Betting Talk

Wes Reynolds

pufferfishpufferfish Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
I started a thread about him and a couple others some time ago, but wanted to dedicate this one to just him given some of his posted records I've found. Am I missing something here, or is this guy not one of the best anywhere on the internet (whether Twitter or anywhere else)?

From 2012:
NBA: 56-39 (+16.8)
CBB: 985-760-32 (+143.6)
NHL: 226-188-32 (+60.3)

From 2013:
CFB: 130.5-95-10 (+35.1)
NFL: 43-47-1 (-7.8)

He was also up 50+ units this season in MLB last I saw.

All of his plays are tracked against one unit, and he notes the vig in all plays. Thoughts?

Comments

• JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    This guy doesn't use WA lines at the time of his twitter posts. Major red flag for me
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    his plays that he posts are 70%-80% steam moves from donbest/sportsoptions. Its hilarious because i watch the screen all day, and when a move comes across you can bet your sweet ass that 9 times out of 10 Wes Reynolds is tweeting that move as a play 2-3 minutes after it comes across the screen.

he's also been caught multiple times erasing plays that he tweets if a line moves against him.
    and if you call him out on this, he will block you.

simply put, he is a steam chaser - and you will never get the lines that he posts on twitter.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    As others have said, some lines are either not WA, or simply fabricated. He released a play on Tuesday for STL +126, claiming it was from BetOnline. I can't find a single book that offered +126 at any point in time, not even Bovada. Opener was +115ish and looks like it never got any better than +117 or so. At time of post the line was something like 14 cents off the market price. Could have been an honest mistake. But trying to get an accurate record for his results would be tough, if cases like that are the norm. A couple other games I looked at had correct juice posted. I dunno. I'm of the opinion that as long as you're not touting and taking people's money, do whatever you want. Anyone tailing a free twitter capper won't do any worse than they would betting on their own, so what's the harm.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    BetOnline's best price was +115 and that was on Sunday. Their best price from Tuesday to first pitch appears to have been +113. If it's an honest mistake, sure, but anyone who refuses to correct obvious line errors like that or blocks people is just setting off red flags. Dishonesty is dishonesty, and misrepresentation is misrepresentation, regardless of whether the person is selling anything.

There's a handicapper Brian Sherwood who's been posting free plays for years on his website and uses lines from Bet365 and SIA. I never really mentioned it unless someone asked because the picks are free (although he does have affiliate ads on his site). Someone recently posted about the unavailability of some of his lines, and he said something like "Dude, you need better books, I've been betting online for 10 years and have never heard my lines were unavailable." If you claim to be betting online for 10 years and claim to not know that Bet365 and SIA have off lines and/or are very quick to boot people, that defies credibility. As does claiming that BoL had +126 on Tuesday when any line history indicates they didn't.
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I agree about the dishonesty and all. But I don't really believe the purpose of his twatter is to establish credibility, at least not in the sense that those of us with higher standards define it. I mean, everyone remembers that kid that was in their elementary school that had to lie about everything, to be the cool guy, or whatever it is that drives people to be dishonest. I picture people like this as just being grown up versions of that kid. I don't really understand it, but if you have any sense you learn to develop your own instincts to identify those types of people and avoid them. People that don't are making their own bed.
    edited October 2013
    Also, I think his STL play may have been a series bet, although it wasn't clear. If I recall correctly, that was the ballpark of where the line was at prior to G1. He could have been more clear about it, but again, crystal clarity and precise record keeping doesn't really seem to be the goal of his twitter, which is fine IMO.
  • hookhook Junior Member
    edited October 2013
    He also uses his Walters contest picks in his YTD records in NCAAF. Thoses plays are mostly totals that are typically 5-6 points from being WA. There is no way he could possibly have a ticket on those plays at that number.If he did not use those plays he may be around even on the year. I believe he is about ten units down on the year in NFL. He is a total fruad who is now going tout.
  • MaverickSH24MaverickSH24 Member
    edited October 2013
    Bets almost every 2nd half play you can imagine too...

All I know is I lose my shirt every weekend I tail him.

Has me questioning who even started promoting these twitter legends in the first place