Betting Talk

Top 3 concerts you've ever been to?

2»

Comments

• spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    1. Pink Floyd, Richfield Coliseum 1988

Attended many others but nothing came close that one.

The one I regret not attending was one of the World Series of Rock concerts held in the 70's at Cleveland Municipal Stadium (several of my friends attended this one and others):

Fleetwood Mac, Bob Welch, The Cars, Todd Rundgren &Utopia, Eddie Money, 1978 -- talk about getting your money's worth
  • MikeNyceMikeNyce Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Seen Ozzy a few years back with Crue at the Ozzfest.
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Late 80's and early 90's... Grateful Dead- Chicago Tom Petty-St. Louis Cypress Hill-Iowa City Special Mention- R.A.M., Van Halen (Hagar), Motley Crue and The Cult
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    3. Live - Crowbar in State College, PA (February 1997) - They were pretty much at their peak, selling out 15-20k arenas and ready to release their Secret Samadhi album. Before they went out on tour, they started it out with a show at Penn State (they're from central Pennsylvania) at the Crowbar, which holds about 600 people I'd guess (I saw a lot of other up and coming bands or bands that had already peaked like Fuel, Jimmie's Chicken Shack, Blessid Union of Souls, Belly, but never another band that was in their prime). It was so great seeing them in such a small venue and they put on an incredible show that night.

Good call. I remember my roommate going to this. And I didn't go, can't remember why. My PSU "concert" memories consist of John Cunningham at Cafe 210, drinking $2 Long Island Iced Teas from 6-8pm on Fridays.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    jets96 wrote: »

procap ....did living color open for the stones in 89 , if they did I was at that concert , well one of them...it rained the night I was there, 8th row .
    Not procap but yes living color did open for the stones in 89. Saw them in Dallas that year
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2014
    mjc257 wrote: »
    Good call. I remember my roommate going to this. And I didn't go, can't remember why. My PSU "concert" memories consist of John Cunningham at Cafe 210, drinking $2 Long Island Iced Teas from 6-8pm on Fridays.

I'm sure we've been there at the same time then, because I was there pretty much every Friday from the time I turned 21 until I graduated (and also would still hit it up when I went back for Homecoming/Arts Fest/etc). I actually saw him play with the Screaming Ducks about 4-5 years ago and he told me about all the issues that he had with his voice, and the fact that he had surgery and will likely never be able to sing again. Seeing JC on Wednesdays at the Brewrey and Fridays at the Caf? are some of my favorite memories of college.
  • coyleraycoyleray Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    There is only one concert...Bruce Springsteen and E-Street Band..
    Joe Walsh very good also
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    I'm sure we've been there at the same time then, because I was there pretty much every Friday from the time I turned 21 until I graduated (and also would still hit it up when I went back for Homecoming/Arts Fest/etc). I actually saw him play with the Screaming Ducks about 4-5 years ago and he told me about all the issues that he had with his voice, and the fact that he had surgery and will likely never be able to sing again. Seeing JC on Wednesdays at the Brewrey and Fridays at the Caf? are some of my favorite memories of college.

I rarely went to The Brewery. I was a Saloon for $5 Monkey Boy pitchers and Cafe 210 guy. And Sports Cafe on corner of College/Burrowes because that was down the street from my apartment (Park Place). I think Sports Cafe opened in '98 or '99. Not even sure if it's there anymore.

I remember hearing JC had throat cancer or something a few years ago and could no longer sing, which is sad because he was a freaking awesome guy. Got a chance to meet him at a graduation party around 2001.
  • BobbyBingoBobbyBingo Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    The Who Chicago Stadium 1976
    The Who Los Angeles Coliseum 1989
    The Who with Pearl Jam House of Blues Chicago 2002
  • TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I've never felt younger at 38 reading this thread :)