• JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited June 2013
    NBA Guru wrote: »
    NBA GURU

Please take your Bodog account and get over yourself
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2013
    It's comments like this that help motivate me. Thank you to these doubters. A simple binomial distribution assuming 50/50 odds would suggest I beat 66-1 odds this year flipping my coins. Please keep doubting.

NBA GURU

Most serious bettors who sell/share their plays don't need any added motivation beyond just wanting to win for themselves and their followers/clients.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I purchased Guru's picks this season and I was very pleased with the results. He only released plays that we're at least 2 stars and he was successful. I felt he was very selective in his plays and there were many nights where he didnt even have a play. I didn't really want to speak about it because I knew there were a lot of haters on the site.

Great season Guru!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited June 2013
    148-115-2 (56.2%)

Congrats on a solid season Guru.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Congrats, he was always solid here and much continued success. See jala that wasn't so hard to wish a fellow poster that was generous with his talent in the NBA instead of assuming he would fail.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    It's comments like this that help motivate me. Thank you to these doubters. A simple binomial distribution assuming 50/50 odds would suggest I beat 66-1 odds this year flipping my coins. Please keep doubting.

NBA GURU

I find it odd that these comments serve to motivate you.

Also, if the record posted by RAS is correct, you're not doing your binomial calculation correctly. It's a 2.4% chance. What was your record prior to this year?
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Found it, but too late to edit: 677-640. 17.4% chance of that if you're flipping. This season was certainly more impressive than the 1300 plays before it. Combine those two, however, and I'd say you're likely a slightly +ev capper. I'd probably follow you at a reduced juice book if you were posting for free. I would pay for ya. Either way, though, GL.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    do you have a spreadsheet listing ur selections and time of release?

thx
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I subscribed and was pleased with the results. I will say that I was a half point off on multiple releases, but I also don't have multiple outs. Just my 2 cents
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited June 2013
    do you have a spreadsheet listing ur selections and time of release?

thx

GL with that. Dude gets free advertising here and doesn't have to answer any queries. Mission accomplished for him, no way he posts again until either a) beginning of next season or b) June '14 if he luckboxes again.

Let's face it, the supposed results aren't exactly documented or transparent.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I see dr bob's given up the NFL and hired some other tout no ones heard of to do NFL for him. Sure that will work brilliantly.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    He hired Mike O'Conner says he was financial analyst?? Where Leemans? Belly up LOL
    edited June 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    GL with that. Dude gets free advertising here and doesn't have to answer any queries. Mission accomplished for him, no way he posts again until either a) beginning of next season or b) June '14 if he luckboxes again.

Let's face it, the supposed results aren't exactly documented or transparent.

Lol...like I said before... A lot of haters on here. I played and followed his plays all season and made money.
    edited June 2013
    buythehook wrote: »
    Lol...like I said before... A lot of haters on here. I played and followed his plays all season and made money.

what was the usual release time and how many of the bets were totals?
    edited June 2013
    Most of the release times were around 5-6 eastern time. During the playoffs, he had a few bets earlier in the day or even a day before a game ahead of line movement. He was very good with email notifications, he would say no plays for the rest of night or he would say they will be one more release after 6...etc

Just off of memory, most of picks were side plays, but he did play some totals.
    edited June 2013
    buythehook wrote: »
    Most of the release times were around 5-6 eastern time. During the playoffs, he had a few bets earlier in the day or even a day before a game ahead of line movement. He was very good with email notifications, he would say no plays for the rest of night or he would say they will be one more release after 6...etc

Just off of memory, most of picks were side plays, but he did play some totals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4&t=0m25s
    edited June 2013

Lol... I've seen this before, but what does that have to do with this topic?
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    durito wrote: »
    I see dr bob's given up the NFL and hired some other tout no ones heard of to do NFL for him. Sure that will work brilliantly.

i applied for that position, didn't even get an interview