Betting Talk

Succop Inducted Into the Chargers Hall of Fame

cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Sports Betting
Kudos to the Chiefs (except for Succop) for doing everything but beating the Chargers with 22 backups starting the game in SD today. I know a win is a win and your in the playoffs, but they basically got kicked around by 22 backups. Oh and yea the ref. sure didn't in OT on the questionable forward progress call when you have no confidence in your D and fake a punt on your own 28. #6 seed and you never know but what an unimpressive way to make the playoffs when all four of the other contenders lose. May be the biggest backdoor playoff qualification victory of all time! LOL if Succop still has any family in the Pittsburgh area where he is from..... pack up and move to SD tomorrow as the Steelers fans will never forget this one.

Comments

• barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm a steeler fan and I'm very pissed...they SD will get bombed first game of playoffs it won't even be worth watching
  • franksterfrankster Junior Member
    edited December 2013
    Succop not from Pittsburgh. He is from small town near Charlotte, NC. Kicked for USC. Just saying, I get your point.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    frankster wrote: »
    Succop not from Pittsburgh. He is from small town near Charlotte, NC. Kicked for USC. Just saying, I get your point.

Heard them say on the broadcast that their researcher had dug up that Succop was from Pittsburgh. So much for their research it sounds like.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited December 2013
    cabster13 wrote: »
    Kudos to the Chiefs (except for Succop) for doing everything but beating the Chargers with 22 backups starting the game in SD today. I know a win is a win and your in the playoffs, but they basically got kicked around by 22 backups. Oh and yea the ref. sure didn't in OT on the questionable forward progress call when you have no confidence in your D and fake a punt on your own 28. #6 seed and you never know but what an unimpressive way to make the playoffs when all four of the other contenders lose. May be the biggest backdoor playoff qualification victory of all time! LOL if Succop still has any family in the Pittsburgh area where he is from..... pack up and move to SD tomorrow as the Steelers fans will never forget this one.

Technically not a forward progress call. Rule states once the ball carrier loses his helmet, play is over. stupid fucking rule but the refs have to call it. that one and laveon bell earlier this year were brutal results of the rule.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    What does Andy Reid do if he has a FG option late in OT to tie? Example facing a 4th and 3 mid redzone with less than a minute to go.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »
    What does Andy Reid do if he has a FG option late in OT to tie? Example facing a 4th and 3 mid redzone with less than a minute to go.

A tie would have put the Chargers in as well. I also just saw a piece on NBC that the Chargers had 7 guys on one side of the center on the missed FG by Succop! League will probably acknowledge tomorrow a flag should have been thrown and another kick from 36 yards should have occured. Something more for Pitts to steam about.
    edited December 2013
    How can the Cowboy organization allow that delay of game on that TD drive? Nobody on the sidelines or upstairs caught it? That's grounds for dismissal right there for all/any of the coaching staff.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Ron, somehow 40 seconds became 25 seconds and Collinsworth was the only one to notice it.
    Very odd... maybe everyone one the field got pushed into the future in a time capsule and Chris got left behind.
    I wouldn't put nothing past these criminal officials. Can't even question them because they already have the perfect answer
    before anyone asks.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »

I thought they'd go for it regardless of the situation. The announcers kept talking about them getting into FG range, but I think that Reid would have treated it like a preseason game in that he'd do what he could to try to win while also making sure to not extend the game any longer.
    edited December 2013
    Wraps it gets worse every year.

Tommy let's hope he would go for it or there would be an indelible rift between him and Pittsburgh.