still very pricey weeklys with a lot of volume

trading SCTY this afternoon
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Reb,

Two questions:

How do they release Tuesday's decision

If negative, do they wait a year

It should be halted tomorrow during the panel, the length and timing of the panel and decision is anybody's guess but I would tend to believe mid to late afternoon tomorrow east coast time. If there would be a negative vote, then it would fall pretty hard as their would be assumptions that it would be a nail in the coffin...however, I would suggest you and others that have an investment in it read the comment from OPC11 (there are other good knowledgeable comments as well but he hits on a couple of key points from the briefing docs) on the following SA article http://seekingalpha.com/article/2117903-mannkinds-latest-critic-the-fda-has-joined-the-chorus-of-missing-data-concerns....you can read the article but the comment(s) that I refer to carries a lot more credibility and weight...the author of the article admits to going off Tarot card readings lol.....as for the meeting, my oldest son is suppose to attend so if anything of substance is worth noting in his interpretation I will post it tomorrow. As you would say....Best ;-)
  • ChrisTChrisT Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    TheReb wrote: »
    It should be halted tomorrow during the panel, the length and timing of the panel and decision is anybody's guess but I would tend to believe mid to late afternoon tomorrow east coast time. If there would be a negative vote, then it would fall pretty hard as their would be assumptions that it would be a nail in the coffin...however, I would suggest you and others that have an investment in it read the comment from OPC11 (there are other good knowledgeable comments as well but he hits on a couple of key points from the briefing docs) on the following SA article http://seekingalpha.com/article/2117903-mannkinds-latest-critic-the-fda-has-joined-the-chorus-of-missing-data-concerns....you can read the article but the comment(s) that I refer to carries a lot more credibility and weight...the author of the article admits to going off Tarot card readings lol.....as for the meeting, my oldest son is suppose to attend so if anything of substance is worth noting in his interpretation I will post it tomorrow. As you would say....Best ;-)

Reb,
    Again thanks for all the posts. Is there a specific blog you will be following tomorrow or just gathering info from your son? Either way look forward to tomorrow.
    edited March 2014
    ChrisT wrote: »
    Reb,
    Again thanks for all the posts. Is there a specific blog you will be following tomorrow or just gathering info from your son? Either way look forward to tomorrow.

This person (Matese) as they are known by on the Yahoo MB will be doing a live blog, has done them before as well:

http://widget00.mibbit.com/?settings=e8ed2c13c030aefd52a98054b9d977e0&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23MNKD

Believe you just have to hit the connect button from what I understand. Also the two links that JMU supplied, the one from thestreet.com I am definitely not listening to as that is Adam Feuerstein's and I have no respect for nor attribute much credibility to. The other link is directly from the FDA for $200 as stated. I may be doing that one from my office with a few others but for those that don't want to incur the cost, the link from Matese should suffice. GL to all of us longs ;-)
    edited March 2014
    This person (Matese) as they are known by on the Yahoo MB will be doing a live blog, has done them before as well:

http://widget00.mibbit.com/?settings=e8ed2c13c030aefd52a98054b9d977e0&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23MNKD

Believe you just have to hit the connect button from what I understand. Also the two links that JMU supplied, the one from thestreet.com I am definitely not listening to as that is Adam Feuerstein's and I have no respect for nor attribute much credibility to. The other link is directly from the FDA for $200 as stated. I may be doing that one from my office with a few others but for those that don't want to incur the cost, the link from Matese should suffice. GL to all of us longs ;-)

Actually what JMU posted is the outline of the day's program, here is the link to be able to purchase the viewing webcast for $200

http://www.fdalive.com/webcastselect.cfm?meetingkey=10489
    edited March 2014
    This article came out today in a this diabetic publication, it is from the editor and she also states that her managing editor along with her will be presenting to the panel as well tomorrow:

http://www.diatribe.org/issues/62/from-the-editor?utm_source=diaTribe&utm_campaign=2db9bdf7f7-diaTribe_Issue_62&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_75cdadd67f-2db9bdf7f7-410691921
    edited April 2014
    Reb,
    Any comments at the half way point?
  • haveseenithaveseenit Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    IMO it is going very well.........but we'll see .
    edited April 2014
    I'll be shocked if it doesn't pass , however , I would expect some pretty stiff labeling requirements .
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited April 2014
    hearing 13-1 yes vote
    edited April 2014
    13-1--1 for T1............need T2 to pass
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    14-0 for type 2!

After hour trading to start at 5:30 est time.

Thanks Reb!!!!!
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    14-0 for T2 YES
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2014
    adam feuerstein: MNKD longs -- drink a good craft beer tonight.
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    will resume trading at 6:10 and 6:15 per twitter (not the greatest source but lets see)

@JJThommy 1m
    20 minutes for trade resumption on $MNKD. Should be a fireworks show to say the least :)
    edited April 2014
    Skeptical of "fireworks" but we'll see. 4/15 is the big one. Wonder if shorts can hold on that long. I'm was surprised by the overwhelming votes though. As mentioned before it seems there will be strict labeling on it. I'll wait to see what Reb has to say.
    edited April 2014
    Awesome , congrats to everyone !!!!!!!!
    edited April 2014
    Up, $4.90, to $ 8.90 after hours!!!

Gitty up!!!
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Trading at 8.91 right now http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/mnkd/after-hours

Margin man will come knocking tomm on the Shorts door will probably push this above 10

Great Job Reb and to everyone who held strong.. Congrats!!
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2014
  • wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Reb and all who posted !!! So will this go higher tomorrow? 10? 12+? Any thoughts are appreciated...
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Glass of Beer

Biggest ribeye and a bottle of Cakebread

Class act again, REB

Hits 10+ Wed IMHO

The vote shocked me 13-1 and 14-0

This product is a world innovation

Don't sell to fast

BEST
    edited April 2014
    Believe it or not, I'm thrilled for the Diabetics the most....I was in tears watching the testimonials during the public session, it was the people that need it and are demanding it that overwhelmed the panel and the FDA reps they deserve all the credit IMO. I knew when the first person spoke having known him from the MNKD msg board and how he described himself on the board and how he described how great the product was when he was in the trial that he would get their attention. We're we go from here, that was the major first step and approval should follow from the FDA on 4/15 if not before....there will be labeling and post studies required most likely for people with COPD and other pulmonary issues. Having said that, the biggest coup for the company is getting the technology approved at the same time. The way they process the drug and create the powder form so it can get into the deep lung is where they have 1000 patents submitted with 550 approved already. So if you don't need the cash right now I would take only what you want and leave the rest to grow with the company or eventually it gets bought by Big Pharma. I will have to look at the options and open interest to get a read of pricing levels as well. Will do that this evening and post prior to the open tomorrow. Great day and thrilled for everyone that tailed. Have a great evening...I'm going out and will have a toast to all of you -CHEERS!
    edited April 2014
    Amen Reb! Many thanks to you for your input on this.

Now, about this ONVO...kidding.

Take care!
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited April 2014
    many thanks for the recommendation. I bot the April 5/7 call spread for 50 cents. looks like it will go out at 2.00. 3-1 payout, better that Florida
    edited April 2014
    Believe it or not, I'm thrilled for the Diabetics the most....I was in tears watching the testimonials during the public session, it was the people that need it and are demanding it that overwhelmed the panel and the FDA reps they deserve all the credit IMO. I knew when the first person spoke having known him from the MNKD msg board and how he described himself on the board and how he described how great the product was when he was in the trial that he would get their attention. We're we go from here, that was the major first step and approval should follow from the FDA on 4/15 if not before....there will be labeling and post studies required most likely for people with COPD and other pulmonary issues. Having said that, the biggest coup for the company is getting the technology approved at the same time. The way they process the drug and create the powder form so it can get into the deep lung is where they have 1000 patents submitted with 550 approved already. So if you don't need the cash right now I would take only what you want and leave the rest to grow with the company or eventually it gets bought by Big Pharma. I will have to look at the options and open interest to get a read of pricing levels as well. Will do that this evening and post prior to the open tomorrow. Great day and thrilled for everyone that tailed. Have a great evening...I'm going out and will have a toast to all of you -CHEERS!

I expect by the end of the day after some huge volume and volatility that there will be a relatively modest gain....the premiums on the options should come in a fair amount now that this first binary event is out of the way....there is still 4/15 and even though there is a high probability of approval, it would not be unprecedented for the FDA to not approve it. I still believe the short side will not go away quietly on this one, and until MNKD can get a partner they will keep some pressure on it IMO. I will most likely sell my May call positions today and keep my stock until further notice. GL everyone!
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow. I've followed this thread a bit. Congrats to everyone who bought it. Unfortunately I did not, but I follow it everyday. Nice one Reb!
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited April 2014
    Nice call so far Reb. I went for the home run with the options so I'm not in the money yet but I love the huge one day jump. Lets get past 4/15 and we should have this thing well over 13 by August!
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Question- With all this news public now, In theory the market is now very aware of what the value is on MNKD so it wont go up much more? Novice question I'm sure. Very nice call Reb, you know your stuff.