edited June 2013
    All together now........

THANKS STEVIE!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    All together now........

THANKS STEVIE!

You see that's what's been missing :) or I just got back and wasn't around so it could be me also. Let me be the first to say thanks and give credit to a fine human being. I was looking for one of those can of corns where do you get them.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Wait a second, I'm confused. We had a lead entering the ninth and the closer didn't blow it. It's a strange feeling to win a game leading in the ninth inning, but it's something I can get used to.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    scherzer goes from getting the steviey fade treatment in early 2012 to a 10-0 start in 2013

not a bad outcome
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited June 2013
    scherzer goes from getting the steviey fade treatment in early 2012 to a 10-0 start in 2013

not a bad outcome

You notice I haven't faded him this year. :) I do have a prop on Scherzer +5.5 K's vs King Felix.
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Stevie Y, love the new avatar. That's what my 3, mother and 2 daughters would say.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    That's why I'm a Cat lover (I like Dogs to) but when you call a dog he comes right away when you call a cat he first thinks about it. I like tough and not trusting because when you win them over they will do just about anything a dog can do and less needy. My cats fetch,sit stay but when they done with me they walk away and I love that in a cat.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    That's why I'm a Cat lover (I like Dogs to) but when you call a dog he comes right away when you call a cat he first thinks about it. I like tough and not trusting because when you win them over they will do just about anything a dog can do and less needy. My cats fetch,sit stay but when they done with me they walk away and I love that in a cat.

Not to mention they know to go take a crap in an appropriate indoor location without any human assistance. :)
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Minnesota is not a play, correct?
    edited June 2013
    buythehook wrote: »
    Minnesota is not a play, correct?

If you can find it -115 or better(BOL has -114), I'd play it. I got -110 last night. It's heading down but it is close to game time so I don't think it will get there WA.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Steve, you think Oswalt is ready for his come back? and if he does pitch well today do u think he bounces in his 2nd start?
    edited June 2013
    underwraps wrote: »
    Steve, you think Oswalt is ready for his come back? and if he does pitch well today do u think he bounces in his 2nd start?

Sorry, didn't see this before my Dr appt. I think he is. He's a pro, facing a lineup that isn't exactly lighting the world on fire right now. I don't know about bouncing. He's had enough preparation to go 100 pitches. I doubt they will over extend him tonight.
  • grenadegrenade Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey Stevie

Curious if the odds were mixed up and play is on San Diego -108 or LAD -102?
    edited June 2013
    grenade wrote: »
    Hey Stevie

Curious if the odds were mixed up and play is on San Diego -108 or LAD -102?

SD -108. My line feed didn't update, still had an old line up.
  • BobyosaiBobyosai Member
    edited June 2013
    Not looking good today.
    edited June 2013
    Luckily there is only 2 1/2 more weeks.
    edited June 2013
    You confident in turning things around.
    edited June 2013
    Why 2.5 more weeks, stop to concentrate on football?
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    2 1/2 more weeks til I go broke if I keep on following these plays.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    organic313 wrote: »

choice is yours... and always has been.
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    choice is yours... and always has been.

Digging grave as we speak.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Organic... I'll recommend again that you stop gambling, but as Newcombe said, your choice.

Bobyosai... Stevie announced at the beginning of the season that he would only be posting until mid-July as his personal baseball-playing schedule will not allow him to post after that this Summer.
    edited June 2013
    Bobyosai wrote: »
    You confident in turning things around.

At this point, no time to turn it around. 2 1/2 weeks(all-star break), my season is over. It was going to be over whether I was up 20 or down 20. I mentioned before the year started that it would more than likely end when I went overseas for a baseball tournament in mid-July. Gone for 9 days right after the all-star break, come back for an easy week, then 3-4 of my busiest playing weeks/post season tournament, I wasn't too interested in dropping out for a month and then trying to pick it back up.

It's been frustrating but I've been more pissed with better seasons. There have been maybe 3-4 games that I looked at afterward and wondered why I played it. I had about the same the 1st half of last year when I was up 20+ units. I mentioned some stats a few weeks ago and nothing has changed. We still have only won 1 game that we were not leading after the 4th inning, we are under .500 when tied or leading after 7 innings, we have blown 16 saves, opp 0(all my plays it is 23 -0 and I am 8-26 when I beat the close by 20+ cents). 0? I'm at the point now that I hope the 0 doesn't change. :) It's either a crappy play or we find a way to lose. Nothing has changed in the last three weeks. Crazy year all around.
    edited June 2013
    organic313 wrote: »

Your a big boy, no one is forcing you to play them.
  • brickhandsbrickhands Member
    edited June 2013
    You are a class act...but I expect that from a fellow Michigander! Good Luck
    StevieY wrote: »
    At this point, no time to turn it around. 2 1/2 weeks(all-star break), my season is over. It was going to be over whether I was up 20 or down 20. I mentioned before the year started that it would more than likely end when I went overseas for a baseball tournament in mid-July. Gone for 9 days right after the all-star break, come back for an easy week, then 3-4 of my busiest playing weeks/post season tournament, I wasn't too interested in dropping out for a month and then trying to pick it back up.

It's been frustrating but I've been more pissed with better seasons. There have been maybe 3-4 games that I looked at afterward and wondered why I played it. I had about the same the 1st half of last year when I was up 20+ units. I mentioned some stats a few weeks ago and nothing has changed. We still have only won 1 game that we were not leading after the 4th inning, we are under .500 when tied or leading after 7 innings, we have blown 16 saves, opp 0(all my plays it is 23 -0 and I am 8-26 when I beat the close by 20+ cents). 0? I'm at the point now that I hope the 0 doesn't change. :) It's either a crappy play or we find a way to lose. Nothing has changed in the last three weeks. Crazy year all around.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited June 2013

It's been frustrating but I've been more pissed with better seasons.

Oh, come on now.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe that Under play will turn the luck and be the start of a good run.
  • JchampJchamp Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Stevie unfortunately I never profited from your prior seasons plays but I still appreciate your time and effort .. I know there are many hours that go into studying and posting ... Good luck in your season, who do you play for? I've been doing ok on the bases but I'm looking forward to college football thats my money maker. . Anyways good luck all
    edited June 2013
    Jchamp wrote: »
    Thanks Stevie unfortunately I never profited from your prior seasons plays but I still appreciate your time and effort .. I know there are many hours that go into studying and posting ... Good luck in your season, who do you play for? I've been doing ok on the bases but I'm looking forward to college football thats my money maker. . Anyways good luck all

It's a summer college team. All our players are former or current division 1 players. We play 60-70 games, about 80% against teams similar to us, the other 20% against division 2 and lower players. Our "owner" puts a lot of money into it(our "budget" is in the 250K range a season), he has a GM who recruits players from around the country(many summer teams do that), find them jobs during the season that work around our schedule. We have some travel for weekend tournaments outside of the two leagues we play in. We used to be a fixture in a tournament in the Netherlands until the tourney started to go with national teams(going back this year for a tourney set up by one of the people who ran the original that is played on even years), played a tourney in Cuba where we were the only non-national team(that was 24 years ago when i was in college). After last year and the longest winter of my life, I thought my body was going to fall apart before my reflexes and this would be my last year but the way I feel and am playing right now, I think I have another one in me(knock on wood :) ).

When you hear people talk that so and so college pitcher has never thrown 150 or 200 innings in a year, most of the time, it's bullshit. They throw 80-100+ in their college season, and pretty much match it and sometimes eclipse it in the summer.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    i don't get it:
    Nothing for 6/27

Minnesota(I'd play it to -127) is the closest but got hit overnight.

obviously i'm not the sharpest angle in the parallelogram, but where are these overnight moves originating? if the talk has been of books protecting themselves with reduced over night limits, who is out there max betting these things and potentially costing themselves value (or edge, or whatever you want to label the potential loss of future equity CBA style)?

seems more pronounced recently, off the top of head H had E Jackson and it dropped damn near 30 cents overnight. i'm up at like 5:30 for work, so reduced limits still in effect. last night into this morning, 20 cents on Boston and still climbing.

what shop is leading the pack on these moves?