Betting Talk

NFL KC @ Ind line movement

speculatorspeculator Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Sports Betting
The line has moved from Ind -2.5 to Ind +1, it is a fairly significant move, any major inruires etc to report?

Comments

• marcbryanjacobmarcbryanjacob Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Houston and Hali the LB's both expected to play, Houston with an elbow brace (he dislocated it). OL Eric Fisher is doubtful last I heard yesterday, which was their travel day. Nothing for Indy.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2014
    My local who has pretty big limits has gone to kc -3. From +2.5
    edited January 2014
    Just heard Fisher is out per NFL Network reporter on CBS radio (Albert Greer is the name I think).
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't know, but it looked good enough to lock in a 6pt teaser with Ind +7/GB +8.5. Two home dogs with a TD or more, take.
  • old schoolold school Banned
    edited January 2014
    We just bet Ind at +3, and have KC at +3 earlier. I look for three things in a SB winner: a solid pass rush, a top QB, and a winning coach. I'll be rooting for KC, but just want someone to win by 3 or less.
    edited January 2014
    I like Indy. I think this move might be out of disrespect for their division compared to AFC W (3 playoff teams).
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Colts d is much better indoors and is finally at full strength with both corners available. I like Colts in a close one.
    edited January 2014
    I like Indy. I think this move might be out of disrespect for their division compared to AFC W (3 playoff teams).
    Line movement on KC mostly due to better health for their key defensive players. Home dogs usually solid in this round.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited January 2014
    old school wrote: »
    Line movement on KC mostly due to better health for their key defensive players. Home dogs usually solid in this round.

I read that Danny Sheridan article in Sport Magazine in 1995 also. Unfortunately it's 2014 and wildcard home dogs are coin flips at best the last 25 tries.
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    If the line gets to +3, i definitley would take Ind
    edited January 2014
    We just bet Ind at +3, and have KC at +3 earlier. I look for three things in a SB winner: a solid pass rush, a top QB, and a winning coach. I'll be rooting for KC, but just want someone to win by 3 or less.

Yes, another HUGE win with almost no downside. All my books got killed on this game. Yes, they are still ahead, but, still, moving the line THAT much is a DISASTER in the long run. Bob Martin would NEVER have moved the line as quickly as today's bookies do.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes, another HUGE win with almost no downside. All my books got killed on this game. Yes, they are still ahead, but, still, moving the line THAT much is a DISASTER in the long run. Bob Martin would NEVER have moved the line as quickly as today's bookies do.

Your right they move to fast. they need to trust that opener in the NFL set by the odds maker. But unfortunately they keep tabs on these fools
    and move the line every time they bet so they got what they deserve on Indy vs KC.
    BTW nice hit on that middle
  • jahpokerjahpoker Junior Member
    edited January 2014

Well done
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited January 2014

You just got q home run - a middle