Betting Talk

Something I don't agree with you may think otherwise

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Sports Betting
Didn't read the the whole article but the headline say's "Garrett says Romo checked out of run on Key interception "

What's wrong with telling the press I thought it was the right call at the right time with the defense they showed and if we make that play we go home but we didn't and as the Coach it's my call. As stupid as that may sound you can't throw your QB under the bus like that. Tell the owner and then have a sit down but to me that's just plain wrong.
Like I said I didn't read the whole article and actually not interested after that headline.

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Completely agree OT, Garrett threw Romo under the bus with that comment. Just another sign of poor leadership and another reason why Garrett has to go, along with that moron coaching the Lions.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited December 2013
    Huh ! I have a different view on it, I think by outing him maybe it gets him thinking a little bit better. If you keep pushing it under the rug and not exposing the guys mistakes then he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. I personally agree with the decision.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    garrett knows hes dead in the water eventually so he is probably like F it; see what kind of reaction I get. the boys D is so bad that they are irrelevant anyhow.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Huh ! I have a different view on it, I think by outing him maybe it gets him thinking a little bit better. If you keep pushing it under the rug and not exposing the guys mistakes then he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. I personally agree with the decision.

I completely disagree you don't berated your employees in public that won't get a very good response. That's just a chicken shit punk ass telling the press and the public don't blame me. Nothing ever good comes out of things like this. He may have fucked up and he maybe trying to hard to get the monkey off his back but he's a man a pro QB and should be treated with respect in public by his coach.

Behind close doors slap the shit out of him he has it coming but this hurts the team it doesn't help. There's what 53 other guys or so you think they agree with this. If he didn't lose the team already he lost it now. Now matter how bad my guys fucked up I tried to smooth it over and then behind close doors he got his. On a chronic problem you say Bye bye but you do that with class also you don't need to wash your dirty laundry in public regardless of who it is. Just an Opinion.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Maybe this Ivy League yes man should take a cue from Jacoby Jones. He's the guy that Tomlin got fined for. The whore press was trying to make an issue pitting Jones against Tomlin for not scoring the TD. Jones refused to blame Tomlin and insisted it had no effect on the play. Not only did he take the hight road but also had in mind what might be down the road.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited December 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I completely disagree you don't berated your employees in public that won't get a very good response. That's just a chicken shit punk ass telling the press and the public don't blame me. Nothing ever good comes out of things like this. He may have fucked up and he maybe trying to hard to get the monkey off his back but he's a man a pro QB and should be treated with respect in public by his coach.

Behind close doors slap the shit out of him he has it coming but this hurts the team it doesn't help. There's what 53 other guys or so you think they agree with this. If he didn't lose the team already he lost it now. Now matter how bad my guys fucked up I tried to smooth it over and then behind close doors he got his. On a chronic problem you say Bye bye but you do that with class also you don't need to wash your dirty laundry in public regardless of who it is. Just an Opinion.

I agree with that thought process in the real world, as I too would never rip my managers in public but behind closed doors it was something else. In the NFL , eh you have broad shoulders, you are suppose to be the man, you are making 100 million, you need to be brought to the mat.
    I maybe way off base here, but just my opinion. I don't think sports are like the real world atleast I don't think so. Just my opinion also, not being argumentetive just see it another way.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    I agree with that thought process in the real world, as I too would never rip my managers in public but behind closed doors it was something else. In the NFL , eh you have broad shoulders, you are suppose to be the man, you are making 100 million, you need to be brought to the mat.
    I maybe way off base here, but just my opinion. I don't think sports are like the real world atleast I don't think so. Just my opinion also, not being argumentetive just see it another way.

BK not taking your opinion as argumentative at all the title says some may not agree and even if it didn't your entitled. Will just agree to disagree. your opinion is respected.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »

I agree on not trashing your QB in front of the press, but in this case Garrett was taking heat for the lack of runs vs. passes once the big lead was established. If the coach is calling runs to manage the clock and the lead it is an issue if Romo audibles and keeps throwing picks or stopping the clock. I would guess the question came to Garrett on why he would be throwing in that situation and to tell the press he called for a running play is a simple statement of fact. If Romo is granted the option, as I am sure he is, to change the play then the question was answered properly by the coach. Not sure of the total context of the question but Garrett didn't call for a pass nor did he throw the pick ...Romo did.