Betting Talk

RAS March Thread Discussion

cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
Can you sticky? Thank you and Good Luck!

Comments

• BornWinnerBornWinner Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    When will u start tournament or before then? Thanks
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I got really sad when I opened this and there wasn't a pick inside.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited March 2014
    Comments, questions, etc. here.

Other thread for picks only.
    edited March 2014
    Will start today.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Will they be posted on BT or Twitter first?
    edited March 2014
    I usually post to BT first, but might mix it up every now and then.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    damn.
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited March 2014
    Did I see that right? Up 3 with ball. Northridge steals with :02 and hits a 3 with :01 to force 2nd OT?
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Better yet a layup at the buzzer when you are down 3.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    nothing like getting the books hopping on a Tuesday morning...
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Ed killed me with his release. Ark St was my POD. Last night I could have taken 2, now I see they're laying 1.5, FML
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Ed killed me with his release. Ark St was my POD. Last night I could have taken 2, now I see they're laying 1.5, FML

In the same boat only now they are -2 with my book. Not likely that their still at play at that #
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    In the same boat only now they are -2 with my book. Not likely that their still at play at that #

Yeah, tough to lay two when we could have gotten two, so unless the number comes back, likely a no play for me. Under normal circumstances I would root like hell for Ga St to cover so I saved myself from a loser, but to many good guys on here who I'm sure got down on the game, so I'll still pull for Ark St to cover for Ed and those who tailed.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    thoughts on middling if this game hits GA State +3?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2014
    kcburgh wrote: »
    thoughts on middling if this game hits GA State +3?

Short version...

Only bet the other side if you think it's +EV on its own or you overbet Ark St.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I really liked ga st and posted it, they have hunter and Kentucky transfer harrow playing great , ga st number one in TO % in the country . big game for them , am sure they aren't looking ahead to w Kentucky, with 22 wins they could finish with 24 wins and I doubt an at large bid , if they don't win conf tournament,
    these boys can shoot. kenpom gives ga st a 56% chance to win the game, we shall see tonight.

good luck everyone
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    jets96 wrote: »
    I really liked ga st and posted it, they have hunter and Kentucky transfer harrow playing great , ga st number one in TO % in the country . big game for them , am sure they aren't looking ahead to w Kentucky, with 22 wins they could finish with 24 wins and I doubt an at large bid , if they don't win conf tournament,
    these boys can shoot. kenpom gives ga st a 56% chance to win the game, we shall see tonight.

good luck everyone

I didn't post a play because the line moved before I could put it here, but I have a large play on ASU +2.5. There is no motivation here for Ga St, they clinched the #1 seed Saturday night, and they know they have little to no chance of an at large bid. It's also their 3rd straight road game, and they had travel issues getting to Jonesboro, with the bad weather. My information tells me there is at least a 50/50 chance that Hunter either sits tonight, or plays limited minutes. He has a minor knee issue, and there is no reason for them to push him. Other starters may have there minutes limited also. ASU with a huge motivation edge, as they are fighting for seeding, with a chance to finish 2nd, and get a double bye in the conference tourney. ASU lost a 7 pt lead with 4 to play at GSU earlier, and lost by 1 point. They match up well with them.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    SunBelter wrote: »
    I didn't post a play because the line moved before I could put it here, but I have a large play on ASU +2.5. There is no motivation here for Ga St, they clinched the #1 seed Saturday night, and they know they have little to no chance of an at large bid. It's also their 3rd straight road game, and they had travel issues getting to Jonesboro, with the bad weather. My information tells me there is at least a 50/50 chance that Hunter either sits tonight, or plays limited minutes. He has a minor knee issue, and there is no reason for them to push him. Other starters may have there minutes limited also. ASU with a huge motivation edge, as they are fighting for seeding, with a chance to finish 2nd, and get a double bye in the conference tourney. ASU lost a 7 pt lead with 4 to play at GSU earlier, and lost by 1 point. They match up well with them.

Your the Nuts SB good to see you.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    nuts maybe BUT

Winning the regular season title is special for us,” head coach Ron Hunter said. “It is the culmination of a lot of hard work and dedication by a great deal of people, not just our players and coaches.

“As great as it is, that is not our ultimate goal. Now we need to start preparing for the Sun Belt tournament and what it will take to win a conference tournament to advance to the NCAA tournament. That starts with our game against Arkansas State on Tuesday night.”

Enough said for me, and the fact that kid hunter has some personal scoring goals he wants to set tell s ( i hope )me he will be playing.

Not so sure ark st matches up well with anyone, if you are counthing the last time they played thats one thing....

anyway , my money is long gone on g st

Sunbelter , great job and thank you for taking the time to post that, great info .... good luck to as always
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like a lot of coach speak to me jets, lol. We will find out in a few hours I guess, good luck to ya buddy.
    edited March 2014
    Game delayed an half hour or so, Georgia St having trouble getting to Jonesboro.
    edited March 2014
    Hunter out for Ga St
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    well that was fun...
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    This just goes to show that it's hard to beat CBB in March.
    edited March 2014
    Football cant get here fast enough. Sorry guys, all I can do is process the info I have, and make a call based on that. ASU lead for 38 out of 40 minutes in regulation, and blew it by missing 2 1 and 1's, and some point blank shots late. Brutal loss that cost me a ton. I think Im done with hoops for the year.
    edited March 2014
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Football cant get here fast enough. Sorry guys, all I can do is process the info I have, and make a call based on that. ASU lead for 38 out of 40 minutes in regulation, and blew it by missing 2 1 and 1's, and some point blank shots late. Brutal loss that cost me a ton. I think Im done with hoops for the year.

No apologies necessary from anyone here. Those are the types of bets we all want to be on.
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    people realize this thread exists, right?
  • mrwanker2umrwanker2u Member
    edited March 2014
    I finnally got a play in at the posted line!! my lucky day. Go UAB.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Apparently not. I was just going to ask if there's any way to set the forum that it sends you notifications regardless of whether you click on the thread or not. (2+2 does it that way, but this forum apparently doesn't send you additional notifications, you only get one notification, and then no more, until you click on the thread.) It's highly annoying to have to click on the thread a bunch of times because people are talking about some injury in the picks thread.
    edited March 2014
    Just horrible timing on the UAB release. What an adventure these 9 picks have been. F-me.