Betting Talk

Joe Namath coat

LawboyLawboy Senior Member
edited February 2014 in Sports Betting
I mean, wtf? What dudes (besides some of my clients) wear a fur coat. And then totally screw up the toss.

Comments

• Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    from the 60's
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    when he was broadway joe,he wore fur coats, shag rug in his apt,they had him as the coolest dude alive.but now he's alcoholic
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    if he is in fact 'an' alcoholic (I honestly have no idea) then I'm sure he always was even back in the day... hes a douche.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    he stopped boozing
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    I stand corrected, recovering alcoholic, good news to hear
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited February 2014
    Guarantee he was paid for wearing that.
    Why did they even bother with Phil Simms ? That was stupid.
    Oh if Broadway Joe would have been drinking, that would have been fun, I just want to Kiss you to Payton. LOL
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited February 2014
    He says he stopped boozing, doesn't look like it :)
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    How many animals were killed to make up his coat, to keep his ass warm. Too bad the ref when he caught the first toss didnt rule illegal motion on Namath and give him a penalty- (go away)
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    I heard him say in an interview that he's been dealing with some brain issues, can't recall any details though.
  • Papa BingPapa Bing Member
    edited February 2014
    You people are really sad. First, he's a recovering alcoholic. Says he hasn't had a drink since the "kiss incident". More importantly Joe Willie was responsible for the greatest upset in SB history. Anyone remember what the ml was? the line was Jets +17.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    I clicked on this thread hoping it would be about some sort of prop. On a related and hilarious note, a bunch of Pregame touts were thumping their chests on Twitter because they gave out a winner on "Bruno Mars not to wear a hat during first song."
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Papa Bing wrote: »
    You people are really sad. First, he's a recovering alcoholic. Says he hasn't had a drink since the "kiss incident". More importantly Joe Willie was responsible for the greatest upset in SB history. Anyone remember what the ml was? the line was Jets +17.
    Joe willie put on a great show....Baltimore was shocked!!
  • lentellentel Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    coach wrote: »
    Joe willie put on a great show....Baltimore was shocked!!

He used to be drunk when he did Monday Night Football back in 1985. He also told Suzy Kolber he wanted to kiss her during an in game interview.... also drunk :laugh:
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Papa Bing wrote: »
    More importantly Joe Willie was responsible for the greatest upset in SB history. Anyone remember what the ml was? the line was Jets +17.

None of the offices I was involved with even mentioned a moneyline on this "sure blowout".