562 SH +6'
Skoshed the ml (currently +240) as well

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    562 SH +6'
    Skoshed the ml (currently +240) as well

I'll be the first to say I appreciate the new and improved Jala. Thanks for some resourceful picks/posts the last few days.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I took the Hall pk second half
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    record?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2014
    record?

No one is required to keep a record.

If you plan to make nothing but inflammatory posts, you can find another forum.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Here's an Idea how about we start the New Year on a positive note. It's a big dog but they have been known to come in.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Here's an Idea how about we start the New Year on a positive note. It's a big dog but they have been known to come in.

OT always says it best.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    record?

Mark it 8, dude.
    edited January 2014
    i was seriously interested in the record. i'm sorry for asking , if its considered rude here to do so...
    edited January 2014
    FWIW i was on his ATL winner last night in the NBA :thumbup:
    edited January 2014
    i was seriously interested in the record. i'm sorry for asking , if its considered rude here to do so...

Lake I think your a nice guy but please don't try to play us with posts like this it's insults me. Lets put the past in past at least lets try not to be the ones to start and I include myself and let others decide for themselves how they want to conduct themselves. It just gets old and I'm tired of wasting hours.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2014
    First of all, I would have never entered this thread OT as the originator and his twin are on my ignore list. But I always look out for your posts, just in case there is a story attached. :laugh:
    You never cease to amaze, the originator just a few weeks ago insulted you, disrespected you, and basically was rude to you. Most of us were expecting ED to banish him for good, but here we are a few days later and you are defending him or atleast asking the forum to take the higher road and wipe the slate clean sort of speak. You are one classy guy ! Highly doubt most or any of us would have done the same.
    I am sure the line of posts were forming to question record keeping, breaking arrangement of not posting plays, -EV poster, coin flipper, etc etc, all of which would be warranted as he has done all of that and much more to others.
    But, as you are probably the most respected poster on this forum most are now going to take a sit and look approach to see what happens next, hopefully the poster gets it, time will tell.
    Let me reiterate OT, you are one classy man.
    edited January 2014
    BK I appreciate the kinds words i truly do especially coming from you someone I do respect. As far as this thread goes post #4 was a shot uncalled for. I really wasn't sticking up for anyone I guess my instincts for the past 23 years kicked in and wanted to put out what I preceded to be a spark leading to another fire. They have gotten old and tiresome with name calling and meaningless bull-shit on a sports forum by grown men.

I don't want to become buddies with them and I'm sure they feel the same way. This really is a good place to hang out and there's a lot of good people here. I also thought he was going not because of the bull-shit that goes on between me and them but when he insulted Tommy with his I told you so before a 1/3 of the season was completed that was completely out of line IMO regardless if he was right or wrong you don't do that It's tough putting them out there every day trying to contribute. Then the Boss came on with a two sentence post and he was rude to him also then I thought that was the straw. But getting back to Tommy If you have something constructive to say let it play out and then see if you can possibly help with an idea or two.

Tommy not posting plays hurts this forum and I know there's a lot of people out there that would love him to begin again he has a lot to offer with his insight in college hoops. It's just MO but I believe something was done but was done in private at least I like to think so the man is a Mod and one of the guys who helps run this place. But over the years I've come to respect the bigger badge and his decisions. I may not agree with them but it's his call and being in the position I was in for many years I've learned to live by what is called "The Difference" (The Serenity saying.)

As I've said many times on these forums with fake names and you couldn't pick them out of a line-up of 5 people there will always be
    the so called experts who feel they need to teach in a condescending way. Don't feed the Monster and it will either stop or go away.

So BK have a Happy New Year to you and yours. Healthy is the key to this game.
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Nicely written ...
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    As a newer member I feel like sometimes people take for granted how good of a forum this is. There are a lot of sharp posters, informative and insightful moderators, and the rules are very fair and allow for a lot of interesting discussion whether related or unrelated to sports betting. The time spent on arguing is just wasteful and honestly it's embarrassing to read sometimes. The sharper guys need to get their points across without adding the smartass comments and the hobbyists have to be more accepting to learning and adapting. Just my two cents.
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Procap, You hit it right on the head!!
    edited January 2014
    People are so sensitive here. As I've said before, I'd give my left testicle (I'm keeping the right one, though) to be in a room with guys sharper than me ripping my ideas apart and learning from it, and I wouldn't give two shits if they are polite or not. I also wouldn't walk into that room, knowing full well that I'm the sucker at the table, and pretend otherwise as many do here.
    edited January 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    People are so sensitive here. As I've said before, I'd give my left testicle (I'm keeping the right one, though) to be in a room with guys sharper than me ripping my ideas apart and learning from it, and I wouldn't give two shits if they are polite or not. I also wouldn't walk into that room, knowing full well that I'm the sucker at the table, and pretend otherwise as many do here.

my only reply to that and this comes from some experience you may be the exception to the rule but when you come across in a condescending and rude/smart ass way most people will shut down and while your talking there thinking of what they're going to say and not hear you at all.

Getting your point across will happen if done in a positive way. Now on a Forum you don't know these people so by coming across as stated above on an open forum being a man with a man's ego hence the argument. My job was to get 100% production out of every employee and I knew cookie cutting wasn't going to work. There were some guys I could talk to and say WTF are you doing and get my point across with no problem and by your statement it would be a guy like you. But believe me most people will become defensive and nothing will be accomplished other then an argument. Now you can take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

But remember your talking to them on an open forum your going to get a negative response almost every time.
    I believe your smart enough to know what I'm saying and it's not like you have to talk baby talk just constructive criticism is the way to go.

My V.P. use to call me in the office with an idea and I'm thinking this isn't going to work the employees aren't going to like this Etc: Etc: so if I said oh no that's not right this is the way we should do it. His answer would be just do as I said and I created a problem. But If I said you know that's not a bad idea and should work but it's funny I was thinking about that topic also and this came to mind and then present my idea and at the very least I got him to think about it and believe it or not people that know me will tell you my ideas a good % of the time were implemented. Point by presenting it that way his mind was open. Just a thought I wanted to share.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited January 2014
    It's funny it's always the ones who say "jala brings nothing to the forum", the psychoanalyzers and the ignore buttoners (wink wink) who always try and stir shit up, pontificate for three hours and troll in my threads. You can't make it up.

Go Chargers
    edited January 2014
    Yeah this isn't real life, or my job, my family, or friends. And yeah, I learned that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar when I was 10. Thanks for that, though.

This is grown ass adults who are anonymous and (I assume) want to get better at sports betting. If they don't want to listen to my tone, because of their ego or any other reason, that's not really my problem. As you can probably guess, I don't give two shits if I get a negative response.

(This is obviously a reply to Grandpa Simpson, not to Jalapanose.)
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited January 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Yeah this isn't real life, or my job, my family, or friends. And yeah, I learned that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar when I was 10. Thanks for that, though.

This is grown ass adults who are anonymous and (I assume) want to get better at sports betting. If they don't want to listen to my tone, because of their ego or any other reason, that's not really my problem. As you can probably guess, I don't give two shits if I get a negative response.

(This is obviously a reply to Grandpa Simpson, not to Jalapanose.)

Cue the "You're a miserable human being who needs help and prayers"-amateur psychobabble, only question is who strikes first Freud or Jung
    edited January 2014
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    Cue the "You're a miserable human being who needs help and prayers"-amateur psychobabble, only question is who strikes first Freud or Jung

Maybe we can join a support group together.
    edited January 2014
    Assume is a bad word , For the most part people want posted plays. there not much interest in someone teaching them anything they just want a posted play maybe ask a question and get an answer. Everybody can't be as sharp as you as I fail to see any proof of that so I'll just have to take your word for it. Listen you have a good new year and if a game comes along that you really like toss it out there. I could use a winner.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Assume is a bad word , For the most part people want posted plays. there not much interest in someone teaching them anything they just want a posted play maybe ask a question and get an answer. Everybody can't be as sharp as you as I fail to see any proof of that so I'll just have to take your word for it. Listen you have a good new year and if a game comes along that you really like toss it out there. I could use a winner.[/QUOTE]

828 Loyola-Chicago +3
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    That's my play of the day kane. Love me some Loyola!
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    i could use a W myself. been a rough weekend so far. thanks Kane.
    edited January 2014
    Assume is a bad word , For the most part people want posted plays. there not much interest in someone teaching them anything they just want a posted play maybe ask a question and get an answer. Everybody can't be as sharp as you as I fail to see any proof of that so I'll just have to take your word for it. Listen you have a good new year and if a game comes along that you really like toss it out there. I could use a winner.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that this is the only sports betting forum on the web.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Which one is Lindsay Lohan from Mean Girls? tribe or contra?

I kid, I kid..... I like me some UNC later, and some Packers +3.5 in a few minutes
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    so you post elsewhere doc? why not here? asking honestly with no other intentions at all. could use some more winners around here nowadays.
    edited January 2014
    Lets gooooooooooooooooo!!!!
    edited January 2014
    Sd st +10
    u137