Betting Talk

Better bet to make tonight?

MidwestGuy33MidwestGuy33 Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
Oakland (line seems fishy for Detroit) or NY Giants +7?

Giants have been beaten by double digits each of the last four games, are on a short week and the Bears are only laying a touchdown? Does that seem right? Thanks.

Like Oakland with the small line. Seems like Verlander in a Game 5 should be a higher bet.

Comments

• akearnsakearns Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    so u like the A's in baseball and the Bears in football? Do u think the football game is a trap.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    you peaked my curiosity what line would you make the Giant game and the baseball game.

Oakland a gritty team 53-30 at home and this kid can pitch and Detroit is again in one of there playoff funks in the hitting dept. Don't let the 8 runs fool you they haven't scored more then 3 since late Sept. I agree that 3 maybe enough but Oakland is Avg over 5 a game in the same time fame. I actually think the price is right and you may get a small plus with Verlander by game time.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    my local now dealing bears -8.5 (-110). I just can't figure a smart way to play this game. no need to stretch when there are so many other games to take a look at going forward.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    my local now dealing bears -8.5 (-110). I just can't figure a smart way to play this game. no need to stretch when there are so many other games to take a look at going forward.

I agree you know how these mid-week and Monday games play out just when you think you have it figured out wham could be a 19-10 tonight and your guess is as good as mine who gets the 19. I have Detroit already and Played Arizona yesterday so I'll make like there's no NFL game on.
    edited October 2013
    Something tells me take the Giants tonight and the 8 1/2. I don't know why but for some reason I think the Giants are playing for pride. I really don't think Chicago is that great and Cutler frightens me at times when he plays. Even though I got nothing on it G-men and the points.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    no reason to risk money on "something tells me take the Giants" or "playing for pride". must have a better reason to risk capital unless your wagering for fun :)... GL either which way kearns.
    edited October 2013
    Hey newcombe-not planning on taking this game at all. It's a horrible game to begin with. I see your point but I guess I would take the points in this one. GL if your playing it.