Betting Talk

Buffettgambler Discussion Thread

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2014
    durito wrote: »
    golfer kid does a hell of a reverse jinx.

That part is tough to argue with. :)

Congrats to BG and all Seattle bettors.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Boom!!!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    On a side note, on a scale of 1 to 10 where does Sherman rank as far as douchiness goes. I'll give him an 11. Peyton gonna light this team up.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    ITS A LOCK

Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz 2m

My wife is fully expecting Jay Pharoah as Richard Sherman next Saturday night.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    kane wrote: »
    On a side note, on a scale of 1 to 10 where does Sherman rank as far as douchiness goes. I'll give him an 11. Peyton gonna light this team up.

He is a great corner, but he is also such a douchebag..

What an idiot in that interview...loll
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    See my post on Sherman in the forum...... I totally agree Kane and I think the league should do something about the Ass^%$#!
  • kirkmullerkirkmuller Junior Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the plays bg
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Letssssssssss gooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Cash it, cash it, cash it!!!!
  • pufferfishpufferfish Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Nice calls today BG!
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Picks are ALWAYS greatly appreciated.
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited January 2014
    always roll with "the man" !!!!
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited January 2014
    it's amazing to me how anyone cannot be grateful of one whom is willing to share his expertise for free, win or lose
  • speedboyspeedboy Member
    edited January 2014
    2OT AND Northwestern still can't push it over; this is getting ridiculous.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    speedboy wrote: »
    2OT AND Northwestern still can't push it over; this is getting ridiculous.

What part of, "his totals have been terrible" didnt you understand? Steer clear! Had I played the 2 last night that would've been 9 st8 losers. And before someone jumps down my throat I dont play EVERY play of his. Just wait awhile, it will eventually come back around for BG.
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I love BG's plays, however, I must agree that his totals have been quite a disappointment... College, nfl and otherwise.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    You guys realize that losing streaks of 7, 8, 12+ games are not uncommon, even for professionals, right?
    edited January 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »
    You guys realize that losing streaks of 7, 8, 12+ games are not uncommon, even for professionals, right?

Mostly a a rhetorical question, I know, but honestly, no, I don't think many recreational bettors understand that at all.

If someone wants to speculate that this is something BG will not beat going forward, I see no problem with that, but they should have a better reason than "he's lost 8 or 9 in a row."
    edited January 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »

Well aware.
    edited January 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Well aware.

Why would you advise to 'Steer Clear!' then? Each play is independent of the next, and he's beating the close on nearly every single play. Seems you aren't well aware.
    edited January 2014
    pufferfish wrote: »
    Why would you advise to 'Steer Clear!' then? Each play is independent of the next, and he's beating the close on nearly every single play. Seems you aren't well aware.

Call me a fair weather fan but ill jump back on board when he is starting to heat back up. You are right in the fact that he is beating the close for most every play however, they havent been remotely close to hitting. I just wouldnt pick now to start tailing him is all.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    it's amazing to me how anyone cannot be grateful of one whom is willing to share his expertise for free, win or lose This is from Rip
    and I couldn't agree more. People complain but they open his thread everyday. He's a long term winner and if you want to follow a player like this and your risk tolerance is low and can't take bumps in the road why do that to yourself. Bet your own stuff and be done with it. Yes I understand everyone is entitled to there opinion and this is mine. So may I suggest you walk away because it's obvious gambling just isn't for you. 9 game losing streak and your in a panic. It just amazing me when people follow other people's plays and lose and then complain. Don't do a stitch of work just look, bet and complain. Time to put on the big boy pants and make some decisions and then live with it.
    edited January 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    it's amazing to me how anyone cannot be grateful of one whom is willing to share his expertise for free, win or lose This is from Rip
    and I couldn't agree more. People complain but they open his thread everyday. He's a long term winner and if you want to follow a player like this and your risk tolerance is low and can't take bumps in the road why do that to yourself. Bet your own stuff and be done with it. Yes I understand everyone is entitled to there opinion and this is mine. So may I suggest you walk away because it's obvious gambling just isn't for you. 9 game losing streak and your in a panic. It just amazing me when people follow other people's plays and lose and then complain. Don't do a stitch of work just look, bet and complain. Time to put on the big boy pants and make some decisions and then live with it.

I wasnt complaining, fyi
    edited January 2014
    Call me a fair weather fan but ill jump back on board when he is starting to heat back up. You are right in the fact that he is beating the close for most every play however, they havent been remotely close to hitting. I just wouldnt pick now to start tailing him is all.

You don't understand probability. GL.
    edited January 2014

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I wouldn't call you a "fair weather fan", I'd call you someone who doesn't understand the concept of variance. There's no way to know when a capper is "heating up" or "cooling down". There's no way to predict streaks. If there was, we'd all be able to skip the downswings and be retired. When following someone, either you believe his picks are +EV or you don't, and short-term streaks shouldn't play a role in making that determination.
    edited January 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I wouldn't call you a "fair weather fan", I'd call you someone who doesn't understand the concept of variance. There's no way to know when a capper is "heating up" or "cooling down". There's no way to predict streaks. If there was, we'd all be able to skip the downswings and be retired. When following someone, either you believe his picks are +EV or you don't, and short-term streaks shouldn't play a role in making that determination.

Thanks
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    What part of, "his totals have been terrible" didnt you understand? Steer clear! Had I played the 2 last night that would've been 9 st8 losers. And before someone jumps down my throat I dont play EVERY play of his. Just wait awhile, it will eventually come back around for BG.

There were 3 last night and the first one won, so no 9 straight losers. Not to mention there wasn't a 7 game losing streak before that either.
    edited January 2014
    There were 3 last night and the first one won, so no 9 straight losers. Not to mention there wasn't a 7 game losing streak before that either.

You my friend cannot read. Thats not what I said.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    You my friend cannot read. Thats not what I said.

Why don't you explain it to me then? The ones you have tailed would have been 9 straight? There is ZERO point to posting that. It reminds me of the first year I started betting and I split dr bob's package with some people and some idiot blasted the picks one week because he chose to bet 2 of them and they both lost. Ignoring the fact that they went 4-2 on the week.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Why don't you explain it to me then? The ones you have tailed would have been 9 straight? There is ZERO point to posting that. It reminds me of the first year I started betting and I split dr bob's package with some people and some idiot blasted the picks one week because he chose to bet 2 of them and they both lost. Ignoring the fact that they went 4-2 on the week.
    That's actually pretty funny.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    It can be difficult to follow that advice, but it's an excellent explanation, thanks.