Betting Talk

Seahawks #25 Sherman

cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Sports Betting
The guy is a great defender but also an arrogant assh$#@!

And then CBS talks to the prickwad on the field (MAJOR FAIL) and he shows what an absolute dick%$#@ he is. Someone needs to get ahold of that guy and straighten out his insane opinion of himself! One thing to be self confident but another to overstep the boundries. This guy is a bomb waiting to explode! At some point someone or a group of guys are going to blow his big mouth up!

Comments

• Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Sorry your SF bet lost.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    We need Bobby Knight types coaching football. Some players just deserve to be smacked backside of their heads.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Sorry your SF bet lost.

I know your directing this to Cabster, but I lost with SF and that has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on Sherman. The guy makes a great play to save their season and go to the SB, and his first instinct is to go right over to Crabtree, pat him on the butt and start talking shit, then when he's being interviewed instead of saying how amazing it feels to help his team win, and what he's feeling after the biggest win in his career, he spews some bullshit about Crabtree and the interview gets cut off. Way to stay classy Sherman. I'm gonna enjoy watching Peyton make that guy run around in circles.
  • thebattinathebattina Member
    edited January 2014
    Why is it all the thugs praise themselves and not the team. Too many "I"s in football these days.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I love shit talking, I had 49ers +4, I'm not bitter, that shit was awesome. Sherman spoke his mind, Crabtree is soft.
    edited January 2014
    kane wrote: »
    I know your directing this to Cabster, but I lost with SF and that has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on Sherman. The guy makes a great play to save their season and go to the SB, and his first instinct is to go right over to Crabtree, pat him on the butt and start talking shit, then when he's being interviewed instead of saying how amazing it feels to help his team win, and what he's feeling after the biggest win in his career, he spews some bullshit about Crabtree and the interview gets cut off. Way to stay classy Sherman. I'm gonna enjoy watching Peyton make that guy run around in circles.

You didn't run right over here and make a post about it that was obviously emotionally fueled, making it completely obvious that a large part of your anger was due to your losing bet.

I don't care if you hate Sherman, that's totally fine. But let's also not pretend that he's the only asshole in the league. There are plenty on every team. If you start rooting against teams with pricks on them, you'll have a lot more free time on Sundays.
    edited January 2014
    Coops wrote: »
    I love shit talking, I had 49ers +4, I'm not bitter, that shit was awesome. Sherman spoke his mind, Crabtree is soft.

I agree. I thought it was entertaining, which is why I watch.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    You didn't run right over here and make a post about it that was obviously emotionally fueled, making it completely obvious that a large part of your anger was due to your losing bet.

I don't care if you hate Sherman, that's totally fine. But let's also not pretend that he's the only asshole in the league. There are plenty on every team. If you start rooting against teams with pricks on them, you'll have a lot more free time on Sundays.

First off I've been betting long enough that I don't get to emotional when I lose a bet, even a close one like this was. I would have posted the same thing if I had Seattle. It was totally classless what he did to Crabtree and what he said in the interview afterwards, the guy is a great player, but don't act like a dickhead. Also, I don't hate Sherman at all, I just think the way he acted was out of line. If Crabtree would have caught the pass after Sherman's deflection and as Sherman was walking off the field dejected and Crabtree did the same exact thing to him and gave the same interview, I would have posted about Crabtree being a giant douche. It's not personal with me I just call em like I see em. BTW nice hit with the Beavers.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2014
    Barry sanders - act like you have been there before !
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Coops wrote: »

Coops, I'm curious why you think Crabtree is soft.
    edited January 2014
    First of f I've been betting long enough that I don't get to emotional when I lose a bet, even a close one like this was. I would have posted the same thing if I had Seattle. It was totally classless what he did to Crabtree and what he said in the interview afterwards, the guy is a great player, but don't act like a dickhead. Also, I don't hate Sherman at all, I just think the way he acted was out of line. If Crabtree would have caught the pass after Sherman's deflection and as Sherman was walking off the field dejected and Crabtree did the same exact thing to him and gave the same interview, I would have posted about Crabtree being a giant douche. It's not personal with me I just call em like I see em. BTW nice hit with the Beavers.

I was talking about the OP being emotional, not you.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Sideline reporters are useless. And we saw just how bad Erin Andrews actually is at that job. Sherman acted the fool, no doubt, but Andrews could only roll her eyes then ask, "who's talking about you?" No one is worse than Michelle Tafoya, but Erin Andrews set her career back 10 years by leaving espn. But she's still hot.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Lawboy wrote: »
    Sideline reporters are useless. And we saw just how bad Erin Andrews actually is at that job. Sherman acted the fool, no doubt, but Andrews could only roll her eyes then ask, "who's talking about you?" No one is worse than Michelle Tafoya, but Erin Andrews set her career back 10 years by leaving espn. But she's still hot.

Which is the only reason she even has a career
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I agree. I thought it was entertaining, which is why I watch.

You call what Sherman did "entertaining", the league calls it "unsportsmanlike conduct", I call it "classless". To each his own I guess.
    edited January 2014
    You call what Sherman did "entertaining", the league calls it "unsportsmanlike conduct", I call it "classless". To each his own I guess.

Says the guy who loves Ray Lewis.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Says the guy who loves Ray Lewis.

I don't recall Ray Lewis ever doing to another player what Sherman did to Crabtree at the end of the game, then acting the fool when being interviewed afterward, I could be wrong of course.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    gimme mooooooooooooooooore

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 18m

Was the choke sign for Harbaugh? Sherman: "No, that was for Kaepernick." Kaboom.
    edited January 2014
    How the hell did he get into Stanford ?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Not to mention he was coached by Harbaugh at Stanford, and that's how you act. These guys play twice a year, karma bitch.
    edited January 2014
    I will say this about his abilities , I would take him over any Db in the league and 50 times over Revis Island.
    His rant continued with the media, unbelievable somebody stop him.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 16m

A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Just a "Wonderful" role model for the young people watching the game and there were many! Yes, I would like to know how he got into Stanford?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    BayOcean wrote: »
    Just a "Wonderful" role model for the young people watching the game and there were many! Yes, I would like to know how he got into Stanford?

He's really good at football
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I'm not defending his antics on the field, but just to address the Stanford comments... I've seen interviews with him on various ESPN programs and when he's not talking smack or proclaiming himself to be the best, he's actually quite articulate and not what you may think.

Again, this doesn't address how he behaves on the field, what he says in post-game interviews, or what he tweets, just thought I'd propose that it's entirely possible to be educated and/or intelligent and still behave like an ass.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    edited January 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    How the hell did he get into Stanford ?
    BayOcean wrote: »
    Yes, I would like to know how he got into Stanford?

Just pure ignorance.

He grew up in Compton. Compton. Had a 4.2 in high school, taking AP courses, and got a 1400 on his SAT. You two racist bozos asking how he got in probably wouldn't combine for a 1400. He got a bachelors degree from Stanford in 4 years with a 3.63 GPA and started on his masters during his last season. He does tons of charity work.

But yeah, because he's brash and talks a lot of trash, he must be an idiot.
    edited January 2014
    I don't recall Ray Lewis ever doing to another player what Sherman did to Crabtree at the end of the game, then acting the fool when being interviewed afterward, I could be wrong of course.

You're right, Ray Ray is the epitome of class.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited January 2014
    Just pure ignorance.

He grew up in Compton. Compton. Had a 4.2 in high school, taking AP courses, and got a 1400 on his SAT. You two racist bozos asking how he got in probably wouldn't combine for a 1400. He got a bachelors degree from Stanford in 4 years with a 3.63 GPA and started on his masters during his last season. He does tons of charity work.

But yeah, because he's brash and talks a lot of trash, he must be an idiot.

Whole lot of racism going on with the Sherman bashing. Confidence and drive has made him the best at his job in the ENTIRE WORLD. Excellent role model and teaching example in every possible way. Healthy antidote for the trophy generation.
    edited January 2014
    H, I should have been more specific of my Stanford comment. My reference was to Stanford atletes are usually soft spoken and rarely make "me" type of comments. I am well aware of requirements to get into Stanford and then to get a Masters degree. All that does not give you class.
    It's funny when this discussion started I wAs thinking he is like H very good but does not put in a proper way. Lol that was a compliment not an insult to you.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Lawboy wrote: »

Pam Oliver was terrible as well.

Loved Andrews on Dancing with the Stars. Great legs