Betting Talk

RAS March Thread Discussion

Comments

• munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Maybe we get lucky...the release was made pretty close to post, was this injury info disclosed between 10:10 and tipoff?
  • mrwanker2umrwanker2u Member
    edited March 2014
    hey Edward its only money. what did the line close at 1 1/2? we arent that far off from closing line. stranger things have happened.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    May I ask why my post was deleted? I believe both injuries were important and I was told by Shoebox that only one of the injuries mattered. Please let me know if pointing out things such as a line service or other information pertaining to a play is disallowed when it comes to your plays?
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited March 2014
    I should have known when I got +2.5 on a ras pick I was being hooked. Damn come on uab !
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    jakenhl wrote: »
    May I ask why my post was deleted? I believe both injuries were important and I was told by Shoebox that only one of the injuries mattered. Please let me know if pointing out things such as a line service or other information pertaining to a play is disallowed when it comes to your plays?

You posted in the pick thread. that's probably why it got deleted. at least that's my guess. looks like all the other posts got deleted from that thread
    edited March 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    You posted in the pick thread. that's probably why it got deleted. at least that's my guess. looks like all the other posts got deleted from that thread
    thanks
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited March 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    You posted in the pick thread. that's probably why it got deleted.

Correct.

To reiterate what Jakenhl posted, two starters, Washington & Rucker out due to medical reasons for UAB. Washington had missed last regular season game but had returned to practice and all indications were that he would be fine tonight. Rucker injury apparently happened in practice today and came out of nowhere. We released UAB about 45 seconds before news hit.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Apparently not. I was just going to ask if there's any way to set the forum that it sends you notifications regardless of whether you click on the thread or not. (2+2 does it that way, but this forum apparently doesn't send you additional notifications, you only get one notification, and then no more, until you click on the thread.) It's highly annoying to have to click on the thread a bunch of times because people are talking about some injury in the picks thread.

That seems to be the problem, you get the first notification, but not the follow up one's. I got the pick, but never got the second post he made in the thread tonight.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Just horrible timing on the UAB release. What an adventure these 9 picks have been. F-me.

Curious why such an adventure if you want to elaborate. Could care less about W-L, as we all know you know what the fuck you are doing.
    edited March 2014
    kass101 wrote: »
    Curious why such an adventure if you want to elaborate. Could care less about W-L, as we all know you know what the fuck you are doing.

Feel like we've played some real strong stuff (before today's debacle) yet here we are at 4-5. Just was me venting a bit. There still should be some good opportunities coming.
  • shoeboxshoebox Member
    edited March 2014
    mine was deleted as well and i am aware of the posting rules, but where else would i have put that post with that information, i am pretty sure my post saved people some money at least the ones who know who i am. It was time sensitive info an needed to be placed right by the pick. Also Jake, I didnt mean only one matter in the sense you took it, I meant it was the only one that came out AFTER Eds release and literally about 90 seconds after, the other injuries I am pretty sure a pro like him was already aware of.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I wasn't around last night, but as mentioned, the posts were deleted because the "PICKS ONLY" threads stickied at the top of the forum are to be used for picks only and no one but the author of the thread should be posting in it... period.

All other comments/questions should be posted in the corresponding discussion thread (in this case, this thread). If you feel it's something urgent like last night's info, I wouldn't have a problem with a new thread being started either.

Disagreeing with the policy or feeling that an exception is warranted is not up to you (unless it's your thread). Thanks for understanding.
    edited March 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    I wasn't around last night, but as mentioned, the posts were deleted because the "PICKS ONLY" threads stickied at the top of the forum are to be used for picks only and no one but the author of the thread should be posting in it... period.

All other comments/questions should be posted in the corresponding discussion thread (in this case, this thread). If you feel it's something urgent like last night's info, I wouldn't have a problem with a new thread being started either.

Disagreeing with the policy or feeling that an exception is warranted is not up to you (unless it's your thread). Thanks for understanding.
    I can't see how last night posting in that that thread could have been anything but acceptable. Hundreds of thousands of dollars are wagered on his plays. That line moved in favor of Ed then against Ed and then more piling on from the RAS side and then once again buyback. Without knowledge of why the buyback. The uninformed believe they are getting a great number with the RAS play. People should be able to see information that is extremely relevant in that type of situation. As you said you were not even around. Some of us are always around. This is what we do and it is important.
    Good luck
    Eddie
    edited March 2014
    Not advocating either side of the discussion, but here's what I saw. The play was posted at 10:10. Heritage listed the tip time as 10:20. At 10:13, I placed the bet as UAB-2.5 (-109). Heritage kicked it back and asked me to accept -118, which I did, figuring it was typical of RAS generated plays. Tough scenario for Ed and any of us who were online that late looking for action.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I can't see how last night posting in that that thread could have been anything but acceptable. Hundreds of thousands of dollars are wagered on his plays. That line moved in favor of Ed then against Ed and then more piling on from the RAS side and then once again buyback. Without knowledge of why the buyback. The uninformed believe they are getting a great number with the RAS play. People should be able to see information that is extremely relevant in that type of situation. As you said you were not even around. Some of us are always around. This is what we do and it is important.
    Good luck
    Eddie

I would think you would make an exception based on the situation and allow a post in that thread. Being that the play was released so close to game time, about 20 minutes or so before tip off, and seeing that everyone subscribes to that thread, posting time sensitive information that could help someone in this case, I would think would be welcomed and appreciated by other posters.
    edited March 2014
    Good luck
    Eddie

As I said, you're free to disagree, but unless Ed wants to change the policy, it is what it is.

I suggested alternatives to getting that info out there that do not violate site rules.

As an aside, no need for the snippy last comment. Sports betting has been either my sole source of income or 90%+ of it for over a decade. Just because I choose not to spend as many hours per day/week/month/year as most pros actively working doesn't make it not important to me.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Tough luck all around, seems to be the norm for my last few weeks or so. Not going to argue with the thread ruling either.

But I wanted to point out that in today's world you don't need to be sitting around a computer all night waiting to get plays in. I was at the gym and always have my phone. Both Twitter and the email notification come there, and I was able to login to from the phone and get the play in no problem. Guess I should have left it in the car.

Sports betting or not, I am connected 24/7. And even if I'm not connected and miss a play, I thank ed for sharing what he does. This was unfortunate for all and we move on.
    edited March 2014
    As I said, you're free to disagree, but unless Ed wants to change the policy, it is what it is.

I suggested alternatives to getting that info out there that do not violate site rules.

As an aside, no need for the snippy last comment. Sports betting has been either my sole source of income or 90%+ of it for over a decade. Just because I choose not to spend as many hours per day/week/month/year as most pros actively working doesn't make it not important to me.
    why don't you set up a thread where information pertaining to plays that are released that have latebreaking information? I'm not a moderator are a RAS team member. If no one from the team are the moderators choose to post late breaking news on a play released in time for the uninformed to get off it. Someone needs to post it. Obviously I was in the wrong here.
    edited March 2014
    why don't you set up a thread where information pertaining to plays that are released that have latebreaking information? I'm not a moderator are a RAS team member. If no one from the team are the moderators choose to post late breaking news on a play released in time for the uninformed to get off it. Someone needs to post it. Obviously I was in the wrong here.

That would be up to Ed. I'm sure he'll see your suggestion.

Personally, I think the discussion thread combined with Ed/RAS being able to post/tweet such info is enough.
    edited March 2014
    That would be up to Ed. I'm sure he'll see your suggestion.

Personally, I think the discussion thread combined with Ed/RAS being able to post/tweet such info is enough.
    it worked out well for a lot of people yesterday. But I'm sure your personal views are correct in this situation. The less you know the better. I guess
    edited March 2014
    This thread is fine for time-sensitive info. I subscribe to it and can respond quickly if needed.
    edited March 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    This thread is fine for time-sensitive info. I subscribe to it and can respond quickly if needed.
    thanks Edward. That about says it all.
    Eddie
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited March 2014

why not simply continue to do what you did you last night? I am sure that saved some folks and all that ultimately happens is the thread gets deleted. yes, it is against the rules but your posts will simply get deleted once a moderator gets around to it, which will likely be well after the importance of the message has been lost. i subscribe to the picks thread and not this one as i don't need alerts every time golfer comes in wanting to vent, so i appreciate what you attempted to do last evening for those of us who are not pros and don't do this full time. am i missing something? i would think this situation might arise a few times a season and having your informative post being deleted amounts to a slap on the wrist, right?
    edited March 2014
    hornsfan wrote: »
    why not simply continue to do what you did you last night? I am sure that saved some folks and all that ultimately happens is the thread gets deleted. yes, it is against the rules but your posts will simply get deleted once a moderator gets around to it, which will likely be well after the importance of the message has been lost. i subscribe to the picks thread and not this one as i don't need alerts every time golfer comes in wanting to vent, so i appreciate what you attempted to do last evening for those of us who are not pros and don't do this full time. am i missing something? i would think this situation might arise a few times a season and having your informative post being deleted amounts to a slap on the wrist, right?

Allowing posters to violate rules as they see fit is not a precedent we want to set for obvious reasons. Repeated violations after being notified generally leads to being banned.

Also, FWIW, I believe Ed has locked the thread so it's not an option anymore anyway.
    edited March 2014
    hornsfan wrote: »
    as goats mentioned you will be banned for posting information not warranted. This play had more than meets the eye. Injury information would be unacceptable in these situations.
    edited March 2014
    Speaking for myself, the moment I see a play released, I am not waiting around for additional info to come through. Last night, I put the bet in immediately and never saw the counter info until it was too late.
    edited March 2014
    Allowing posters to violate rules as they see fit is not a precedent we want to set for obvious reasons. Repeated violations after being notified generally leads to being banned.

Also, FWIW, I believe Ed has locked the thread so it's not an option anymore anyway.

obviously do as you see fit, but i would hope/think Jake's efforts last evening would either trigger a review of said rules or put in motion an alternative plan to assist when information comes out that goes directly against a released play. the griping will likely be a lot less right now due to nobody having to lay out a dime for these plays (and obviously not being forced to play them as well), but could you imagine the complaints if this was on night 1 or 2 of the season in early November and no communication had been offered up until well after the game had tipped? maybe Edward and his team have endured it plenty of times before and it is a non-issue in their eyes, but just my two cents as long time client going back to the ibettor days (or whenever it was that he started the service...98 or so?).
    edited March 2014
    If you think there is information I or others don't have, you can post it here, and if I think I it belongs in the main thread, I will put it there. This isn't a big deal.

Jakenhl didn't even give the injury info in his first post, he just eluded to there being more than one player out and then proceeded to get in an argument with another poster in the "picks only" thread. Today he has taken a shot at Goats, and now is saying "there is more than meets the eye" with that pick as if we were part of a conspiracy or something. Stop the nonsense please.
    edited March 2014
    munson15 wrote: »
    Speaking for myself, the moment I see a play released, I am not waiting around for additional info to come through. Last night, I put the bet in immediately and never saw the counter info until it was too late.

as do i, but i am also sometimes in a spot like dtrain was last night. tied up for one reason or another and therefore the information would have been beneficial. not to mention potential halftime exit options could be evaluated should the team hang in there for the first 20. bottom line, more information the better would be my opinion.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    How do you know it goes against it though? They often have injury info before its public. Maybe they have it for a play and know a guy is out and that's the reason they are on that side (maybe he sucks and the backup is better who knows). Everyone betting the second it comes out is already in anyway -- and if you aren't betting then and notice the line is the same or better you should probably check what's going on.