High School Baseball vs Travel Baseball

2»

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited July 2013
    South Jersey.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    so you must have heard of diamond nation and baseball heaven ....big tournaments in each. There is where you find the better club teams.
    My wife and i were heading to cape may tomorrow but looks like rain again....maybe we will try belmar or pt pleasant , its not looking good for the weekend. How south are you
    edited July 2013
    I'm out half way between Philly and Atlantic City (right off the AC expressway).

I've heard of Diamond Nation from my nephew heading there to play (he plays on a travel team in upstate NY that goes to Flemington at least twice a year). I've never heard of Baseball Heaven though. I umpire a lot of baseball, but don't really head north of Haddonfield/Cherry Hill/Mount Laurel. Most of the stuff I do is further south.
    edited July 2013
    what age group ...i think am going there in a few weeks...my son is 14 but plays on 18u team but he does play on other teams when not playing for his 18 u team,am thinking we are there next week playing 14 u tournament
    edited July 2013
    He`s 12u. Thet`ve already made two trips this year so not sure if they are coming again. They are making their first trip to the Cooperstiwn Dreams Park for a week in August, so he`s very excited about that. Everyone that Ive talked to has great things to say about the Cooperstown tournaments.
  • BobbyBingoBobbyBingo Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Odiecab Oak Creek does not offer spring baseball because they play summer baseball I'm not sure if your right about the 90% stat. I am going to find out about the ratio between Summer and Spring What school does your son go to?
  • BobbyBingoBobbyBingo Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    TommyL my son played in Cooperstown when he was 12. Fantastic experience all the around for the boys. Playing teams from all over, great compitition etc.they get really cool uniforms and the pin trading is fun between the teams. Good Luck!
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    I am located in the only other state that has HS baseball. I coached 10 years at the HS level. No players in Iowa with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 a decade, statewide, select not to play HS baseball. Legion State tourney is in the spring so kids can complete the HS season, then the Legion champions go to Regionals after our state HStourney. That is one option used to get big time exposure. If not, the good players in SE Iowa go to Perfect Game USA (Cedar Rapids)for help in the college exposure area, since colleges have a roster ready before our season is even finished! Is the Legion program big in your area?
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Do you mean Iowa is the only other state with the season during the summer?
    edited July 2013
    been to cooperstown also, LOVED it, my son hit 10 homers ,we played 4 games back to back to back to back to finally getting knocked out ,we finished like 18th ranked out of the 100 or so teams in tournament....club teams from all over the country...there was team there sponsered by the mgm in vegas, a team from CA that had kids from like 5 other states on the team. 6 foot something monsters playing like men as 12 year olds,it was crazy.
    If anyone here reads this and has a son 12 or younger try to get into this, your son will never,never forget it..the team stays in a dorm setting with the other teams,no parents allowed, only coaches.....i loved the hall of fame but thought it was a little over rated ,i was done looking at everything in a little over an hour , but if you wanted to read everything you can take all day.
  • dirty49dirty49 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Correct.