everygame on the board is today's strategy

I had mentioned a few days ago a good amount of releases are within a couple cents of strike price. It does not take much for a 3 game card to turn into a 7 game card. Nor does it take much for what appears to be a 7 game card on the overnight turn into a 3 game card. I am well aware that each favorite released and heavy volume cards will be under scrutiny. But I have to see past that and act on what I deem is in the best interest of the subscriber base.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    nice run !
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    nice run !
    kiss of death for us superstitious types...
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    These Pirate 9th innings are not good for my mental health
    edited June 2014

As is the Red Sox 1-9 innings for mine.
    edited June 2014

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    As is the Red Sox 1-9 innings for mine.

Pretty sure we are doing worse on Tigers.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Rays need to wake up with runners on base... plenty of game left but man.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Pretty sure we are doing worse on Tigers.

Thank god verlander/danks got rained out last week
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank god verlander/danks got rained out last week

No one in their right mind should bet Verlander at this point. At any number. He can't throw strikes and his velocity is down. The Tigers killed him.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    No one in their right mind should bet Verlander at this point. At any number. He can't throw strikes and his velocity is down. The Tigers killed him.

Pretty much agree. This is from current observation not prior stale stats. I know you don't mean any #.
    edited June 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Pretty much agree. This is from current observation not prior stale stats.

Ron,
    This isn't nonsense after the fact stuff. He's been bad. His name recognition still accouns for numbers that are exceeding his performance.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Yep, Leyland, PCoach Jones overworked this guy. They also didn't help the injured flame-thrower Zumaya. Triple digit fastball reliever. Nice work they're doing with the 'pen. Nathan, Coke and Albuqre. They can't get me out.
    Verlander's living high with that POA Kate Upton though.
    edited June 2014
    I'm the worst guy on the planet that's been an against the overuse of pitchers. (At least someone that thinks it hurts a pitcher long-term). I follow HS/College baseball and I see this stuff all the time. You can see it with MLB. lI'm thinking Dusty Baker has killed guys, Leyland has killed guys,....(fill in the blank has killed guys)

But as soon as I say this, I'm sure that, there will be someone disputing that info. I get it. People have there own opinion. I don't give a ....about opinion I just track performance. Ask the moron NY Yankees how they feel about CC Sabathia after the Brewers/Indians killed him and now he's hurt and can't throw 88mph? And they have him signed for how many more years?
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I think all those Need for speed video games turned Velander's brain to mush and fucked his eyes up. :)
    I agree with ED this guy is done. And regarding Sabathia the Yankees really don't care they just need to fill seats with house hold names on the field.
    I heard after Jeter leaves the Yankees will be cutting their ticket price down. Just Rumors for now but we shall see.
    edited June 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    I think all those Need for speed video games turned Velander's brain to mush and fucked his eyes up. :)
    I agree with ED this guy is done. And regarding Sabathia the Yankees really don't care they just need to fill seats with house hold names on the field.
    I heard after Jeter leaves the Yankees will be cutting their ticket price down. Just Rumors for now but we shall see.

I went twice last year to Yankee stadium. No one was there. The 2nd time I went I gave a $100 ticket to the person TAKING tickets as I couldn't get rid of it. Told them to give it to someone. Tried quick to scalp it but it's not the same. Still had a good time but man is it a different crowd.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    200+ innings and banging Kate Upton 5 times a day would ruin me legs too
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited June 2014

His velocity is actually on an uptick right now. He's touched 97/98 during his last 2 outings. Yes, he's had some command issues. And yes, betting Verlander over the last season and a half has been the equivilant to lighting cash on fire. But he's not as bad as you make him out to be, and all indications are that as the season progresses, he's improving...
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I've never espoused any particular competency at MLB betting and have certainly never been accused of being in my right mind, but FWIW I bet Verlander -139. Lost in the shuffle here is that Jason Vargas isn't anything special and has overperformed his peripherals. Even Verlander's crappy K rate this year is still slightly better than Vargas's, as is his FIP.
    edited June 2014
    Also Vargas is a pretty extreme airball pitcher and the ball should be carrying pretty well tonight. If my pick loses, I'll grant Edward permission to commit me to the looney bin.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Agree with the last 2 posters. Played Detroit just now as well.
  • jaysonjayson Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Can someone post tonight's plays? I renewed my subscription but can't get anyone to reset my log in. Post or email. Thanks
    edited June 2014
    Glad to see BG and I will be roommates in the padded cell. It'll be nice to have someone to talk to aside from myself.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Glad to see BG and I will be roommates in the padded cell. It'll be nice to have someone to talk to aside from myself.

Screw baseball, we need a goal out of Ghana
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2014

Me as well. Already regretting it he's just not comfortable out there he's thrown about 80 percent fastballs and I think 1 swing and miss. His fastball command has actually been pretty good I'm sure 2nd and 3rd time through he will mix better.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    He's done. Have fun paying him 28mil a year the next 4.