Betting Talk

Breaking Bad

LawboyLawboy Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
Odds Walter lives?

Odds Walter goes to jail?

Odds Walter gets chained to a wall in a Slovakian dungeon and is forced to make blue meth until he dies?

I think he lives. I think grey matter dies. I think Jessie dies. I think Skyler dies. Thoughts?

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    bol has walter dies at -300

:)
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm thinking Walt will let the cancer get him. Ricin for Lydia. Jesse and Brock live happily ever after.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I think Todd kills Lydia. Ricin for Jessie.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I have never watched the show, but so many many ppl tell me I would love it.. I'm gonna watch it on Netflix
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    buythehook wrote: »
    I have never watched the show, but so many many ppl tell me I would love it.. I'm gonna watch it on Netflix

The Wire has always been my favorite show until this season of Breaking Bad. Truly one of the best shows made, and these final 8 have been amazing.
    edited September 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Greatest show of all time alongside Sopranos.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Best show ever.
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Coops wrote: »
    The Wire has always been my favorite show until this season of Breaking Bad. Truly one of the best shows made, and these final 8 have been amazing.

I still like The Wire better overall. But fucking amazing final episode. Loved it.
    edited September 2013
    mjc257 wrote: »
    I still like The Wire better overall. But fucking amazing final episode. Loved it.

The Wire Season 4 is probably the greatest single season ever IMO. But the final 8 of Breaking Bad were equally fantastic. It's a tough call, the final season of BB is definitely better the final season of The Wire though.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    The Wire Season 4 is probably the greatest single season ever IMO. But the final 8 of Breaking Bad were equally fantastic. It's a tough call, the final season of BB is definitely better the final season of The Wire though.

agreed on all counts
    edited September 2013
    I think I'll re-watch both shows in their entirety over the next month and figure out which I prefer. But either way, it's close and they are both ridiculously good, better than anything else I've ever seen on tv or on a movie screen for that matter.
    edited September 2013
    I think I'll re-watch both shows in their entirety over the next month and figure out which I prefer. But either way, it's close and they are both ridiculously good, better than anything else I've ever seen on tv or on a movie screen for that matter.

100% agree. They are #1 and #2 in some order and there is a large gap to #3.
    edited September 2013
    100% agree. They are #1 and #2 in some order and there is a large gap to #3.

What is #3 in your opinion?
    edited September 2013
    What is #3 in your opinion?

Tough call.... Easy choice would be Sopranos, but so many loose ends in that show. Homeland was promising, but Season 2 really disappointed. Mad Men may be 3, depending on where they go with the story in the final season. Orange is the New Black and House of a Cards are too new for consideration. So yea, I can't pick a 3, I can pick a 1 and a 2, the rest is all inferior.
  • ComicBookGuyComicBookGuy Member
    edited September 2013
    Also agree about the Wire and Breaking Bad being 1 and 2. With BB ending I think Justified on FX is now the best show on TV. If you haven't seen it start from the beginning. I can't imagine anyone who likes the Wire and BB not liking it it.
    edited September 2013
    I can't make Sopranos #3. Just can't. First three seasons of Sopranos is top 2 material. The rest is disappointing. I never could get into Mad Men. Haven't watched House of Cards but have heard good things. I like Homeland, but it takes an extreme suspension of disbelief to enjoy that show. Ditto for Dexter. Just from an always-entertained-me standpoint, I'd put The Shield #3, but I think it moved too fast overall and I absolutely hated the final few episodes. Just finished season 1 of Boardwalk Empire, optimistic about next few seasons there too.
    edited September 2013
    Claire Danes' performance in first two seasons of Homeland is amazing. Best acting on tv in my opinion.
    edited September 2013
    Breaking Bad also takes some suspension of belief, most shows do, except The Wire, probably why it will end up remaining my #1 when some time passes. The acting on Homeland may also be it's downfall, because they should have killed Brody in season 2, but due to winning the Emmy they couldn't so it. Centering the show around the love story of Danes and Brody is a mistake, hopefully season 3 goes in a different direction (haven't watched tonight's episode yet). I forgot to mention Boardwalk Empire, season was the worst in my opinion, so if you made it past that, you should enjoy. Also neglected to mention Friday Night Lights, probably because it was on network TV. But nonetheless, very good writing and certain episodes/seasons are also top 5 worthy in my opinion. Plus, seeing Landry as a cold blooded killer on BB still cracks me up.
    edited September 2013
    Shit, I forgot to watch Homleand too, but I'm sure it'll be on a dozen times in the next three days. Lol it's on in two minutes. I guess I'll watch now.
    edited September 2013
    No mention of Six Feet Under?
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    game of thrones? different kind of show. But pretty good nonetheless
    edited September 2013
    I didn't watch Six Feet Under and don't watch Game of Thrones so can't judge.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    h82lose wrote: »
    game of thrones? different kind of show. But pretty good nonetheless
    awesome show for sure. the readers of the books will mention how a lot of detail is left out, etc. but the series and amount of episodes it would take to cover that much detail isn't possible. you could have endless episodes about each character alone, etc.
  • taxman18taxman18 Junior Member
    edited September 2013
    Two pages and no "Sons of Anarchy"?? 1) BB; 2) The Wire; 3) SOA....