Betting Talk

D'Antonio out-coaches Shaw

RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Sports Betting
Did Shaw graduate from the Lovie Smith School of Coaching? Field goal?

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    FG boggled my brain a bit too. didn't see the benefit at all.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Did Shaw graduate from the Lovie Smith School of Coaching? Field goal?

I have been listening to praise upon praise for Shaw and the desire for every program in Division 1 being after this guy. I realize this was one game but it was a BIG game and he showed little from what I saw. He dominated all year in the PAC12 as no one had a defense anywhere near the Stanford side. That enabled him to dominate out west. I too questioned the FG attempt with 4:15 to go, but you have to consider that his D all year got him the ball back. Where he was outcoached the entire game was on the offensive side of the ball. The call on both 3rd and totally on 4th down on the last possession showed NO imagination what so ever. I understand they had trouble getting to the edge all afternoon, but to pack it in and run up the middle with no play action the last two plays against the Spartan got Shaw the result he deserved. I guess Stanford was vanilla most of the year and come to think of it he showed about the same result in the other loss to Utah late in the game earlier this year. Don't mean to downplay his record and he seems to run a class program. He just did not live up to the coaching HYPE in the Rose Bowl today.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Lets see how he does without Harbaughs kids. We also found out ASU and Oregon were not that great