Betting Talk

FSU is -22 vs Miami?

DieselDiesel Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
I'd love to hear what any sharp bettors have to say about this. 4 scores in a interstate rivalry game seems heavy. I understand Miami isn't as good as their #7 ranking, but damn.

Comments

• groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm no CFB sharp, but I think that's a bit high. Some book (maybe LVH?) had a lookahead line last week of -14 or -14.5.
  • DieselDiesel Member
    edited October 2013
    Seems like an overreaction due to this weeks results for sure.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I think the 31 Ohio st is giving up is too. Although Purdue is dreadful. But still like em
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    The model I use that uses tempo and yards per play as the main factors makes it FSU-23.
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    But based on how FSU has been priced so far this season and some other power ratings out there, I would've expected it to be around 17.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    When is the last time a spread between 2 top 10 teams has been this high?
  • DieselDiesel Member
    edited October 2013
    SunBelter wrote: »
    When is the last time a spread between 2 top 10 teams has been this high?

I'm sure someone can answer that question, but it seems as if the hype machine is out of control on FSU.
  • DeadMoneyDeadMoney Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I think it is warranted. MIA is the most overrated team in the country. They have had squeakers against mediocre teams 2 straight weeks. I think they would get thumped by florida if they played today. I'd be shocked if they score more than 10 on FSU. I have the same feeling with MIA as I did ND last year. Waited for them to play an elite team and faded.
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately I think FSU covers
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I have Florida State lined at -21, so I don't see anything abnormal going on here. As touched upon by a few other posters, Miami is not a great football team.

It'll certainly be interesting to see if any big money movers take a stance on this game.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I would also have to agree that if FSU were to play full throttle for 4 quarters they can easily cover. Miami has some injuries to receivers and have not looked good the last couple of weeks. FSU could have scored 70 easily against NCSt. but took the 2nd half off.