Betting Talk

Howard Stern / Handicapping

jets96jets96 Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Sports Betting
Am driving my son to his pitching lesson today and just caught a piece of the stern recap show when a commercial came on about someone winning 70% of his plays. First , I missed his name, and 2nd , who has that kind of money to advertise on his show.
Anyone hear about this ?

Comments

• natasnatas Member
    edited December 2013
    I've heard it...can't remember the name of the tout as I was laughing too hard when I heard 70%..
  • RoyalFlushRoyalFlush Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Pretty sure his name is Jonathan Stone. I checked out the website and got a good laugh. Typical tout stuff
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Jonathan stone was the last few month, but I heard a new guy today on espn radio. Same stich, 7 of 10 winners. His play of the week is tonight!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    OMG just googled his name, not one good thing to say in any post or forum...you gotta go to his facebook page and read away
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    He changes the name every few months
  • 60feetheat60feetheat Member
    edited December 2013
    pitching lesson---- throw strikes
    3 other lessons---location,location,location
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Bet the game as if it's already been played
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not surprised these touts have the money to advertise on Stern. I've seen Adam Meyer ads in the background at baseball games (those digital ads that appear behind home plate), and Stern's show seems like one of the best non-sporting vehicles for advertising a tout service. The audience is predominately male, and I suspect the average Stern listener has a reasonable amount of disposable income since it requires a Sirius subscription.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Tout ads are all over College Sports Network on SiriusXM. I guess national audience, with a lot of young/un-knowledgeable listeners. They keep advertising, so it must pay big time.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    60 feet , well aware on what to do, my sons pitching coaches have all played at the major league level. Mets, jays and fla marlins and atl braves.
    He played on a 18 u team when still 13 and 14 .
  • 60feetheat60feetheat Member
    edited December 2013
    OK I wasn't trying to be a jerk and I don't care if CY Y oung is the kids coach its still always about throwing strikes and location.